Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 12-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future
Default Runabout landing pad and bay

Since I am totally insane, I have begun to build not only the AMT runabout but the landing pad and maintenance bay to go with it. I was unsure how to build the structure of the bay. Then I had an idea...what if I used plastic campaign signs? So on election night I did my civic duty and "helped" candidates by removing their signs so they would not get fined.

I had to cut the signs down a bit but they were exactly what I needed to build the shape for the bay. I was also able to build the observation deck from left over parts of sign.

To build the pad lifts I drew the shapes on my computer ( because axial symmetry sucks) I printed the shapes out and cut them out of styrene sheets. I laminated the styrene shapes together, then I glued each shape to the other to try an match the shape of the lift in the DS9 Tech manual and "In the Pale Moonlight" I also added some styrene strips and channels to add some detail.

[img]

I have more detail to add to the walls of the bay to make it look more Cardassian.

To add the detail to the landing pad I ask Lou Dalmasso of Aztek Dummy to make me a painting template.

The Runabout will have the Federation Models interior and will be lighted.

Comments welcome
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20131230_215535_333_zps5bad472c.jpg (75.8 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Trekmanscott, M,Ed.; 12-31-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Runabout landing pad and bay

If there's one thing I love, it's a big-assed diorama.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Normality Restored

beeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati Godbeeblebrox666 Resin Illuminati God

I've got a very old Runabout that will one day be reborn after a Castrol Superclean Baptism.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:54 AM

Revell-Fan will become famous soon enoughRevell-Fan will become famous soon enough

WOW! This will be awesome!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:12 AM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Scott, this is going to kick all kinds of ass!

Actually, it already does!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Thanks guys!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Enhanced Member

mar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of Allmar10 Overlord Master of All

Nice project. and you are insane.

When I want an opinion from you, I'll read it in your entrails.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:03 PM

pheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura about

nice work

i love the concept
keep us posted on your updates
Old 12-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Groovy tunes.

Sci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati GodSci Fi Smoker Resin Illuminati God

Very cool.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:28 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

That's gonna be very sweet!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 12-31-2013, 04:29 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Cool!!!!

You're nuts.

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Looking forward to seeing your take on this Scott. Lots of creative freedoms on this one.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:33 PM
Lurker

Thanks for all the kind words. I worked out how I am going to route (hide) the wiring. I built a hollow column that I will place on the back wall that will run from top to bottom. I am waiting on my crew figures from a friend for me to really get to work on the runabout interior. But, I do have it painted and decaled. I will try an post some pictures of the interior soon.

Last edited by Trekmanscott, M,Ed.; 01-03-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Lurker

I have to share these pictures! I asked a very talented modeler who is a member of my IPMS chapter, and member here (Haunted pen) if he would help me with a crew for my runabout. I bought some Woodland scenics HO scale railroad passengers. He turned these figures into the perfect crew for my Runabout!

I think he went above and beyond with the crew. He made Major Kira, Chief O'Brien, some Vulcans, even Guinan! The figures will really add to the Runabout.

To make things even better he Vac formed new windows for the Runabout! The vac formed windows are so much clearer and thinner than the windows that come with the kit.

This is a view of the aft cabin

This is view of the cockpit

Last edited by Trekmanscott, M,Ed.; 01-11-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Frigging awesome!!!!

I want to start on my Runabout build sometime, and I'll very definitely be using your thread as a cookbook

I think Steve could make some good change selling replacement windows.