Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 06-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bandai's 1/600 Andromeda Build

Hey Gang:

Here are a few progress pics of my Andromeda build. I've been working on the kit on and off over the last year or so.

It's a vintage kit so there are plenty of fit issues. But nothing lots and lots of putty can't fix. I didn't care for the original shape and opening of the "nose" and fabricated a new one from styrene. I overlooked the open turrets. The guns were already in place so I decided to fill the voids with resin. I selected Tamiya's Light Gray for the base color and Light Blue to add some highlights.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andromeda_Putty.jpg (427.4 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg New_Nose.jpg (363.8 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg Resin_Turrets.jpg (1.40 MB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Andromeda_Preshading.jpg (445.1 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg Base_Colors.jpg (537.8 KB, 90 views)
Old 06-15-2013, 03:37 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bandai's 1/600 Andromeda Build

Hey, I'm liking that!! Nice.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 06-16-2013, 09:00 AM

Boonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to beholdBoonblade is a splendid one to behold

This deffo has the potential to be rather special -v nice indeed
Old 06-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

That's one of the few ship designs from that type of Anime that I really like. It harkens to traditional wet navy designs while not looking exactly like they picked a wrecked ship off the bottom of the ocean and put rocket engines on it....

Excellent job thus far, Tom! I particularly like the pre-shade. I need to remember to do some pre-shading as you've done on my next Moebius Pegasus build for the gaps in the armor plating.

MOARPLZ?

Itís advised that you thoroughly research those from whom you plan to purchase from Garage Kit Manufacturers that you donít know!

Last edited by Griffworks; 06-16-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

A little masking after work. I think I will be painting the nose a nice medium blue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Masking_Front.jpg (528.1 KB, 63 views)
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Veru cool Tom----can't wait to see more!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

Nice job Tom
Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

When masked I was afraid there might not be enough contrast but I think it turned out well - looks good for the scale.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Medium_Blue_Nose.jpg (418.4 KB, 60 views)
Old 06-29-2013, 05:59 PM

Dobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant futureDobber has a brilliant future

Love it and love the Andromeda. Keep the updates comming!

Chris
Old 12-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

A little more painting on the Andromeda. I thought it might be cool to add some wooden planks as homage to the battleships of WWII. The contrast is also nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Planking.jpg (498.5 KB, 48 views)
Old 12-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

Most of the painting is complete. On to weathering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Painting_Complete.jpg (471.1 KB, 35 views)
Old 12-30-2013, 05:44 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Awesome! And I love the foam painting jig!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Approved.

Mike
Old 12-31-2013, 03:29 PM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Almost ready for the Fleet Revue. Very nice.

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 01-03-2014, 05:40 PM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Solid build as always. You never disappoint.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.