Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-18-2020, 09:40 PM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice
Default Re: Space 1999 44" Eagle Transporter

Really nice design work. Love your modifications instead of the classic greeblies.

TazMan2000
Old 06-20-2020, 10:25 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

What Bill said.
And inspirational as always.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 06-22-2020, 11:54 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBuck View Post
Oh my. Jaw-dropping every time I see it. I love the thruster inserts, is that your design? Lovely.
Coming from yaself Bill, a real compliment sah! I just decided to go with the ignition plates as a quick and easy way to cover the bolt heads but it works. I based the design on real world examples of course but while pushing the polygons about, just decided to give it a swirl shape if that's the right term, because why not

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazMan2000 View Post
Really nice design work. Love your modifications instead of the classic greeblies.

TazMan2000
Thanks Taz. One of those things that just really adds to an excellent design and the man is well happy with the goings on so high fives all round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
What Bill said.
And inspirational as always.....
I thank ya old friend!
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 06-24-2020, 06:37 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Great work on the inserts, and I like the pattern of the engine bell grills.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 11-15-2020, 02:18 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Thanks T, they do add something do they not

Well a few bits more sorted!
Passenger pod ends all cleaned up and looking none too shabby methinks.

The inevitable and muchly required primer coat.

Main paint pretty much the same paneling deal as the rescure pod. Decals, weathering, pencil lining and the well used pod look done.

Door lighting look see.

Command module interior sorted out and lighting fitted.

Shapeways pilots with my own clear tinted visors and DIY decals. The suits appear very red in the pics, that's just my camera that doesn't like red colours or lights.

3D printed seats done and all in place.

All buttoned up, painted, decaled, weathered and rear frame attached. Calling this bit done.

Lighting check of course.

The always popular head on shot.

Cruciform frame painted, weathered, decaled. Small tanks likewise then fitted and piping installed.

Large tanks dealt with and engine bells fitted.

The engine bells got a little bit of a polish up and a light airbrush of Alclad pale burned metal on the bottom edge.

Insides had the baffle thingies fitted and the lot dirtied up.

Lighting check.

Just the side pods to sort and then bring all the bits together.
More later!
Does that count?
Old 11-15-2020, 07:29 AM

TazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really niceTazMan2000 is just really nice

OMG. That is great painting.

TazMan2000
Old 11-16-2020, 02:30 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Cheers Taz, it's coming together mate
Does that count?
Old 11-19-2020, 05:54 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That painting is outstanding! Really like the pilots and that you made their face shields. They look really good in there.

Old 11-20-2020, 03:00 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks T. Just a result of thier printing process that the visors weren't clear and I almost instantly had the 'That will not do' thought and got stuck in. This will be the last brass frame 44" Eagle i'll ever do so may as well go as all out as possible.
Does that count?
Old 11-20-2020, 06:34 AM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Great attention to detail!
Old 11-26-2020, 01:28 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Thanks Scott, trying my best mate.
Does that count?
Old 02-27-2021, 12:30 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Right, it's a done thing now so final deatils time.
In short order then...

Side pods all sanded, plating and details both studio accurate and not slapped on, then primer time!

Multi panel grey and white paint done, loads of DIY waterslide decals placed.
Pencil panel lining a bit of black paint and weathering done.

Laminated carbon fiber crossbeam with some epoxy glue got hammered in to one of the side pods.

Cage frame detail parts got brought out of hiding, fited then the pod and beam shoved through and the opposite side pod in place.

Back end treated likewise.

Engine section wired up and fitted in place.

Wiring fed through the tubes along the spine to the front end.

Underside VTOL engine bells sorted out.

Door facia fitted on the rear.

Command module wired up and fitted.

Push switch installed in the top greeblie infested area, battery holder also sorted.

Had top do a bit of rework on the supplied landing gear as it just went all the way to the bottom stops. The springs were just not strong enough to hold it up.

Drilled and tapped a hole, ran in a 30mm long bolt with some epoxy and that was the bottom stop set up as required.

Gear legs all painted and weatherd where required and done.

Now standing on her own four legs.

RCS thruster quads assembled and in place, battery cover likewise.

For the main event, that's pretty much that!

Had to have an all pods photo call as one does.
Passenger pod

Rescue pod

Nuclear waste pod

Well it's been a long and trying build at times but the finished article is worth it, that's the lot untill I can get a gallery shoot done proper...or as proper as I can do.
All the best folks and folkettes!
Does that count?
Old 02-27-2021, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Space 1999 44" Eagle Transporter *DONE*

Fantastic pod! Love the springy legs. Looks pretty delicate without the pods though.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:58 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Absolutely herculean build -- great work, and great post!

-SF
Old 02-27-2021, 11:01 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

incredible work again Ian