Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 01-04-2017, 05:03 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Hood Class Battlecruiser

You should green-scene that and put it into a Starfleet Shipyard!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 01-05-2017, 12:08 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

I knew we were going to have another winner on our hands with this design!
Slick work Bill, very slick sah

I love the inset work on the secondary hull, I know some have made the comparison to 50's/60's car body work. To me it's that (which is no bad thing) with a splash of art deco tossed in to the mix.
It worketh a good 'un from my perspective, let the originality roll on
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 01-06-2017, 07:09 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Outstanding! That last shot is really something..
We're getting close to some better photo ops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberious View Post
I'll second that! She coming along nicely. Those windows look extra sharp.

That looks like a lot of fun!
It has been fun as a sort of 'quickie' conversion build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Love it, and that final "shipyard" shot is really something...
Quote:
You should green-scene that and put it into a Starfleet Shipyard!
Thanks! I know I will have plenty of opportunities to composite a few construction shots inside Tycho soon, once the hull starts to solidify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
I knew we were going to have another winner on our hands with this design!
Slick work Bill, very slick sah

I love the inset work on the secondary hull, I know some have made the comparison to 50's/60's car body work. To me it's that (which is no bad thing) with a splash of art deco tossed in to the mix.
It worketh a good 'un from my perspective, let the originality roll on
Thank you sir. Something borrowed, something new... I know something blue is on it's way.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:23 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Exciting update from Laserfire Creations as the Hood Builder Plaque emerges from their magic machinery:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-25-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:56 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Spectacular!

Typical Matt Davis.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

That is a great looking plaque.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:40 PM
All ahead full

The plaques have arrived. Black granite bases are on order. (I think. Not sure the guy I talked to on the phone was 100% legit but if they show up, I'll be pleasantly surprised)

Lots of wiring and soldering happened over the weekend. The starboard half of the secondary was permanently affixed to the dorsal and frame, cabin lighting installed and navigation LEDs inserted and glued into position.

Hangar observation window got the brass/acrylic treatment. a single 3mm flattop LED lights this window plus the overhead aft dome.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-25-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:44 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Great looking plaques. Tycho Yard was busy that year!

Old 01-17-2017, 08:40 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Indeed. Great work!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:52 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Love it, especially the "rainbow ribbon" method of wiring.

Can't wait to see the next installment-

Old 01-23-2017, 11:48 AM
All ahead full

Work continues on at Tycho as the phaser turrets are mounted to the primary hull.

A large part of the weekend involved the wiring and LED installation of the upper primary and command deck. A new 30 gauge silicone insulated wire was used, it's very flexible and easy to strip and solder. I'm sold!

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-25-2017 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Imperial

You sir are my hero... Damn. Awesome as always.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:40 PM

That looks so cool all lit!

Old 01-24-2017, 10:00 AM
All ahead full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
You sir are my hero... Damn. Awesome as always.
Quote:
That looks so cool all lit!
Thank you guys!
Old 01-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Those last two pics look like the Ent-D hiding in the Paulson Nebula in Best Of Both Worlds-- ethereal and inspiring!