Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-12-2019, 05:17 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1/350 USS Endurance - TMP era expedition cruiser

I'm in the zen garden with a rake. "Oom... oom..."

Those look fantastic, Admiral, so much so that I want to take a walk along those paths.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 03-18-2019, 06:46 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
I'm in the zen garden with a rake. "Oom... oom..."

Those look fantastic, Admiral, so much so that I want to take a walk along those paths.
Be my guest! (Bring fish food)

Weekend update: The permanent joining of the upper and lower halves of the secondary hull over the armature required bodywork to blend the seam as well as the build-out of the deflector cove and photon torpedo bay installation.

Sneak preview of the nacelle components in production:

Old 03-20-2019, 08:16 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

She's coming together! And the creation of those nacelles looks crazy! Very cool.

Old 04-01-2019, 08:14 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Weekly Update: The main hangar deck has been completed and installed. Off and on for a few months of printing, panting, backlit displays, fiber optics and chase lights, it's finally mounted into the secondary hull.

The fantail assembly was built up and a 3D printed clear stern section was installed and lit from behind. The extruded lettering made it easy to scrape/sand the light block and primer layer. This is still very rough as I did this quickly last night to check for light leaks.

Hood alongside E:

The 3D printed nacelles have arrived. 26.5" in length, they're nearly the length of Hood:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 04-01-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Holy shit.....
Old 04-08-2019, 05:10 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Wait. What? I can’t even comprehend the size of this monstrosity. And the hand in the pic, holding the nacelle? Surely a child’s hand. Perhaps a little toddler.

And the small “spill lights” along the bottom of the nacelle... aren’t those on the JJ-prise?

-SF
Old 04-08-2019, 09:56 AM
All ahead full

The vertical dividers are temporary supports. The nacelle grill will be a continuous lighted swoop.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:57 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Bill, just seriously top shelf...strike that...above top shelf hand and brain work that's going in to this. Shows your skills as always but the lit up name on the fan tail with the hangar lighting? Now that sir, made me smile big time. Even more than usual when looking at this build!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 04-09-2019, 10:10 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Were the nacelles modeled in Sketchup (like the pagodas)?
Old 04-09-2019, 10:20 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
Bill, just seriously top shelf...strike that...above top shelf hand and brain work that's going in to this. Shows your skills as always but the lit up name on the fan tail with the hangar lighting? Now that sir, made me smile big time. Even more than usual when looking at this build!
Thanks for putting a smile on mine today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Were the nacelles modeled in Sketchup (like the pagodas)?
Yup. Everything that I've had printed has originated from the SketchUp concept model. In the case of the nacelles, (a four month process) they needed uprezzed to make them as smooth as possible as SketchUp does not render smooth curves very well (ie: at all). These were rebuilt in Maya and later enhanced in Cinema 4D along with other software for print-prep. The model had to be broken into 4 segments with alignment tabs so that it fit within the print bed of the Form2 as well as having the individual transparent components printed in clear resin.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:42 AM

Dude, that is crazy!! And awesome! The size is incredible, but most of all I am just in love with the shape of those 'ample nacelles.' Sexy as hell.

I could imagine them with a cockpit and wings too, or maybe reversed with a little conn tower on top... Lovely.

The name looks good too and that hangar deck is just wow. Probably too late now, but have you thought of putting magnets on a track under the deck and having the shuttles moving about in there..?

Old 04-10-2019, 06:58 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Dude, that is crazy!! And awesome! The size is incredible, but most of all I am just in love with the shape of those 'ample nacelles.' Sexy as hell.

I could imagine them with a cockpit and wings too, or maybe reversed with a little conn tower on top... Lovely.

The name looks good too and that hangar deck is just wow. Probably too late now, but have you thought of putting magnets on a track under the deck and having the shuttles moving about in there..?
Thanks Tiberious!

I doubt the magnets would be able to navigate the forest of fiber optics living beneath the deck but it's an idea for the next one.