Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 04-07-2017, 09:35 AM
A Poor Widow's Son

137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold137th Gebirg is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 1:350 TOS Hood Class Battlecruiser

Beautiful work as always! Your attention to detail is inspiring.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:26 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Gorgeous. How many hours of work is that?
Old 04-07-2017, 11:33 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
Gorgeous. How many hours of work is that?
For the entire build or just the pre-shade painting? The build has been ongoing since last September but the pre-shade only took an hour or so to apply and another to fade back.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Oh, sorry - I meant "how long to do the preshading".

Old 04-10-2017, 03:29 PM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud ofAdmiralBuck has much to be proud of

Painting continued throughout the weekend on registries, pennants, rings, stripes and lower hull geometrics. The 1703 vinyl stencils were made by Aztek Dummy and work beautifully. The primary hull "reverse rust ring" mask was cut from a 14x14" block of masking tape laid in a grid on a sheet of glass and cut by hand.

We're in the final laps here as painting is just about done. Dish and front shroud require Alclad metallic paints as will the end caps when they get here. Front bussard work remains with engineering and lighting to accomplish.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-26-2017 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:08 PM

TREK COLLECTOR is just really niceTREK COLLECTOR is just really niceTREK COLLECTOR is just really niceTREK COLLECTOR is just really niceTREK COLLECTOR is just really niceTREK COLLECTOR is just really niceTREK COLLECTOR is just really niceTREK COLLECTOR is just really niceTREK COLLECTOR is just really nice

WOW
Old 04-11-2017, 01:43 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Couldn't possibly be better. Fantastic work sir...
Old 04-11-2017, 03:48 AM
Humble Aspirant

I will admit without shame-- I actually gasped at the first photo of her after the tape was removed. Name, rust ring, pennants-- wow, stellar job.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:40 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
I will admit without shame-- I actually gasped at the first photo of her after the tape was removed. Name, rust ring, pennants-- wow, stellar job.
You are not alone there!

Beautiful work being done. I am in awe of your growing fleet and the Hood is a great addition. I love the lights too, especially the front saucer. Those two spots cover the name and the registry in one go, and with a nice break in between. Very nice!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 04-11-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:11 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

As all above have said and...
I am just shaking my head at the very high level of craftsmanship.
Now she's got her colours on and the lighting...that is just fuckin' beautiful.

I'll be honest that most of the time with few exceptions, I see differing Starship conversions from the norm and they are just things to me. The 'exceptions' I hasten to add are usually found on this board

Not knocking the builder or the amount of work that goes in to them but a lot of the time, the words 'nicely done but uninspiring' spring to mind.

Quite the opposite with your builds Bill, they work both in design, detail and overall. It's a rare thing and a bloody pleasure to see
I salute you sir!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 04-12-2017, 07:38 PM
All ahead full

Thank you all for your kind words and support! This truly is one of the finest forums in this hobby. I've certainly learned from and have been greatly inspired by the endeavors of everyone here. I am honored to be in your company. There is always much more to experiment and challenge myself with so the goal for me is simply to never be satisfied.

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 04-12-2017 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:14 AM
All ahead full

Minor update from this weekend's paint session, the primary sensor bands and Tycho stripe were masked and sprayed on the hull as well as the landing legs:

I also put the 1:350 Archer-class Tauriel in the paint both after some impulse deck work and a coat of primer, and a layer of pre-shade and several gray shades and a gloss coat and a pass of oil wash weathering... and well, here she is:

Last edited by AdmiralBuck; 07-25-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:48 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Sweet! Full speed ahead...
Old 04-17-2017, 04:21 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Nice subtle coloring. I like the blue on the neck.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 04-17-2017, 06:16 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Can't wait to see her in person Bill.

The devil is in the details......

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!