Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 09-04-2008, 02:13 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God
Default Hasegawa Eggplanes!

Since Cat has started his ultimate Zero build I thought I'd go ahead and quickly whip out a lil Zero that's been in my stash for years now. I did not resort to any AM accessories since Hasegaa has faithfully replicated evry line and detail of the Icon of all Japanese warbirds! I meticulously researched the correct shades of pint and then used whatever was on the bench and looked good to my eyes. I scoured every resource for correct markings and then used what was on the decal sheet. While it's still fresh and not yet dullcoated I will go ahead and say that Cat just might want to consult this a reference for his own build.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_0003.jpg (1.15 MB, 4 views)

Last edited by DarthDuck; 09-08-2008 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Adding more of the eggforce!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: Project: Zero! (Hasegawa)

Damn,thats really cool Don!!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Project: Zero! (Hasegawa)

That's what I thought it was!!
I didn't know Hasegawa made these type of kits
That is a cool little bird Don...I'm sure Cat will use it for reference!
Nice to see something fun!!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:34 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Yes gents, this is it. The pinacle of my modeling efforts. The most uber accurate, highly detailed, faithfully reproduced miniature I have yet done! An homage to WWII and my heritage in particular.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: Project: Zero! (Hasegawa)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Yes gents, this is it. The pinacle of my modeling efforts. The most uber accurate, highly detailed, faithfully reproduced miniature I have yet done! An homage to WWII and my heritage in particular.
hahaa. even so, I always liked these bubble aircraft!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:50 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
hahaa. even so, I always liked these bubble aircraft!
Me too! I was lucky enough to stash away the following way back when- TBF Avenger (2), Harrier, A6 Intruder, SR71 and an FW 190. I wouldn't have a one of them or even knew they existed until I stumbled upon a clearance table from a collector in a LHS. I bought what he had of them right then at a very reasonable price too!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:56 AM

U-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati GodU-boater Resin Illuminati God

Damn Don...!

Put that thing on a diet!Waaaaay too much of that ultra-rich high
grade aviation fuel.

That's a really nice little build ya' got there!

Haseawa is re-releasing the "egg planes".It'll be nice to see these
caricatures of their more lethal counter-parts on the LHS shelves again.

Great job!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:06 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

U-boater,
Yeah, I guess I'd heard that what, last year at SSM at least? So are they out there now and how much are they going for? I think they're just pure fun myself. I did toy with the thought of weathering it up, like a "real warbird model" and even maybe some kind of details? But at least on this first effort I think the 'fun factor' alone is good enough! I was happy that "old" kit decals worked just fine.

Thanks for your kind words!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Void where permitted

modelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of Allmodelnutz Overlord Master of All

I found these eggplanes in Hong Kong last Sunday.

I can get a bag of 6 for about $ 350.00 Hong Kong Dollars.
Seperate kits were $50.00 HKDollars

The current conversion is 1 US Dollar = 7.50 Hong Kong Dollars.

I found two such bags for a total of 12 different kits.

I'll be back in H-K at the end of the month...who wants some ?
I'd be glad to buy and ship...just gotta re-emburse me via Paypal.

PM if interested.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:43 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

I love watching a Master work.

Glorious.

I can tell right off that that accursed Tamiya kit is a bit off - putting it mildly - in several respects.

Don-san, thank you SO MUCH for showing this ground-bound quadriped how it's done!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Thats cool.

Al
Old 09-04-2008, 11:40 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Cat, Al, Mech,

Thanks gents!

Modelnutz,
Thanks for the FYI for anyone wanting some!

Cat-San,
Yes, the infamous Tamiya struggle with scale fidelity? Sorry to be the one to show you such glaring errors in overall shape and form but perhaps with some Aves or Milliput you can still salvage the work you've put into your project? That's why I struggled to knock this one out quickly so that it might not be too late for you. Afterall, what are friends for!

Old 09-06-2008, 11:57 AM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Very cool, Don.

I like it.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:56 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

dbhs,
Thank you very much!

And it seems that if one eggplane is fun then two must be more better!

This one actually has a "better" egg shape IMHO and it's a big brother to the A6E Intruder I did a lil while ago!

I even have a Navy WWII Avenger ready for decals to follow these.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Model Psycho

Damien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of AllDamien9479 Overlord Master of All

Nice!! These little things are pretty cool!!
Great job Don!!
Got your own little egg air force going huh??