PDA

View Full Version : Custom Replicas Galactica parts inventory

customreplicator
09-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Pulling of Fal-Gal plate

Note as of 12-21-2008

I am pulling the FalGal plate out of the parts offering as it has come to my attention that it's origin is now known and we do not wish to impede on the creator's rights. Contact Doug Maio for information on it's potential use or if he wishes to sell any copies of it.

Jim Key

Kuhn Global
09-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Very nice Jim! :D

This is a subject I am VERY pleased that you are turning into reality! :D

birdtree
09-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Very nice work.

Mark

customreplicator
09-06-2008, 11:01 AM
So much of the ship will end up becoming resin, as we have not 1, but 3 to build, and it simply makes replication easier.

We have hundreds of molds already, and the molding process ( so far ) has yielded near exact model kit like parts ( mass and thickness ).

Our goal this coming week, and perhaps next week, is to re-photograph all the parts that have been translated from plastic to resin, and re-organize them into new groups, that will have a linear numbering system. I am going to have my assistants take the sections we photograph, cut them apart, and place them together as groups ( i.e. - engine, landing bays, neck, coffin, pyramid, head-trench, head section, etc. ).

It will be as inclusive as it can be made within our ongoing time limits. I wish to have all the parts simply numbered, then anyone can contact me, place an order for a particular, group, series of groups, et al, or particular part, and we give them an estimate, and shipping cost.

Hopefully this will satisfy all interested parties.

As to when, we will make all these parts available as soon as possible, into October and beyond. We are still trying to get our builds organized.

I may be coming here for part(s) request(s) as well, and will make unique deals with individuals for trades of patterns, as I have done so before ( references available upon request ).

Stay tuned, more to come...

Jim Key

customreplicator
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Finalization of series offerings:

Series 1 will be reorganized to inlcude most of the engine section.
Series 2 will be the main body minus the arms
Series 3 will be the arms
Series 4 will be the landing bays
Series 5 will be the head section

Here is a preview of Series 1 as we re-organized it today. Everything seen will be molded and cast ( all manilla color is cast samples ). See below thumbnails. Note Part #13 will be added soon, as will part #14 in Series 1A. Note also, the D-51 end of raider intake parts will be put into this group as well.

I am also going to lower the FalGal plate to $150.00 USD plus shipping ( if purchased separately ). We haven't come up with a price for the entire Series 1 ( Engine section ) yet.

I will still sell the D-51 as a complete set $65.00 USD ( including two new parts - Thanx Charles! ).

Also, the Sealab parts will be sold as separate items too. I'll include all as a combo package for $50.00 USD ( 4 sinks, and 4 each the side panels - 12 parts in all! )

Tomorrow the ROCOS and engine side details ( as much as we currently have ).

( Edit as of 9-7-2008 to swap in the revised lower engine plate parts )
( Edit as of 10-5-2008 to swap in reviswed upper engine plate parts. Note on #74A and #74B - to be inserted - engine half plates )

Enjoy!

Jim Key

birdtree
09-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Amazing to see the Galactica's engine parts layed out like that. Great work guys.

Mark

LastBattlestar
09-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Excellent display pics, Jim. We needed to see things laid out and numbered like this- much easier to make a shopping list!

Thanks again for this effort. This kit parts supply would have been unthinkable for those of us struggling with this project only a short time ago. Well done!

Mike, Oz

modman06
09-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Hi guys.

Im not a big galactica fan. i think what turned me off more than anything was the fact that it would take for ever to get all the parts needed to build one. But what you guys are offering is great, and im now planning on getting some parts for a future build.

thanks for offering this.

Al

customreplicator
09-09-2008, 10:43 PM
As promised, the ROCOs group, and detail parts.

We will make the bomb sights for inside the open #215s. They will come in a later group, within the next week or so.

Expect edits to the first groups ( see edit notices ).

Enjoy!

Jim Key

customreplicator
10-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Just a quick update,

We are almost done with the engine parts, and are well into the arms/landing bays.

Atached is the first of series 3, the entire arm plates collection.

Next up, final engine collection, then onto the waist and body.

Jim Key

customreplicator
10-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Preview of the engine side parts.

I will ammend this soon, as to the last remaining additions.

Then onto the front side of the engine and waist/hip area.

Jim Key

customreplicator
10-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Forgot this in the previous line-up, before moving on.

Jim Key

t2sides
10-15-2008, 09:05 PM
WOW!!!!!:alright:

Jim, this is incredible!!! Wish I had the opportunity to get sets of parts like this when I built mine! Those of you that are building, I've received parts and kits from Jim in the past, and let me tell you, his castings are indistinguishable from real parts.

