Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Finished Models > Military Models

Military Models Finished Military Models

Old 06-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Banned Aide

Mr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant future

My favourite line was from one of the sailors talking about all of the young people onboard:

"This is one big-ass high school"
Old 06-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

^ That's the truth. But it's 'High School' with consequences. Almost everything out there can hurt or kill ya if you're not careful.

Fuel, bullets, missiles, flames and bombs.... just a few of the things they deal with on a daily basis. Then there's the Slider Line up forward...
Old 06-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Banned Aide

Mr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant futureMr. Wabac has a brilliant future

...and the Air Boss...
Old 06-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

^ Who is GAWD himself to thee and me.

" YOU THERE! IN THE FORWARD CATWALK! GET YOUR SILLY ASS BELOW.... NOW ! "
Old 06-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of Time View Post
^ That's the truth. But it's 'High School' with consequences. Almost everything out there can hurt or kill ya if you're not careful.

Fuel, bullets, missiles, flames and bombs.... just a few of the things they deal with on a daily basis. Then there's the Slider Line up forward...

MMMHHHHHH. he said bullets and missles and bombs OH MY.

sounds like a good day to me.

AL
Old 06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Goldmember

^ Ike's skipper on my second cruise, one CAPT Cross... allowed us smurfs up on the flight deck for a Sea Sparrow shoot with a target drone. After the successful exercise, ol' Cap'n Cross, the Sea Dog who looked AND sounded like Gilbert Gottfried came over the 5MC and said , " THAT, GENTLEMEN IS HOW YOU KILL THE ENEMY! THERE'S BLOOD ON THE WATER TODAY! I JUST LOVE THE SMELL OF BULLETS AND BOMBS IN THE MORNING!!! "

We all thought he'd ingested just a little too much seawater at some point in his career...
Old 06-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Banned

modman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati Godmodman06 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
^ the 5MC and said , " THAT, GENTLEMEN IS HOW YOU KILL THE ENEMY! THERE'S BLOOD ON THE WATER TODAY! I JUST LOVE THE SMELL OF BULLETS AND BOMBS IN THE MORNING!!! "

We all thought he'd ingested just a little too much seawater at some point in his career...
Thats old navy there. im glad i joined at the time i did. old school navy dont screw around. now a days. with all the SAVI training (thats sexual harassment training). and be kind to others crap. might as well start shooting pillows at people. had an ensign tell one of my guys, thats not right to scream at the enemy just after an IED blew up. dont want to offend the bad guys.

Al
Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Goldmember

^ Oh for fuck's sake.

You'd think we'd've learned that sensitivity is for pussies in warfare and that the PC crap should have been left behind in Hanoi back in 1975.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:55 PM

panther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Old Stuff: USS Nimitz in display case

Wow just found this thread.. Nice all the way around (case/Model/and remembering the good ole days)

Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Goldmember

Thanks Panther. Someday I'll finish the thing. It's complete enough that you can tell what it is, but it's missing a LOT of the small doodads that says, 'Hey... I'm a COMPLETE scale model!'

Nimitz was a great command. I did two cruises with the East Coast Navy on IKE and I have to say, I found the West Coast commands a lot more laid back. IKE had better chow though.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Goldmember

Dunno if I mentioned it, but Nimitz' awards on the display case were hand-painted by me as another touch and the plaque is clear plexi. I did that plaque so long ago that it was printed on a DOT-MATRIX printer....LOL!

Hey... I noticed you're in Okinawa... are you on the Shitty-Hawk?
Old 10-18-2008, 07:23 PM

panther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant futurepanther96 has a brilliant future

Served some time on: CV-59, CV-63, CV-64, CVN-65, CV-66, CV-67, CVN-69, CVN-72, CVN-73, AND CVN-74. Most of those were 1 month dets.. Did all my Combat Cruises on CV-66 and CV-67.. six total. I can make you another plaque. You were an AT correct?

Old 10-18-2008, 07:25 PM

Mikeym_us is infamous around these partsMikeym_us is infamous around these partsMikeym_us is infamous around these partsMikeym_us is infamous around these partsMikeym_us is infamous around these partsMikeym_us is infamous around these partsMikeym_us is infamous around these partsMikeym_us is infamous around these partsMikeym_us is infamous around these partsMikeym_us is infamous around these partsMikeym_us is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Dunno if I mentioned it, but Nimitz' awards on the display case were hand-painted by me as another touch and the plaque is clear plexi. I did that plaque so long ago that it was printed on a DOT-MATRIX printer....LOL!

Hey... I noticed you're in Okinawa... are you on the Shitty-Hawk?
I thought they Decommed all of the KittyHawk Class Carriers.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Goldmember

Yes I was... an I-level AT supporting the VAQ (Queer Bird) squadrons. I worked up in the VANS. And that's an impressive run down on boats you got there. You can maybe back me up on IKE's chow. Especially her chili bar. I was on IKE from 90-92.

Parked next to America many times in Norfolk and we were relieved by the JFK in the Red Sea in late August of '90. Sorry to see them both gone now.

I'll keep you in mind if I go to replacing that plaque. I remember that you mentioned that you made those.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeym_us View Post
I thought they Decommed all of the KittyHawk Class Carriers.
Nope. Not quite yet.

When the Bush enters the fleet next year, I believe Kitty Hawk will stand down.