Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-26-2009, 01:54 AM

shadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

Tis life. Smile, it could be worse.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:05 AM

goose814 New face in the crowd

Don't know if you're aware, but you can order free replacement parts for any current Revell/Revell of Germany kit from their website. You may have to pay a few dollars for shipping, but sometimes they're shipped free also. I just ordered several parts for 3 different kits and got them within 7-10 days (no shipping charge). Some of the other times I ordered replacements there was a $3-$4 shipping charge.

A couple of years ago I bought the Revell 1/72 U-Boat kit and one of the hull halves had a broken section off of the bow. The broken piece wasn't in the box so I ordered a replacment hull. Sure enough I received the whole hull half (36 inches long) for free. Amazing!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 AM
So Say We All

SpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of AllSpaceMind Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhs View Post
The black stripes look really good too. Really changes the look without the orange.
I was planning on a Black color scheme like this too. Peagis beat me to it!

I guess we will be in the same squadron!!!

I gotta get started on mine. Been a crazy last few weeks.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:00 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

I wanted to do a silver border on the stripes but it just didnt work out..

~Pete~
Old 06-26-2009, 02:19 PM

shadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of All

What color are you guys using for the cockpit?
Old 06-26-2009, 02:49 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Well i don't know if its the right colors but i just painted the intsrument panels black and the rest a meduim gray.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:17 PM

I was going to go gray too, but I hadn't thought of the black.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:13 PM
JAFO

PakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of All

Wow Shadowknight
Bummer....

At least you were able to get it back together

Could possibly be a candidate for some "battle damage" ????

For the cockpit color on mine, I went with grey. I thought about black, but felt that it would just be too dark and would end up hideing what little detail their is in their.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:52 PM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
Well i don't know if its the right colors but i just painted the intsrument panels black and the rest a meduim gray.
Me too.

Except that I'm using a darker gray.In the end,it's your
Viper.You can use whatever colors you like.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:18 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-boater View Post
Me too.

Except that I'm using a darker gray.In the end,it's your
Viper.You can use whatever colors you like.
I agree in this subject you really can'nt go to wrong with what ever color you use.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:43 AM

thunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
I agree in this subject you really can'nt go to wrong with what ever color you use.
'cept maybe Hot Day Glo Pink with Purple Polka Dots...
Old 06-27-2009, 08:45 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

I did flat black and then used the lighting panels which were a light gray

~Pete~
Old 06-27-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbearr View Post
'cept maybe Hot Day Glo Pink with Purple Polka Dots...
Well if thats what turns you on thunderbearr i say go with it. LOL
Old 06-27-2009, 08:55 AM

Thats close to the same colors i used Peagis.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:57 AM

Great minds think alike as the saying goes.

Going to ship your decals today.

~Pete~