Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-22-2012, 12:04 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wild Karrde 1:350 Timeslip Creations

Hi Guys!

after a lil break from modeling a had the desire to build and paint a model so hereīs my Version of the "Wild Karrde". Itīs still in work so some updates will follow.

Last edited by Hackcore; 10-22-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Wild Karrde 1:350 Timeslip Creations

The weathering looks sensational Stefan!

Mike
Old 10-22-2012, 01:53 AM

Beork is on a distinguished road

Excellent! very nice weathering, this thing has been through hell and back.

What universe is it from? I'm not good at recognizing any ships from any scifi movie :S
Old 10-22-2012, 05:56 AM

Joseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to allJoseph C. Brown is a name known to all

Data on the ship is here:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wild_Karrde

It's from the post-Return of the Jedi period, covered in various novels.

Gorgeous work on that ship!
Old 10-22-2012, 07:39 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

THAT is how you weather a model!

I can't say enough about MIG pigments! Amazing job Stephan!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:57 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone! Yes the Wild Karrde made her first Appearance in "Heir to the Empire". Not a Beauty but the perfect reason to get nuts with Pigments.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:32 AM

Boonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to behold

Now that is a masterclass in weathering!!!! Amazing - got to get me some of those MIG pigments dude!!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

That is really cool! Is this a kit? I've not built a model in 4 years so outta the loop on this stuff.

~Pete~
Old 10-23-2012, 08:45 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonblade View Post
Now that is a masterclass in weathering!!!! Amazing - got to get me some of those MIG pigments dude!!
That's why I made it a sticky.

Don't want this one getting lost in the shuffle.......

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 10-23-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonblade View Post
LOL Iīve never tried to shoot a MIG washing through my airbrush but it worked pretty well. But the best effect are the grime streaks and thatīs just normal pastel chalks applied with an hard brush. Try it! It makes so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
That is really cool! Is this a kit? I've not built a model in 4 years so outta the loop on this stuff.
Yes itīs a kit that is available in the SSM Store and itīs pretty quick built.
http://www.starshipmodeler.biz/shop/...ild-karrde.cfm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
That's why I made it a sticky.

Don't want this one getting lost in the shuffle.......
Thanks mate! My first sticky on this site! You make me proud!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:46 PM
My ass is itchy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackcore View Post
Thanks mate! My first sticky on this site! You make me proud!
You make us proud by showing up here and sharing.

There's almost every aspect of weathering here, and it can be applied to any subject.

And honestly----I can't stand the subject----it's a fine cast and all, but just not my cup of tea. Until now. NOW it's interesting!

Just goes to show ya.......

Old 10-24-2012, 08:59 AM
So Say We All

SpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of All

Incredible weathering! WOW! Good job!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:48 AM

Friends! Hereīs another update:

Hereīs the bottom of the hull.

Hereīs the slightly lit bridge. I hope you can see the 1:350 figures in there. Sorry for the bad phonepics.

And here are the lit engines. Red looks pretty cool 8)

Almost there but i still have to make the display base.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:34 PM

yuumi2891103 is a splendid one to beholdyuumi2891103 is a splendid one to beholdyuumi2891103 is a splendid one to beholdyuumi2891103 is a splendid one to beholdyuumi2891103 is a splendid one to beholdyuumi2891103 is a splendid one to beholdyuumi2891103 is a splendid one to beholdyuumi2891103 is a splendid one to beholdyuumi2891103 is a splendid one to beholdyuumi2891103 is a splendid one to beholdyuumi2891103 is a splendid one to behold

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
I want 1/100 of your build and paint skill.

katsu
Old 11-19-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuumi2891103 View Post
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
I want 1/100 of your build and paint skill.

katsu
Thanks! Yeah the Wild Karrde would be a nice subject for an scratchbuild. Pretty easy design without any difficult curves.

Last edited by Hackcore; 11-19-2012 at 12:08 AM.