Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Finished Sci-Fi and Fantasy projects

Old 11-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
I Know you said not to ask but is there any way you can figure out the color mixture for that? I've got a FM T.I.E. Interceptor that needs paint bad! Or at least what colors you used? I could probably figure out the mixture myself if I just knew what colors worked the best together.
I used an aquamarine blue and a medium gray plus a little dark blue gray. Thing is I just mix by eye. Find you a color off the shelf that's similar in tone to the color you desire and then think about what you can add to it to either brighten it up or tone it down to match what you want to see.

I don't know the mix ratios because I kept adding gray to the batch until I was satisfied with the results. Thinning ratio was about 2 parts paint to 1 part water.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

My favorite color to use, which i did use on the tie fighter and the AT-AT is Krylon pewtergray gloss, and after weathering, i then just sprayed with Testors dull cote.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

The main reason I use acrylics is they're low odor. Rattle-can paints and especially Testors... knocks me flat. Even with an exhausted paint booth and breathing gear.

I also get great results airbrushing custom colors and you can't beat the cost. I get my acrylics at Wal Mart. They lay on nice and are tough as nails when cured.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:24 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Just curious what paints are you using ? The only ones i've seen at Wally World are testors acrylics and enamels

~Pete~
Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagis View Post
Just curious what paints are you using ? The only ones i've seen at Wally World are testors acrylics and enamels
Go to the CRAFT section. Look for the Apple Barrel or similar line of paints.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
When I finally get my airbrush set up, I will look these up. Then you'll have to instruct me futher. (nooobie)
Thin 'em two to one paint to thinner ( water or isopropyl alcohol ) and for God's sake, strain that mix thru some mesh BEFORE you try to shoot it or you'll have globs of crud foul your brush!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:19 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of Time View Post
Thin 'em two to one paint to thinner ( water or isopropyl alcohol ) and for God's sake, strain that mix thru some mesh BEFORE you try to shoot it or you'll have globs of crud foul your brush!
Good to know thanks!!

~Pete~
Old 11-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Goldmember

Also, also also...

When mixing colors in acrylic, be sure to mix them slightly lighter than the final color you're aiming for. Acrylics darken a shade when dry.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

Just like house paint.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Goldmember

Just like house paint...

95% done with TIE 1. As you can see the color varies widely depending on where the camera is in relation to the subject and how the exposure is set. Like I said... a tricky color to pin down!

All that's left now is fine tuning with this one. The wings will align better once Kurt secures them.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 AM

3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold

I was looking in the chronicles book Bob I think you nailed it, fantastic job on the bucket head fighter!!!

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-29-2007, 07:01 AM

Okay another paint question, what gray did you use on the cockpit frame?

~Pete~
Old 11-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Goldmember

Mike! Thanks!

Peagis, that gray is the Plasticote primer. I've since darkened it slightly by mixing Apple Barrel Dolphin Gray with some flat black and reshooting those pieces. The original gray was photographing a little light and wasn't contrasting with the body color enough.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Fantastic man.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of Time View Post
Mike! Thanks!

Peagis, that gray is the Plasticote primer. I've since darkened it slightly by mixing Apple Barrel Dolphin Gray with some flat black and reshooting those pieces. The original gray was photographing a little light and wasn't contrasting with the body color enough.
Thanks!

~Pete~