Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-28-2018, 11:23 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/8th Ready Player One Delorean.

Yeah it's the Eaglemoss Back To The Future Delorean partwork thing but I'm doing it different because why the hell not.
Ok then, it's going to be a long haul job but making a bit of a start now parts 1&2 are in my grubby mitts. Now the one is the movie looks like this...

So we are not talking a clean piece of work by any means. Lots of exterior and interior reworking to be done but that's for way down the road aways. But first up is a change of licence plate. Movie one like so...

Mesh done and shuffled off to Shapeways.

Printed item with some paint and DIY waterslide decals thrown at it.

Dry fit of the rear parts I have and a looksee.

And it's a start. Second up, the final battle scene in the move opens with the charge being accompanied by the Twisted Sister track 'We're Not Gonna Take It' being played on a Sharp GF-7600 Boombox as this screenie shows...

Well hunted down some decent pics of one and went in to polygon punching mode.

Shapeways came through just nicely.

And after a fair bit of cleaning/painting/wash/DIY decal dealing, I got this...

And a 1/1 scale modeling hand for size reference...

Have to say I'm pretty damn happy with that!
Some more small bits required.
I'll be in need of a correct scale Battlestar Galactica TOS Colonial Blaster, a Zemeckis Cube and one Holy Hand grenade...
They were all used by the main character in the movie so I s'pose I'd better have them. I foresee a pile of polygon pushing about to be done but that's for down the road aways.

Later all!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenie3.jpg (48.3 KB, 6 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 10-28-2018, 03:13 PM

CTG is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1/8th Ready Player One Delorean.

Wow I'm speechless....boombox looks like it will play that cassette
Old 10-28-2018, 06:18 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That looks incredible! Love the boombox and the idea to turn it into the RP1 DeLorean.
You need to put a small MP3 player in that or something to play that Twisted Sister song!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 10-28-2018 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:05 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

That's... that's just amazing!
Great idea, great plan, great execution so far--

-SF
Old 10-29-2018, 11:31 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTG View Post
Wow I'm speechless....boombox looks like it will play that cassette
Thanks CTG, does look the part does it not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
That looks incredible! Love the boombox and the idea to turn it into the RP1 DeLorean.
You need to put a small MP3 player in that or something to play that Twisted Sister song!
Thanks Tiberious. I did hold up my little MP3 player to the Boombox and had a 'Hmmmmm' moment...maybe next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
That's... that's just amazing!
Great idea, great plan, great execution so far--

-SF
Thanks SF, it's just another on the 'so far, so good' list As for the rest, that remains to be seen!
Does that count?
Old 10-30-2018, 06:30 AM

Skiffy will become famous soon enoughSkiffy will become famous soon enough

What a great idea for an augmented build. I had that boom-box's big brother back in the eighties - a GF9500. Wish I still had it.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:03 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks Skiffy.
Yeah, them old beasties are starting to be worth a bit nowadays.
Does that count?
Old 10-30-2018, 07:51 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That boom box looks so REAL!! The back impresses me more than the front. I can't get over it!

Last edited by Tiberious; 10-30-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:41 AM

TEL20102 will become famous soon enoughTEL20102 will become famous soon enough

Nice one Ian old buddy that really does look impressive, you have a knack of making it look so easy. I can even read the writing on the back. SUPERB!!

Skiffy I think I can beat yours.. I had back in 84 the big model that had the opening front to load a 12" vinyl record and I think it might still be hiding somewhere in the loft.
That really got you noticed when you walked down the street with it hanging on your shoulder but boy did it eat batteries!!
Old 10-31-2018, 04:02 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
That boom box looks so REAL!! The back impresses me more than the front. I can't get over it!
Thanks Tiberious and in all honesty, you are not alone there. After all the paintwork and decal faffing about with the back casing, I fitted the phono socket/switch strip and the power socket then took a look at it. I swear I was just standing there grinning like an idiot for about 5 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEL20102 View Post
Nice one Ian old buddy that really does look impressive, you have a knack of making it look so easy. I can even read the writing on the back. SUPERB!!
Thanks Terry! Yeah the decal work for that took a bit of squinting and messing about beyond what I thought it may need but bloody worth it in the end.

For what it's worth gang, I did do up some WIP pages on me site for it which goes in to slightly more detail about how things came to be so for those that may be interested...

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipdelorean.html

With the amount of bloody pics to cover it all, the Boombox alone takes up all of pages 2 and 3 but it is what it is.

Enjoy!
Does that count?
Old 10-31-2018, 04:35 PM

Well worth an idiotic grin!

Let's rock out!

Last edited by Tiberious; 10-31-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:02 AM

Richard Baker has a spectacular aura aboutRichard Baker has a spectacular aura aboutRichard Baker has a spectacular aura aboutRichard Baker has a spectacular aura about

Simply astounding!