Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 03-10-2008, 09:55 PM

Firefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to behold
Default Glaive replica from Krull

I always wanted a replica of this as did my wife Michelle...so I made one, or two, or three... alot of hand painting to make these...
Cheers,
Will
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6738.JPG
Views:	1873
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	6611  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6961.JPG
Views:	1725
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	6613  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6983.JPG
Views:	1485
Size:	986.6 KB
ID:	6615  Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN6964.JPG
Views:	1676
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	6616  
Old 03-10-2008, 11:05 PM

nightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nicenightrider is just really nice

That's awesome!!!, Krull has always been one of my favorite movies, very nice job on that.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:00 AM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

Man, that's fantastic. So glad I'm not the only person who remembers the film too. (Is it my imagination or is it featured in the opening titles of the current South Park???).

Excellent work.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:26 PM

superjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant futuresuperjedi has a brilliant future

Nice job! Krull may not be the greatest fantasy film ever, but it's fun to watch.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:34 PM
Best bang since the big one

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Vey cool. Do the blades actaully retract into it or do you add them on afterwards?
Old 03-12-2008, 04:25 AM

Firefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to behold

Howdy,
I appreciate the compliments gang... While I did make the master pattern with locks , stops and a track for sliding blades properly, I've not got the spider-spring mechanism installed(still in prototype stages), though it seems to spring the blades quite quickly, but it's a one way ticket for the blades, have to push em back into the lock manually. Here lies the problem of a working model. The trouble is that there is no way to really make this blade springing practical in a resin glaive...the glaive would need to be made of metal with stainless steel mechanisms for any kinda of durability...kinda frustrating really as I really wanted to have a spring loaded, working model
Cheers,
Will
Old 03-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Best bang since the big one

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

Still, it's damn cool!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Still, it's damn cool!
AGREED! Very nice Will!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 03-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Ahead of the curve

Scorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of AllScorpius Overlord Master of All

Awesome! Krull rocks!
Old 03-13-2008, 04:26 AM
Nngggghhhh!!!!

Location: Looking for something to fulfill this endless hunger for flesh!
Griffworks has disabled reputation

Fantastic work, William!
Old 03-13-2008, 05:23 AM
I AM YOUR FATHER

vaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant future

Any more just lying around??????????

Scott

Keeping Garage Kits Alive!

Old 03-14-2008, 02:51 PM

Papa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud ofPapa Smurf has much to be proud of

Y'a know, I kinda' liked that Movie, it was a decent flick, very entertaining. That replica is "top-notch" dude, I am VERY impressed with this piece. You have some kind of talent there my man. It's most very likely, superior to the actual "Film-Used" Hero Prop. Nicely done...
Old 03-14-2008, 03:09 PM
N.A.A.F.I.

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

I recall seeing pics of this beastie as a WIP on another forum some time back. The finished article is...well all i can say is it's a thing of beauty and no mistake Will, very nicely done sah!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:27 AM

TridCloudwalker has a spectacular aura aboutTridCloudwalker has a spectacular aura aboutTridCloudwalker has a spectacular aura aboutTridCloudwalker has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox M31 View Post
Howdy,
I appreciate the compliments gang... While I did make the master pattern with locks , stops and a track for sliding blades properly, I've not got the spider-spring mechanism installed(still in prototype stages), though it seems to spring the blades quite quickly, but it's a one way ticket for the blades, have to push em back into the lock manually. Here lies the problem of a working model. The trouble is that there is no way to really make this blade springing practical in a resin glaive...the glaive would need to be made of metal with stainless steel mechanisms for any kinda of durability...kinda frustrating really as I really wanted to have a spring loaded, working model
Cheers,
Will
I'm sure you could take your resin master to a machine shop and have one milled out of aluminum for not too too much money. I can also guarantee there's be at least a few other people here and on the RPF who'd throw money at you to have copies made too.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:47 PM

flynnclu New face in the crowd
Default Re: Glaive replica from Krull

very cool

Last edited by flynnclu; 02-05-2010 at 08:43 PM.