This is just an amazing feat of logistics and parts gathering!!! Great Job Jim!!

Keep the updates coming!

-Sean

customreplicator
10-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Next in the series will be the front engine slope. This is the initial offering.

Also, we have a 24" x 24" section of the Plascore aluminum honeycomb. We will be offering that as well a little later on.

See recently attached images.

Jim Key

customreplicator
11-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Two new previews:

1. The completed and cast bridge ( next to pattern ).
2. The completed and cast rear thruster plate center panel.

Both will be offered as well.

New other parts coming to the engine sections as well, and new updates on the catalog of parts soon.

Jim Key

abledog
11-21-2008, 07:54 PM
These look fantastic! Please pardon my ignorance on this, (I'm not up on this thread), but are these parts meant to replace the old RM kit, or something larger?

Elkybaby
11-21-2008, 10:05 PM
These parts are created for building the six foot filming model, cool huh?:D

abledog
11-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Ah.. now it makes sense. Thanks! I don't have nearly enough room for something that large, but it's very cool to see just how many intrepid folks are out there tackling this mega-beast! :D

customreplicator
12-22-2008, 01:41 AM
Hello fellow Galactica builders,

I have several new parts ( areas ) that we will show after the "holidaze".

In the meantime, I want to express a heartfelt Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to Sean Sides, Sean Corsini, Ryan Comer and Charles Adams ( hope you're feeling better soon ).

Special kudos to Mr. Corsini for gathering up almost half of the parts we needed to complete the Galactica build. We are endebted to his kindness and for his loan of these parts and special mapping assistance.

Lots of great things to show in the New Year.

See you then!

Jim Key

Sean C
12-22-2008, 06:20 AM
That's Dr. Corsini :)

customreplicator
12-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Fellow Galactica builders,

I have asked the mods to remove all the contents of this thread, as I am moving all these items to our website, where they can be enjoyed, without interuption, or distracting commentaries.

Hopefully they will leave this one post up to act as new director towards our website: www.customreplicas.com

If you wish to contact us with questions, comments, or concerns, please use our e-mail: customreplicas@ca.rr.com

Thank you again for your interest and ideas.

Jim Key

customreplicator
03-24-2009, 01:04 AM
New parts coming to this long overdue catalog.

In fact, we nearly have everything now.

In the weeks to come, there will be a lot of pages added to our website page, containing all the parts.

Jim Key

padawan-builder
03-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Jim,
At what point will you start selling the parts? If it has been posted on your site, is it then for sale? How do we determine pricing?
Also, will you be selling any other items besides parts, such as the circuit board for the landing bays?

THX,

Mel

customreplicator
03-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Mel,

I'd prefer to have you contact me privately. Too many malcontents out there listening in.

customreplicas@ca.rr.com

Jim Key

DarthDuck
03-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Mel,

I'd prefer to have you contact me privately. Too many malcontents out there listening in.

customreplicas@ca.rr.com

Jim Key

Wow Jim?

Sorry you feel that way about either members or "guests" here? I haven't posted not because I didn't enjoy seeing your work but simply because I'm not in the market and realize you are in the business.

But whatever "distracting commentaries" you suffered through was merely interaction with your audience and potential clients?

I'm saddened by the way this has turned and I'm not sure if my feelings are "for you" or at face value, "because of you"?

But good luck in your venture and enjoy processing your orders since that appears to be your focus?:confused:

customreplicator
03-28-2009, 09:59 AM
"Darth", and fellow members,

My use of "malcontents" is aimed at a few select parties in particular, and one that has threatened me beyond acceptable limits. It was not aimed at this board in general.

Therefore, I prefer to deal with individual inquiries privately.

As for sharing the build, I'm still in favor of all that, but find it easier to simply point viewers to our website.

Don't be so quick to form an opinion about what my intents are here. I have had to completely start over, scraping a huge investment, and begin anew with a completely new team of outstanding professionals. All of whom have rescued this project from the dumpster.

It seems that no matter how I try to present this project, it continuously comes back at me with misinterpretation.

When Charles and I get the final Galactica going, I can guarantee that presentation will be a showstopper, and one that I sincerely hope will bring the joy back into what I attempted to present here in the first place.

I have an artist coming in this week to further our catalog presentation of what we completed molds on. I can honestly say, that we have nearly all of the parts cast, with the exception of the easily found plastic kits.

It is my intent to show all these parts on our website, so as to keep them all in one place and as part of our ongoing portfolio.

As soon as we complete that, I will give notice here, for anyone interested in looking it over. Then I will entertain inquiries privately at my e-mail address.

