Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Resin Illuminati > Board Rules and Guidelines

Board Rules and Guidelines Look here for all things related to posting and the rules thereof

Old 01-18-2012, 04:05 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: How Far Enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Atlantis View Post
I hear ya man - one of my favorite AMT-TOS-E builds was one I did years ago - long gone now

1 bottle of Testors Gloss White to which I'd added 20 drops of Dark Blue

Damn the fricking 'Concrete', this baby glowed

I remember years ago I was following a thread at SSM about the "correct" color of the TOS-E. It went on forever and I remember one of the board senior members had access to the actual colors used at Paramount. turns out the original color was carried by Sears, and was called "Concrete".

Man, you shoulda seen how fast I flew out to the Sears Hardware center to get a look at that color chip!

When I got there and found it, I was like "really?" Well, it looked like ass to me---and that's when I started to ask myself "what am I doing?"

Go with what you like....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:03 PM

raidernationhef New face in the crowd

Ooooh yeah! I like your thinking about the MSM in general, and PC in particular!!

Check my site, you might like....

Last edited by Neb; 03-10-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

What the fuck does that have to do with a model building section?
Old 03-10-2012, 08:09 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

^^^^^

Not a thing....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 03-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
And should anyone need it, I have all the high purity, VERY low dewpoint Gas Nitrogen we'll ever need......

On the point of color----I've really been hung up on that the last year or so. It's driven me away from Trek, BSG, Star wars, etc. only because everybody's ass is wratcheted so tight over color. I have a Jesse Meyer's 1/24 Colonial Viper that's been sitting in a box for years now only because I don't see the point of replicating what everyone else builds.

Let's see....base color white, pre-shade panel ohhh I don't know, dark grey maybe and then mist coat with thinned base color white. Apply the red stripe decals----maybe I'll use the "chipped" decals instead. Do some laser damage ---vary the color on a few panels, a pin wash and VOILA!!!

I've got a Viper that looks like Jason Eaton's and everyone else's!

I absolutely mean no disrespect to anybody that wants a replica of a Viper, Refit "E", Y-wing, X-wing or any other iconic piece of Sci-fi Hardware, but I want something different now and what's worse I'd like to do it with some of these very pieces----but I'm not into the drama of listening to "What the fuck is up the paint on that?" ----you all know the drill....

That's why I had sooooo much fun building that Falke last year.

On the 4 year U-boat build-----I've seen dozens of these bad puppies at our local and regional shows the last few years---judged some of them---and the best ones (to me anyhow) were anything but the standard colors. Actually----I think there may have been just a hint of the standard colors in those builds. All kinds of crazy shit going on----layer upon layer of different color. Metallic iron, steel, varying shades of the original paint worn and faded, light tones of rust stains sreaking down out of Limber holes.....bad ass.....

Guess why my Type VII, and Gato subs have been sitting on a shelf for 4 years?

Like Dave said----it's your model. Have a blast! I have to keep reminding myself of that all the time.

Now I think I'll go put a Polished aluminum finish on my Viper----thanks for the inspiration gents!
Well, Neb, i too like to see different stuff, as a breathe of fresh air from the cookie cutter ships, so, check this out http://www.thereplicapropforum.com/f...ed-9-a-137224/
I painted an x-wing for Evan Wharram, he did the build up, anyway, he wanted something different so i made him a red 9, it is different and got a lot of praise.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:34 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Very nice work you did there, A!

B
Old 03-21-2012, 06:38 AM
My ass is itchy...

Damn...I'm stuck at work. Gotta wait til I get home to see the piccies.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Thank ya Ben! I know it was a little "off" topic, lol! but most of my work is different in a lot of ways.
In staying on topic, I dont critiqe someone elses work because just maybe they are doing the same as i or as the case may be that i dont know the diffeence lol!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:59 PM
My ass is itchy...

THERE she is! [Kahn voice off]

Oh I'm loving that! The brass tubing----all that nasty rust and crap all over the engines. NOW it looks like it's been through hell and back!

Kudos Apophis!!!

And to answer the question "How Far Enough?"

"As far as you want...."

Old 03-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Thank you hoomans!