Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 09-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Banned

talon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of All
Default 1:1000 Enterprise B Aztec Buildup

So while I've been waiting for the decal paper, and in between coating the printed decals I've been working on the next decal set. I'd like to announce that contrary to the thread title, I will be creating decals to be included with Round 2's Akira. JK [sigh] I wish. I got a lot of feedback from everyone and it came down to either the Excelsior or the Enterprise B, and the decision was made by whichever kit got to me first. I got the -B so I quit looking for the excelsior for now but if anyone has one and wants to trade for a complementary set of the decals when they're finished feel free to contact me.

Long story short, these are not even close to finalized. I am going about this set in a different way than the last one. I'm going to be creating the shapes for all the decals in illustrator, just because its much easier to manipulate them later if I need to adjust the fit, and THEN i'll import them into photoshop for the actual aztec work.

So, the colors in the following image have more to do with reminding me what part they go to rather than what color they'll print as. So its not the right color of blue, I know that

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08.jpg (210.7 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by talon; 08-05-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

talon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of Alltalon Overlord Master of All
Default Re: 1:1000 Enterprise B Aztec Buildup

And now its more recognizable as the -B.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Banned

So I've been working on this again this weekend. Not a lot but I got to where I can start the saucer aztec. Here's a sample of the start. I'll update again when I finish the sections.

I'll be taking a break from this in a few days when I get a couple kits in the mail that I'll be doing decals for but when those are finished, and it shouldn't take long, then I'll return to these.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (352.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 AM

thunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati God

Nicely done!

BTW, is this a pic of you working hard on the next set of decals?

Old 10-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Banned

Got some more work done before I had to run some errands for the afternoon.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Banned

I wanted to work on something other than the saucer aztec and so I picked a couple straight forward pieces. The template patterns for the fitted shape had already been done so it was just about detailing them. I also went with using gradients to duplicate the airbrush shading seen on the top of the impulse drives. The image shows both pieces in their final position on the kit... thats all I've got to say about it.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:28 AM

thunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati God

I'm liking that airbrushing effect.

Damn, dude!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:56 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Very cool

~Pete~
Old 08-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Banned

I got sidelined on this project by a couple other larger projects so I'm back at it attempting to get them finished by the end of the weekend.

Last edited by talon; 08-05-2009 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Banned

Here's an update, since the last pic was from yesterday.

Finished up detailing the saucer top section of the aztec, and whats left on the top are the outboard impulse engines, the space between the outboards and the main impulse engines, the impulse reactor section, and the outside ring and a simple bit, the sensor strips.

My goal is to get the saucer top 100% completed today, and move on to the saucer bottom, which is the most complex of the aztecing on the ship. Its got multiple overlays and patterns similar to how they made the nemesis aztecing on the E on the bottom of the saucer. lots of layers on layers.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:35 AM
Banned

Got most of the bottom put together. I still need to add in the patterns in the blue ring and the lower parts of the outboard impulse engines as well as the planetary sensor dome and surround. This saucer is one of the most complicated I've seen, with only the Enterprise E having a more complicated pattern.

I expect to release these this Friday.

As soon as I finish these I'll be immediately jumping into my next project which will be a commission project for a product exclusive to CultTVman: Fine Molds Millenium Falcon Weathering decals and also a PE set to be available separate.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:43 PM
More dangerous than I look!

zysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati Godzysurge Resin Illuminati God

What's the status of these? Also, will they include the registry markings, or will you leave those off so we can build ships other than enterprise?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zysurge View Post
What's the status of these? Also, will they include the registry markings, or will you leave those off so we can build ships other than enterprise?
The registries will be included, but not worked into the aztec like you see in the pics. They'll be on other parts of the sheets and include registries for the Enterprise B and the Lakota. So you can still use them to build other ships too.

I'm waiting on a new order of paper which will arrive on Thursday next week, so they will be available for purchase on Thursday and the first orders will ship out Friday.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:03 AM

chasd25 New face in the crowd

Very nice, I'll need to get a set of these when ready