Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 05-23-2017, 06:04 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1:350 USS Repulse - TOS Heavy Destroyer

Man, you are flying along!!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 05-24-2017, 12:47 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
Man, you are flying along!!
There's no turning back now.

Windows! Too many damn windows. Who designed this stu...

Anyway, the usual:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-11-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:57 AM

Gidiot New face in the crowd

looking sweet as usual! We really need to get your models done up as kits... 1/1000 or 1/1400.... (1/350 pretty darn big for such a fleet...)
Old 05-26-2017, 02:07 PM

MikeZ83 New face in the crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
There's no turning back now.

Windows! Too many damn windows. Who designed this stu...

Anyway, the usual:

Looks great! Do you insert them and then grind them flush?
Old 05-26-2017, 08:23 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeZ83 View Post
And how do you keep them level?
Old 05-27-2017, 10:19 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeZ83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
And how do you keep them level?
Right, these sections of rectangular brass tubing are cut into 1/4" lengths, then inserted into holes I've made using a Dremel, Xacto knife and small square file. CA holds them into place while I hand-file the brass flush to the plastic hull surface. You cannot use a Dremel as this will heat the brass to a point where it starts melting the plastic hull surrounding it.

You can see that I've penciled in level lines for the proper deck height. I made a single window template out of thin plastic that I use to trace the outline of the window. Another slot in the template allows me to see that penciled outline as I move to position the next one and keep the windows at a consistent space apart.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 05-27-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:39 AM
SPACESHIP!

Blappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of AllBlappy Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Right, these sections of rectangular brass tubing are cut into 1/4" lengths, then inserted into holes I've made using a Dremel, Xacto knife and small square file. CA holds them into place while I hand-file the brass flush to the plastic hull surface. You cannot use a Dremel as this will heat the brass to a point where it starts melting the plastic hull surrounding it.

You can see that I've penciled in level lines for the proper deck height. I made a single window template out of thin plastic that I use to trace the outline of the window. Another slot in the template allows me to see that penciled outline as I move to position the next one and keep the windows at a consistent space apart.
So what he's really saying boys is it takes the following. Time, Patience, Ingenuity, Skill, and the willingness to possibly screw yup some in the early going until you perfect your technique.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:40 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blappy View Post
So what he's really saying boys is it takes the following. Time, Patience, Ingenuity, Skill, and the willingness to possibly screw yup some in the early going until you perfect your technique.
Oh, the easy way!!

Old 06-09-2017, 07:32 AM
All ahead full

Repulse was quickly finished last week in a marathon 5-day Bench-Fest. I will not do that again!

Paint mix per Tycho specs: Tamiya XF-19 Sky Gray and Flat white, 3:1 ratio mix.

Catching up with some construction and studio pics, Repulse will return to the Yard for some proper painting, finish work and the addition of missing components.

In Studio:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 08-25-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:32 AM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God

Amazing! If I didn't know better I'd say those were CGI images. Actually they are better than CGI. Always impressed with your work.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."
Old 06-10-2017, 02:53 AM

Revell-Fan will become famous soon enoughRevell-Fan will become famous soon enough

Absolutely fantastic!
Old 06-10-2017, 06:30 AM

Incredible!! The Repulse looks outstanding. If I didn't see the mounting stand I would think this was CG!!
Congratulations on an extremely fine job, and good luck at the 'Fest!

Old 07-03-2017, 08:34 AM
All ahead full

I will have to find a new image hosting site and replace every image in every thread that's been hijacked by Photobucket. This is going to take time.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Old 07-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Humble Aspirant

Quote:
I will have to find a new image hosting site and replace every image in every thread that's been hijacked by Photobucket. This is going to take time.
I can help. Lemme start here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4650.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	72894