Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-26-2018, 11:02 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default Two Sulaco Models...Twice The Fun...?

OK gang, just a taster post if you will...but first off...
I did not build them...just so you know.

Right, got handed two Sulaco pretty much finished models to fix up/paint/finish. These were scratch built by a fella over here in the UK, I only know him as Barrie (the old guy) from Preston. He showed pics of one around a couple of boards and to quote himself from the RPF thread:
"May not have all the correct detailing as the film guys build as they go and do not keep accurate record of just HOW they did it, but I think my own version is not bad."

I'll say it now, he may say 'not bad', I say they are actually pretty damn good in my humble opinion and certainly look the part. Not going to sit here and say I could do any better in all honesty so there ya have it. Also to note, they only have a coat of primer and that's all.

So then, the first of the two and this will also serve as the paint test for the other one.

As to size, that's a 39" rule in the pic below.

OK, the round bit just aft of the middle requires some surface detailing on the outer faces but that's no big deal. Now the plan is to paint this in the same mask/spray/mask/repeat/wash & weather as I did the small Halcyon piece of shit I built some time ago.

Paints are these...

Also have to add the markings and make a stand for it.

And then once that one is done, we get to the really silly part...

I'm about 6'2" so work it out for yaself

This also needs some sorting out with the round bit, namely replacing the faces with elliptical domes and re-detailing, a bit of fiddling about here and there, paint, chuck on the markings etc. then sort out a stand mount. Methinks a steel tripod stage speaker/light stand will sort that.

Oh it's all good fun!
More when I get around to them proper gang.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG8325.JPG (82.5 KB, 4 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 04-26-2018, 05:57 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of
Default Re: Two Sulaco Models...Twice The Fun...?

Fabulous! I can’t wait to see you work your magic on these.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:02 AM
Kit Assembler

bg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to beholdbg_451 is a splendid one to behold

Yowsa! They're huge! Can't wait to see the magic either.
They look bloody good just in primer btw....

Last edited by bg_451; 05-03-2018 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:16 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Sweet Jeebus!

Great pic with the "WTF? face Ian...

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!