No disrepsect intended to Resin Illuminati.

Jim Key

DarthDuck
03-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Jim,
It's just that when you post it here ("negative labels") I'd only expect that it's directed here?

But we enjoy the interaction so I'm glad to hear that wasn't your intent.

Apology appreciated and continued wellwishes for your project!;)

customreplicator
03-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Darth,

Your point is well taken.

I'll strive to reduce the negative labels.

Still reeling from a lot of unnecessary drama, that was brought on by these certain parties.

Updates on the parts to start becoming a new reality in April.

Jim Key

JAWS MODELS
05-30-2009, 02:17 AM
Nice build.

customreplicator
07-18-2009, 03:05 PM
New updates to our parts catalog posted here:

http://www.customreplicas.com/BSG%20Phase1B.htm

Jim Key

JAWS MODELS
07-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Very nice Jim. This is all coming together extremly well. Congratulations again.

customreplicator
05-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Hello everyone,

Jason has been working dilligently to finish up our photographic inventory of Atlantia/Galactica studio scale parts.

As soon as Mark finishes the revised CR website, we will be posting EVERYTHING that we have made thus far over the last two years. Mind you, the actual part inventory count has now passed 800+ individual pieces, many used in multiples, so do the quick math.

Special items of interest will now include our highly detailed and refined rear plate thruster vaults and front/rear landing bay caps/interiors. And of course, the grown mystery coffin parts, which everyone has been looking for many years, and we finally just made them, and they fit perfectly.

I'm going to have Jason photograph a special sneak peak of the landing bay and thruster vaults so we can show them here, as we know several people are in the process of building their own ship.

So stay tuned, as we finally after nearly 3 years, present our complete supplemental kit parts inventory!

Jim Key

The Cat
05-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Thank you. Thank you VERY much :)

Demoriel
05-18-2010, 11:21 AM
As Jim has stated, we have been organizing,sorting,photographing our massive collection of parts. We are also in the process of a complete overhaul of the CR website with new photos of past and current projects over the past 10 years! Some really cool stuff indeed.

I have about 90% of our Nova Class Starship parts numbered and cataloged by sections. This is a good time to be building a studio scale ship,as through the hard work of many people involved, from identifying parts, scrutinizing photos from different restorations, sharing tidbits of information and actual parts,the fabrication of mystery parts, we have made this dream-build into a reality.If your thinking of eventually building your own studio scale ship, or in the process of building one,now is the time to start gathering parts, as what we have in inventory, and the molds we have, will not last forever, and once they burn out, it simply will not be in our best interest to re-create these 425 molds!

In the next few weeks, we will have almost everything cataloged and uploaded on our new website. We here at CR are small group of people,I split my time as allowed between building and filling orders as they come in. The new website will have a new email/contact information specifically to help me keep track of questions. Using our online catalog numbers is the only way i can keep track of everything, so please think in terms of those numbers. PM me here with any questions in the time being, and i'll do my best to respond.

Thanks!

Jason Voss

The photo is just some of the parts catalog drawers.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/atomik7/kitpartsdrawers002-1.jpg

darkimmitator
05-18-2010, 05:51 PM
As a recent recipient of some of Custom Replicas ss battlestar catalog parts ,I can't recomend them enough !!! They are a must have ,for any ss B.S.G. project .They are of the highest quality ,and will not dissapoint .The same quality can be found in the way these parts are Prepared and packaged for shipping ,and shipping is resonable and prompt. I live in Nova Scotia CANADA ,and these Precious parts arrived on the other side of North America completely unscaved ,not even a blemish on the box !! The staff at CR are extremely informative ,Friendly and communicative ( Thanks again Jim,and Jason ,and the rest of the gang ) . Like the words of the dark one himself ....IMPRESSIVE... MOST .IMPRESSIVE !!

customreplicator
05-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Kenny,

Many thanks. Hopefully Phil feels the same...

I simply cannot believe we have over 700 parts. Well it all seems like a blur now after 2 years of work.

More to come in the weeks ahead.

Jim Key

Wombat
05-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Jim,
I think the castings are fantastic that i've purchased from you.There is no question about the quality of the products you have on offer,the are simply stunning.I'm really looking forward to seeing everything you will be offering when you update the site,it s indeed a good time to be building one of these beasties right now.
I look forward to dealing with you in the future for sure!

darkimmitator
05-21-2010, 07:30 AM
And all of B.S.G. enthusiasts are looking forward to the release of those added catalogue parts . I recieved an email from Phil yesterday ,And I assure you that he is extremely pleased with CR's castings ,and like myself , will definately be placing some more orders with you fine folks at CR in the very near future .I have been following the builds of both ,the Atlantia , and the Galactica ,and can't believe it has been two years ago as well . I feel almost as though I helped build them ,even though I just followed your build progress !!! LOL And over 700 casted parts !! Truly an amazing accomplishment!!! Just as amazing as the Quality found in those castings ! I still can't thank you folks enough ,for making the detailing of this difficult project ,that much easier to detail out .

