Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 09-23-2013, 03:35 PM

Firefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to behold
Default Seaquest DSV Submarine TV series maquette

Howdy gang, been a while but I think you will like this one!

I've had the original maquette for years now and finally, I have a scanner guy to get er done!...This piece is almost 33 inches long so roughly 1:350 scale....The original idea was to scan this to make the other half and 3d model the rest of the details missing just like the original...so....that's what I'm having done as we speak. I added all the details in vinyl last night to hopefully show as a slightly raised surface on the 3d stl half. This will help post finishing, my 3d model guy will have proper placement of all the details. I'm crossing my fingers this works. The scanner guy said he's got some ideas to help, so maybe with a little bit of luck, this will work great...I'll show pics along the way.... Mark, if you're out there, PM me please

Cheers,
Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL66.jpg (933.0 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Firefox M31; 10-24-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:47 PM

Firefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to beholdFirefox M31 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Seaquest DSV Submarine TV series maquette

I've been working on the mesh pattern lately, trying to get it accurate and also so it will tile properly. This pattern will be added as a 3d texture to the stl model as well as all windows and details. I would like for some of the details to function as well, perhaps opening missile bays and such..... I think the final mesh texture will need to be a bit smaller, but I think this looks pretty good

here's the tile
and here's the application to my rudimentary cad drawing
Attached Images
File Type: png seaQuestskinunstr1.png (384.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg dsvtopmesh_1.jpg (3.08 MB, 51 views)

Last edited by Firefox M31; 09-25-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:34 AM

neoprime New face in the crowd

Very cool! I love the design of the Seaquest, can't wait to see how this turns out.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:30 AM

Bridger is on a distinguished road

This looks great I want one!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:31 PM

been working on it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL6.jpg (222.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL7.jpg (244.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL8.jpg (249.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL9.jpg (231.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL10.jpg (226.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL11.jpg (237.7 KB, 27 views)
Old 10-08-2013, 07:34 PM

Viper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud of

Very nice work! I really miss that show. It had great potential. If you need any seaQuest or UEO logos in hi-res .png send me a message
Old 10-08-2013, 07:40 PM

pm sent
Old 10-09-2013, 02:28 PM

Do you plan to make a kit out of this?
Old 10-09-2013, 08:42 PM

hope to
Old 10-12-2013, 06:47 AM

getting there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL12.jpg (285.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL14.jpg (258.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL16.jpg (248.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL18.jpg (275.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL21.jpg (281.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL24.jpg (335.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 10-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Styrene Addict

Brad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud ofBrad Dillon has much to be proud of

Very cool! I've always liked the look of Seaquest. Look forward to seeing more.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:48 PM

Viper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud ofViper Aviator has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
Do you plan to make a kit out of this?
If you do I will gladly order at least 2 of them
Old 10-12-2013, 07:20 PM

btw, i was able to secure the vector artwork for tha Seaquest DSV logo, now i will be able to make a very nice plaque
Old 10-15-2013, 07:00 AM

She progresses. Boy , I sure am learning an awful lot about this subs' design. One of the biggest finds is her being asymmetrical top to bottom. This makes for some serious challenges to "make things fit", ie the fins. It took lots of watching the episodes to come to the realization that the fins aren't even the same width, the top ones are wider. So you can see in these pics that rear is all but done, finally added the triangles between the fins and got the fins to close to their minimum position, though this was only to get the triangles, normally she has them slightly splayed as will this one. we are finalizing the satellite uplink array "button" now, finishing that up...just a little tweeking and its done as well.

Cheers,
Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Button.jpg (224.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg button base.jpg (234.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL30.jpg (241.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL35.jpg (358.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SEAMODEL41.jpg (415.6 KB, 30 views)
Old 10-16-2013, 04:46 PM

If you continue that way I will buy one and probably more.