Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > CGI, Costumes, Props and Artwork > Costumes and Props

Costumes and Props Costumes, Prosthetics, Props, and Makeup

Old 01-31-2008, 06:34 AM
Hmmm

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default 23rd Century Pistol (aka Phaser II)

I did this one a couple years back. It's a 23C that Idid some mods on...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dianep10.jpg (89.3 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg Dianep9.jpg (61.1 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg Dianep7.jpg (106.0 KB, 115 views)
Old 01-31-2008, 10:54 AM

Admiral Nogura is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
I did this one a couple years back. It's a 23C that Idid some mods on...
Did some mods on? Doesn't even look like the original kit at all! Beautiful piece of work tho.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
Hmmm

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Greetings, Admiral! Nice to see you over here!

Many thanks, BTW!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
I AM YOUR FATHER

vaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant future

I have that kit. Have not touched it yet, but do have the metal parts for the modifications. How long did it take you to put it together?

Scott

Keeping Garage Kits Alive!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Hmmm

Not too awfully long - the biggest thing was reshaping the plastic.

I have some WIP pics if you're interested.... PLMK
Old 01-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Hmmm

I've sat here for five minutes trying to think of a reply, Mech. I can't do it so I'll just sit here and keep laughing!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I AM YOUR FATHER

vaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Not too awfully long - the biggest thing was reshaping the plastic.

I have some WIP pics if you're interested.... PLMK
I would love to see some WIP pictures. It may inspire me to tackle this kit.

Scott

Keeping Garage Kits Alive!

Old 01-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Hmmm

Here's what I have on her....

One of the pics shows the stock contours. I lowered the P1 cradle ~ the thickness of the molded-on rib and reshaped the trigger box. I gave the handle a bit more rearward rake. I added a little height to the forehead - the white plastic is .125" thick.

After I did all the sanding, I filleted the P2 body. I started scribing and scribing and scribing until it came apart.

The rising site and force plexi came from Ron Shanko. I used those little spring-loaded rods in watch bands to mount them in the P1 body.

The P1's innards - I based them on internal pics of Greg Jein's hero prop. Mostly brass pieces cobbled together.

Rear fins were made by JTK a few years back and were all the rage at the time - this pic is of them compared to the stock 23C fins.

Nozzle is by JTK too.

Side knob was made by a really great guy over on ASAP - ZGreg Moss (Propgeek). I've never seen any more of these - they're by far the best ones I have ever seen. Shiny and jewel-like. Sadly, Mr. Moss passed away a while back.

Handle is a cast aluminum and brass item by Rylo. Its weight adds a nice balance, plus it's a bit beefier and more accurate than the stock handle.

Vaderman, you are a real Craftsman so these mods will be simple to you... but for me an easier route is to mod Art Asylums.... but a few years back, the 23C was the only game in town
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dianep6.jpg (73.5 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg P1guts.jpg (53.4 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg P2-1.jpg (120.2 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg P2-2.jpg (234.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg P2-3.jpg (103.5 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg P2contours.jpg (124.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg P2guts.jpg (62.5 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg p21.jpg (43.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg JTKfins.jpg (43.7 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg Fieldstripped.jpg (81.6 KB, 103 views)
Old 02-01-2008, 08:30 AM

RonH is a glorious beacon of lightRonH is a glorious beacon of lightRonH is a glorious beacon of lightRonH is a glorious beacon of lightRonH is a glorious beacon of lightRonH is a glorious beacon of lightRonH is a glorious beacon of lightRonH is a glorious beacon of lightRonH is a glorious beacon of lightRonH is a glorious beacon of lightRonH is a glorious beacon of light

I have one of these and would love to see a build thread.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Hmmm

Hey Ron, I wsh I could help yo out with that, but these are the only pics I have. That was the first phaser I built and reaaaly regret not taking more pics.

Check my site - www.usscassiopeia.com - the best I have is a how-to on rebuilding Art Asylums.