Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 07-18-2009, 09:59 AM

Alb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud of
Default LightCycle

Ok this is the last model I've to show you for now.

This is a finished one and it is a kit.
It started as a personal project because I wanted to test my methods of building models with the help of my CNC machine and because I love that movie.

I start by showing you some photos of the painted model. In the first two photos there are some Photoshop magic to add a glow to the white grid.

Now some WIP images.

Here you can se the master about to be finished. Here it needs only some fine sanding work:

Finally, the first three resin copies ready to be shipped !

The model is 10cm long (about 4").

Alb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CyberCycle01_150.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	30455  
Old 07-18-2009, 10:42 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All
Default Re: LightCycle

That's really cool. I've always wanted to build a diorama like this. It would be so sweet to have a pair or trio, like the scene from the movie, racing along in the display. You've captured the look of the ground plane and grid perfectly to my eyes.

-Doug
Old 07-18-2009, 11:56 AM

Alb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud ofAlb has much to be proud of

Thank you dbhs! If it is possible to make some advertising here, the kit is ready to ship. Maybe I can write more infos in the Vendors section ?
Old 07-18-2009, 04:10 PM

Elkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant futureElkybaby has a brilliant future

The display is great, well done love Tron stuff, you got me wanting one of these, or three!
Old 07-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Alb..... VERY nice my friend!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 07-18-2009, 09:22 PM
So Say We All

SpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of All

Love the lightcycle!!!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Styrene Addict

Brad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud of

I enjoy seeing anything TRON related because projects from this show are so rare. I especially like seeing them when they're done as well as this. Outstanding job on the Light Cycle man. VERY NICE!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:37 PM

bobs56 New face in the crowd

I'm also a great fan of the film, and this was my first attempt a couple of years or so ago. It was ok, but there were one or two areas that I wasn't happy about. The model was made entirely of mdf (quite heavy but I like them to have weight), at 16" long with a 1/2" base.

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/bobs56/Tron/

I've since 'mastered' version II (16" long again), of which has just had a coat of primer. A little more sanding down and another coat or two of filler primer and she's ready for moulding.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

This is outstanding.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:01 AM

Thank you everybody! Very happy you like it.

bobs56: great job ! Wow, 16" long! It's definitely big! For models without all that details I prefer small scales. But you've done a great job!
Old 08-01-2009, 11:26 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Dude, this totally rocks. Beautifully done Alb
Old 08-01-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
Dude, this totally rocks. Beautifully done Alb
Thank you Rider !

BTW, if somebody is interested, the model kit is on sale.
Take a look here:

http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=7369

ALB-LAB
Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 AM

Snagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud ofSnagger has much to be proud of

Beautifully done - especially with the fade on the trailing "light wall", it almost lloks like a screen grab from the film (it would look just like a grab if you used photoshop to make the picture grainier and a little washed out and darker).
Old 09-21-2009, 03:04 PM

Firefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to behold

ok,
I want one, got paypal?
Will
Old 02-11-2018, 08:44 AM

Hi guys ! In the last year I slowly returned to the active model building. A lot of things changed in the last 8 years but at least I'm still here!

I don't know if all of you are on the Resin Illuminati Facebook group.
I've been asked to reissue this model kit but I need to reach a minimum number of orders to start the casting.
If anybody is interested, this is the link to the reservation form:

http://www.alb-lab.it/html/cybercycle_reserve.php

--
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CybercycleBoxContent.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	73164   Click image for larger version

Name:	CyberCycle04.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	136.5 KB