Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 05-20-2008, 09:00 PM
I AM YOUR FATHER

vaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
I could build the components for the shuttlebay & control room for casting, the bay would be easyer to build for lighting with clear castings. I have been tossing the idea around in my head for this very task, I got the basics figured already.
PM me so we can talk.

Scott

Keeping Garage Kits Alive!

Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 PM

Darthsideous is a jewel in the roughDarthsideous is a jewel in the roughDarthsideous is a jewel in the roughDarthsideous is a jewel in the roughDarthsideous is a jewel in the roughDarthsideous is a jewel in the roughDarthsideous is a jewel in the rough

I have been anxiously waiting Scott's 1/350 kits for some time so this is great news. I have also wanted to do one of these stargazers with a large open shuttlebay so this is really great news! I like the idea of the original motion picture bay because you can squeeze more shuttles into it. But I'd be happy with a kit with any shuttlebay with clear parts for lighting!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I AM YOUR FATHER

vaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant futurevaderman1701 has a brilliant future

I will be chatting with M.C. this weekend and will let everyone know what the outcome is. So far it looks good.

Scott

Old 05-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up KIT THE BEASTIE!!!

I missed this one!

I look forward to viewing and hearing more progress of this beastie project Scott!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 05-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I AM YOUR FATHER

I got the top of the saucer clayed up last night. I will be pouring the jacket mold for it on Sunday. I am making a cavity mold. From this I will make a copy of the master to be used to produce a negative (Female) vacuform mold. If this is successful, I will move to the lower saucer. The other detail parts have been molded or are in the process of being molded as we speak.

In addition, I spoke to Mr. Canoehead and he has agreed to work on a shuttlebay masters for this model (I know I still owe you measurements). I am very excited to see this project moving forward after many delays. Keep your fingers crossed that things go well.

Scott

Old 05-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Styreene Soldier

Mr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of light

My plan for the Shuttlebay is making 2 versions much like the refit has 2 versions, a version modeled after the motion picture and of course one modeled after the 1701-A. One thought I've been chewing over is that the Stargazer (Constellation Class) has multiple shuttlebays around the saucer but from the references I've seen online (so far) I'm not sure if they are all connected or not. At this point I has planning on just the one bay; the front one being open for viewing but if anyone out there has any definitive info on this your info would be appreciated.

The attachments are some info I got on both versions but what would be great is a top cutaway view of the cargo/shuttlebay deck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cutaway-stargazer.jpg (159.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg wip75[1].jpg (37.9 KB, 95 views)

Old 05-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Keeper Of All Knowledge

Thomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant future

According to many accounts, this class of ship went into service in the early 2290s, so probably the Ent-A style landing bay would be more appropriate.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Yeah... I'm the Fat Guy

Voyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of AllVoyager-74656 Overlord Master of All

HOLY SHIT BATMAN....

How did I miss 3 pages of this ??

She looks great Scott...

I disagree.

I believe that a mans destiny is predetermined.

He just needs to be able to recognize the right path of the many he will face to be able to achieve that destiny
Old 06-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Looks good, Scott. I think having a forward hangar bay will really enhance the kit, as well.

Its advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you dont know!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I AM YOUR FATHER

Thanks for the compliments guys. I can't take all of the credit. This has been worked on by 3 (4 now if you count Mr. Canoehead who will be doing the shuttlebay), myself, Rhett (Hotshot), and my friend Charlie (Crashmann on the TK560.com message boards).

The good news is we got the jacket completed today and poured the cavity mold for the upper saucer. We are going to do a brush-on approach for the lower saucer. We are experimenting with different techniques to see which works best for future projects. I will be stopping by Charlie's on Thursday to see how the cavity mold turned out. From their we will create a second casting to be use to produce the negative vacuform mold. She is a huge sucker. The saucer section is as big if not bigger than the 1/650 Enterprise-E kit. I can not wait to start pulling her.

Scott

Old 06-01-2008, 05:03 PM
I AM YOUR FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas E. Johnson View Post
According to many accounts, this class of ship went into service in the early 2290s, so probably the Ent-A style landing bay would be more appropriate.

You are probably right, but we will let the builders decide which they prefer to build for it.

Scott

Old 06-03-2008, 07:02 AM
...By the power of Grayskull

Raist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati God

Awesome news Scott!!

Mr. Canoe head has created one of the BEST shuttle bays in my humble opinion for the E-A. Of which I have tried relentlessly to get him to build me one for my refit...wink wink....hint....hint....

Although MC has been gracious enough to send me his measurements so that I may try my hand at scratch building.

With MC on the team Scott, this is going to ROCK

Old 06-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Styreene Soldier

Mr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Canoehead is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Raist3001;47749]Of which I have tried relentlessly to get him to build me one for my refit...wink wink....hint....hint....[QUOTE]

Who knows Raist after I finish moving to a larger living space at the end of the month and with what I know about casting now I may be able to offer this as a kit. The only thing I wanna practice working with is clear casting resin, not sure how much different clear resin is compared to the regular stuff.

1st things 1st though I am excited to get going on this Constellation bay, after a bit more thought chewing I figured if I could set the walls up to be easely reprouced then there would be no limit to how many bays could be exposed around the saucer, I will be making both varients... TMP & the 1701-A

Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 PM
...By the power of Grayskull

Raist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canoehead View Post
Who knows Raist after I finish moving to a larger living space at the end of the month and with what I know about casting now I may be able to offer this as a kit.
Very cool. Hopefully that will come to pass. I have no problem creating the walls per your measurements. I just for some reason am finding it very difficult to create the wrap around protruding wall with the windows.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Keeper Of All Knowledge

Thomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant futureThomas E. Johnson has a brilliant future

This will be so cool!