Ken

darkimmitator
05-21-2010, 07:35 AM
:)Oh ,sorry Phil ,I see you are already expressing your enthusiasm over the reciept of CR's castings ! As you were soldier !! LoL:)

customreplicator
05-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Hello again,

Mark may still need week or so to get the site up, but I think I may have Jason shoot the landing bay caps next week, as well as the thruster plate vaults to preview those structural parts. I have been getting a lot of request to show them.

At some point in the distant future, we will probably offer our pattern vault of rare plastic parts for sale too. Just don't know exactly how we will do that. Open to discussion on that subject.

Randy Buckner just sent me 3 complete sets of Landing Bay electronics boards ( revised versions ) and we can get more made, if necessary.

More to follow,

Jim Key

LastBattlestar
05-22-2010, 03:12 AM
I had the pleasure of checking out Phil's CR castings today and I have to say that I am extremely impressed to say the least. The detail and precision is mind-boggling. I can say that the larger pieces like the islands will save the builder a LOT of time. I couldn't imagine creating those parts by yourself any better than these: the ultra-fine pipework, scribing and chips are stunning!

Jim/Jason, who is the person primarily responsible for the fine detailed parts like the islands? That is some seriously clean work.

I'm almost too scared to put any of these parts onto my Galactica as it will show how bad the rest of it is!:eek: But I do need a hell of a lot of small greeblies, so looking forward to seeing the new parts layouts guys.

Mike

Demoriel
05-24-2010, 02:13 PM
The parts were designed in Rhino, with all the lines scribed. Then they were grown, and Mark Buchler and i then added the tiny squares or 'acne" and Mark added most of the kit parts, and then everything was molded. Alot of work, which like you said, saves the builder a lot of time! (They were created with designed vaults underneath and ready for fiber optics as well.)

customreplicator
05-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Fellow builders,

To some degree, we owe a lot of thanks to Charles Adams for actually drawing up those islands and bldgs., then converting them to .stl ( SLA - rapid prototype ), and then off to Solid Concepts to be grown in Polyjet ( vero-blue, high resolution ).

Then as Jason pointed out, both he and Mark Buchler detailed and finalized them as patterns.

Jason pointed out this morning to me, that we have made over 410 molds and have several thousand parts in the master inventory...

...wowee!

More to follow,

Jim Key

Demoriel
05-25-2010, 11:38 AM
There are still some mystery parts on the ship to this date, parts which are so hard to see, or pieced together from bits here-and-there from the original builders, or simply from kits we never got our hands on.

If we didn't have it, or know what it was, we simply fabricated it and molded it. Having said that, between Charles' designed and laser cut parts, our parts catalog of over 800 parts and still counting, build photos and knowledge, i've distilled the master kit list a person would still need to have on hand, in addition to all our huge inventory of parts, to build a ship. Simply put,there are A LOT of parts on this baby! Luckily, the plastic kits needed are easy to get and as follows:

Plastic Kits and quantity reccomended:
Tamiya SDK 222 1/35 x2
Tamiya SDK 232 1/35 x2
Tamiya German 20mm flak 38 SD.AH.51 gun 1/35 x4
Tamiya German 20mm flakvierling SD.AH.52 1/35 x 4
Tamiya Gepard 1/35 at least 1
Tamiya Panther Panzer kampfwagenV 1/35 x4
Tamiya British 25PDR field gun and quad tractor 1/35 x4
Tamiya Brummbar SDKFZ166 1/35 x4
Tamiya 88mm gun flak36/37 1/35 x4
Hasegawa Morser Karl x4
Hasegawa Leopold x4

customreplicator
05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Here is a temporary link to the Galactica inventory page, still yet under construction.

Note that the Landing bays are still being worked out.

http://030cc35.netsolhost.com/partslist.html

Hopefully this will help. Also, Jason is going to put up the Front and Rear Landing Bay resin caps, and associated resin parts soon.

Preview coming.

Jim Key

LastBattlestar
05-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Gentlemen, this is fantastic. When I started building, I would never have dreamed this was possible. I can't imagine what an original kit part-detailed Battlestar would cost, but doing it with your greeblie sets would be 25% of that cost, possibly less in my estimation.

Great work guys!

