Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > Wonderfest, Past, Present, and Future!

Old 07-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Blockhead

Jades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really nice
Default JDH Wonderfest 2008 - PIC INTENSE

Man I had a blast this year. It was really great getting to meet and hang out with so many people from the boards. Gene Kazinski's panel on Battlestar Galactica was amazing.

The best part for me though was about ten of us huddled around Gene's laptop looking at images from Blade Runner and Star Trek TMP. Listening to Gene and Rick Sternbach tell stories was what made the trip for me.

It was amazing hearing Rick talk about working on ST The Motion Picture and seeing some of Gene's images that are not out there publicly was mind blowing. Thanks Gene

Roomed with Jason again this year and helping Jeff and Kip work their table was a blast as well.

Kip and I were standing there at the table and Gary Lockwood from 2001 stopped and liked my "Raiders" shirt that Jason made and stood there for ten minutes just BSing with Kip and me. He loved Jason's Blade Runner posters and said that BR was his favorite sci fi movie.

He was a really nice and down to earth guy so I came out from behind the table and Kip took a picture of us. Super nice guy.

So much more to tell from the disaster of a room Jason and I had to the drama of Michael Miles and KTM being at the show.

On to pics:

Jason playing his crack cocaine addiction super monkey ball on the itouch

Setting up the RagTag

Ryan (Belleauwood) Setting up Sean's Colonial Movers

Jason's Capricom - Thing is huge in person

Jeff (jtGraphics) and Kip's (Wolvster) Booth getting set up

Me and the Raiders Shirt that Jason made

Gene (GKvfx) and Jason

Gene and Scott (Captain Cardboard) putting together the 12 Ft Discovery

Sean (T2Sides) and the TOS Studio Scale Galactica

Discovery assembled and set up (This thing was huge)

George (saintg) Kip (Wolvster) and Jason

Georges awesome raider eye in action

Sean and the Big G getting unloaded and set up

Kip looking amazed

Cylon Centurian

Jason

Really nice Radio Controlled R2-D2

Punk Imperial Chick

Contest Models

Jason's Awesome Escape Pod

Old 07-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Blockhead

Jades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really niceJades Dark Heart is just really nice
Default Re: JDH Wonderfest 2008 - PIC INTENSE

REL's BOP built by unknown

RagTag Ship Fleet

Sean's Awesome Pod Display - Pictures do not do it justice

Gary Lockwood and I (Super Nice guy)

Rob (Carson Dyle) and Scott (Captain Cardboard)

Jeff, Sean and Kip

Gene and Ryan

Group Shot without me in it (Including Rick Sternbach)

Sean and me with the Big G

Ryan and Me with the Big G

Old 07-21-2008, 08:43 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

So...
That's what you look like.It's nice to finally see the
faces that go with the on-screen monikers!

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Thanks for the photos.Any info on any potential new releases?
Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Cool, I hope I can get out there for WF09

~Pete~
Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

Thanks for the pics man! Looks like you fellas had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to next year already!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: JDH Wonderfest 2008 - PIC INTENSE

Great snaps! That godzilla one with the fire is great!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:04 AM

snag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to all

Great Pics, Thanks. Thre's some fantastics looking stuff there.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Blockhead

Thanks guys I had a really great time. Sean's TOS Galactica stole the show IMHO.

I got to help him set it up and man it is beautiful.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:27 AM

RKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond reputeRKW has a reputation beyond repute

Well firstly talk about double D for deathstar regarding the Imperial chick!

Lots of great looking models on display and the Big G looks fantastic. Did it get much attention as from the photos it looks like the whole rag tag fleet section was getting ignored?

I though the wormhole display for the Farscape shuttle looked pretty snazzy aswell as that 2001 pod display.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Blockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKW View Post
Well firstly talk about double D for deathstar regarding the Imperial chick!

Lots of great looking models on display and the Big G looks fantastic. Did it get much attention as from the photos it looks like the whole rag tag fleet section was getting ignored?

I though the wormhole display for the Farscape shuttle looked pretty snazzy aswell as that 2001 pod display.
OK The imperial officer chick had enormous..... well you get the picture. She was there on Sunday too in normal clothes, tight tank top, and had a face full of hardware. Apparently she removed her piercings for the 501st thing on Saturday.

The rag tag section was very popular. I had a dealer pass as I was helping out at a table, so I took pictures when the room was closed to the general public. Got better pics and closer shots that way. You couldnt get near it when the show opened up people were ohhing and ahhing over the Big G

The Fascape1 module was one of my favorites as well and it was presented really well with the wormhole diarama behind it. Looked really good in person

G
Old 07-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Very kewel pics! MUCH better than mine! Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun.

Good meetin' you and Jason, as well as finally meeting Scott Alexander and then seeing Kip and Jeffrey again.

Lookin' forward to next year!

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!

Last edited by Griffworks; 07-21-2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: CORRECT SPELLING ERRORS!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

All I'm going to say is that no matter how good the pictures are of the Galactica and the Discovery........ they just can't do it as much justice as being a few inches away from them.

Those two models are probably the most incredible builds I have EVER seen.......

You guys should be very proud of the job you did with those. I salute you.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Great post,sound's like it was a blast!
Thanks for all the great pic's as well!!

Phil
Old 07-21-2008, 03:43 PM
impartial cow

very nice work! I assume that Galactica is yours?

and...

WHO is this?

(The babe on the left)

Last edited by impartial cow; 07-21-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All

Man, get a load of those Wampa's!