Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 08-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God
Default 1/48 Hasegawa F-104C Starfighter

I figured I'd drag this out to work on it a little for a personal project. This is like one of my favorite fighters out there.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 104_03.jpg (109.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 08-15-2008, 04:42 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/48 Hasegawa F-104C Starfighter

To me that represents a certain era of jet technology that came up with some beautiful sleek designs!

Okay, let's see more!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:47 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

built one of those Hasagawa kits....was an absolute blast. so I got two more.
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 08-15-2008, 04:55 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

BTW- who the fuck gave you permission for a 'personal project'?

Back to work with glas' and resin to bring goodies to the masses!

Actually, I 'feel good' for you to do something for yourself here Rich. Have fun amigo!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

thats going to be a bitch to put that foil tape on there.

but i like the design too.

Al
Old 08-15-2008, 05:52 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Like the Hunter, Sabre and other jets of the 50's and 60's, a classic design of it's time. Never, just never gets old.
Should be interesting to see how this turns out.
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 08-15-2008, 06:02 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by modman06 View Post
thats going to be a bitch to put that foil tape on there.

but i like the design too.

Al
None of that mylar coating that had you pulling hair out at first though! Naw, something simple and easy for you? Like make a mold and cast it in bronze then triple nickel plating for a chrome finish followed by light acid etching for a varied panel effect! Yeah, that's what I expect from you!
Old 08-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

I have a couple of options on how I want it to look. I can go with the stainless steel or with a more weathered look.

I kind of like this one here, nice and weathered. But, I do like chrome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FlightwiththeF-104_271100_DC_10.jpg (394.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg f104.jpg (42.6 KB, 57 views)
Old 08-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

You could always go for something a bit more colorful.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp cf104s.bmp (900.1 KB, 37 views)

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 08-16-2008, 12:21 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by REL View Post
I have a couple of options on how I want it to look. I can go with the stainless steel or with a more weathered look.

IMHO there are a 'million' planes that can be weathered but only a handful that look like they should be, and were, "chrome"! That there is one of them and we know you can do "chrome"!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:12 PM
STOO-PID FLANDERS!!

Freddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud ofFreddog has much to be proud of

Quote:

You can do a bit of weathering on a chrome version too. The area of the fuselage, near the exhaust nozzle, would look very cool with a heat discoloration "weathering" pattern.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:17 PM

snag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to allsnag is a name known to all

Quote:
I figured I'd drag this out to work on it a little for a personal project. This is like one of my favorite fighters out there.

Cool! Just bought a G model one and will be starting on it soon. Trying to find the right resin cockpit set before I start. This guy here did a fantastic job on his Marine version. A bit drab but I like the weathering; and will base my paint job on his.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (41.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 34.jpg (28.3 KB, 27 views)
Old 08-16-2008, 01:42 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

This is outside Edwards AFB and it looks cool.

Great plane.

Cheers,
Chris.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1033 (Medium) (2).jpg (59.4 KB, 32 views)
Old 08-16-2008, 02:07 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

There's something about the F-104 i just love , the simple clean lines and even when its setting on the ground it looks fast . Now i know today's fighter are better planes but in my eyes some of them look like a Bath Tub with wings.

In fact iam looking for one of the old Hasegawa 1/32 F-104 Starfighter does anybody know where i could fine one.

Mark.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:21 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Mark, check this out man.

I got a 32nd scale Revell "Ferrari" Starfighter off Fleabay for 6 bucks.
A huge model and just get some decals.

Have a look to see if there is one there.

Cheers,
Chris.