Mike

Wombat
05-27-2010, 02:00 AM
^
I don't know about the gentleman part:p,but i agree,this is fantastic.

It's really like waving candy in front of a kid to anyone building up one of those beasties!:cool:
As you've seen Mike,the castings are fantastic,so you for one know what you can expect in using any CR castings.They have made life a lot easier for anyone trying to attempt this mamouth build for sure.:-)

Sci Fi Smoker
05-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Holy frack! Those are cool! With stuff like this, I can possibly see my own SS Galactica in the future.:cool:

The Cat
05-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Holy frack! Those are cool! With stuff like this, I can possibly see my own SS Galactica in the future.:cool:

Me too.

And that, my friend, scares the living piss out of me.

LastBattlestar
05-29-2010, 02:09 AM
You cannot resist. Face it. Let it happen.:)

Mike

Snagger
06-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Just out of curiosity, roughly how much does it cost to build one of these SS models with your detail kits, from start to finish? I'll never have the opportunity, but while I can see the dedication of time you guys put in, I can't imagine the cost, given all the kits you need to buy for a single part here, another there...

LastBattlestar
06-02-2010, 05:50 AM
A FULL greeblie kit from CR would be massively cheaper than a total original kit part build, no doubt about it. I have it on good authority that going the model kit way will lighten your wallet at least $10,000, no sweat. Even then, I'm sure a few castings will be needed here and there for the really rare parts. Demoriel listed the easily available kits that are needed to supplement the CR castings, so maybe $400-600 there....

If I was building now, I'd order a complete CR greeblie set, no questions asked. As a wild guess, maybe 3-4K would do it. Spread that over say a 5 year build and it's great value.

The body structure itself can vary wildly in expense. Jim Creveling, myself and others just build it from styrene sheet, maybe some timber/MDF framing which works out pretty cheap. I could build a complete shell for $100 with an aluminium armature, easy. Others go for laser cut and etched plexi bulkheads and panels, with pricey welded armature. I have no idea what that costs, but it wouldn't be pretty...:eek:

It's all about how fussy you are. Generally, they will all look pretty similar from the outside and some of us will have more money left over at the end.:D

Mike

Demoriel
06-04-2010, 11:00 AM
How much and how much time? I think Sean Sides built his SS in 3 years, and spent a heck of a lot of money on it (you can ask him how much) His labor however was obviously free.SS ships are being constructed in different ways based on funds and schools of thought. Some people are using wood, then laminating styrene, like how the old BSG was done. The problem with that is weight, and overtime it tends to come apart. At CR we were originally contracted to build 3 ships, so using original plastic for the entire build was not possible.We had to improvise and mold,fabricate,detail,re-mold parts. So hence we are unique in that we have so many molded parts at our disposal, but once the molds burn out, we won't be remaking them as thus far our SS build projects are done. We also built our ships as lightweight, structurally sound, and easily to maintain as possible.( We cannot have a client call us in 10 years and say his ship is falling apart, etc..) I can tell anyone that if you get a hold of our parts, and Charles laser cut pieces, i believe it will shave 1 year off your build time.

JAWS MODELS
06-07-2010, 03:48 AM
What you guys have done & achieved is fantastic. I know Ive got about $2000 wrapped up in just 5 kits used on this build so the cost of actual parts is quadruple + compared to whats on offer. Will be a shame when those moulds start failing... Im pretty sure I'll be placeing an order ow ten pretty soon ;)

customreplicator
06-15-2010, 10:43 PM
And a Happy Middle of June I wish to all BSG builders.

Here is another preview, designed to really get your mouth watering, as it is the long over due - The Galactica landing bay front caps and rear caps.

We will have the remainder of the landing bay series photos on our "For Resin Illuminati Only" page soon. Jason reminded me today that there are also head and coffin side parts that need to be shown and catalog ( it's never ending... ).

Also,

Anyone wishing to reach us on these parts, needs to by-pass the PM mode here on this board, as I do not check it much at all, and go straight to my e-mail: customreplicas@ca.rr.com, as we are having internet issues at the studio and we ( Jason and I ) can only respond in the morning ( PDT ) and evening.

More to follow,

Jim Key

customreplicator
06-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Oh, I almost forgot,

I have many of the acrylic sections shot and will preview them and what an armature package looks like, as well as the Plasmore honeycomb and revised landing bay electronics.

Here is the honeycomb and electronics. Acrylic sections to follow shortly. All of these will be going up on our inventory page.

More to follow,

Jim Key

customreplicator
06-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Since I'm on a roll,

Here are the Galactica neck, coffin, pyramid and main body acrylic sections as they would be presented.

More to follow,

Jim Key