Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 02-28-2014, 04:19 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Re: Runabout landing pad and bay

Yep, 12 AA's. I have been using 8 in my usual starship builds. I wire the battery clips in parallel so I get double the run time. Since the whole project will have around 30 LED's in it when it's done 12 batteries will give me triple the run time...at least that's the theory
Old 02-28-2014, 04:35 AM
Enhanced Member

mar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of All

Looking very nice Scott. The interior detailing is really fantastic. Can't wait to see it all wrapped up.

When I want an opinion from you, I'll read it in your entrails.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

I'm looking for a color that comes close to the grey/brown of the interiors of DS9. this is what I found. It's called London Gray. What do you guys think? Too brown?

Old 03-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Lurker

I had a slow day today, so I designed this to go on top of the battery box.

Just something fun to add to the display
Old 03-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Lurker

At my IPMS meeting on Friday one of the guys asked me how the runabout got in the big box it was sitting on. So after that and on the advice of Duncan, I cut the elevator from the top of the bay.

My plan now is to place the Runabout on the elevator lust about !/2 inch from the surface. So there is now doubt how the Runabout and the bay work in relation to one another.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:56 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Yes!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Lurker

I continued work on detailing the inside of the bay. I have the balcony built. I added the Cardassian detail along the railing. I also made some detail for the column. I am inching towards having the bay ready for paint.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:05 AM
Lurker

I went through 1 1/2 cans of primer, but the bay is now ready for paint. I hope to get some applied over the weekend.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:47 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekmanscott, M,Ed. View Post
I went through 1 1/2 cans of primer, but the bay is now ready for paint. I hope to get some applied over the weekend.

Decide on color yet?

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:28 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

That is looking awesome.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Decide on color yet?
I'm going to use that London Gray rattle can I bought. But I think I will detail the bay with various colors so it's not to monochromatic
Old 03-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
That is looking awesome.
Thanks Dave. I hope I can get all of the separate parts together for one coherent display.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekmanscott, M,Ed. View Post
I had a slow day today, so I designed this to go on top of the battery box.

Just something fun to add to the display
Nice graphic.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Lurker

Thanks Tom
Old 03-17-2014, 05:11 AM
Lurker

Well I did not get any paint on the model this weekend. I was looking at the seams where the sides joined. And quite frankly, they were a mess. I was not happy with how they looked at all. So I got some more sheet styrene and I covered the outer sides and back and that hid the worst of the seams.