Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-13-2013, 04:16 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation
Default Re: TOS Battlestar Galactica

Nice work thus far.

Check out ARVEY Model Products, a division of Commander Models, for the accurization set. I can't recommend it enough.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:24 PM

Florjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to behold

Griff, thanks for the link, didn't knew they had that.
But a tad to expensive for me...

Anway, not much of an update, but I thought it would be funny to show.
Did some detailing on the main hull the last couple of days, but also started to work again on the side hangars.
Still must seal the halves together and detail it, but this is as the interior would look like.
I also dropped the roof with the 1mm fibers and created new roofs wirh 0.5 mm fibers

Last edited by Florjon; 04-19-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:28 PM

Sym-Cha New face in the crowd

WOW ... just WOW!!!

-Chaim
Old 04-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Fantastic work on the landing bay interior mate, just brilliant especially considering the scale. It was a killer building it in studio scale, so kudos to you!

Mike
Old 04-21-2013, 02:36 AM

Florjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the kudos
Vipers are to big, if i ever build another one it will be much different again.

But that counts for every model.
You should first build one for practice, then another one for real...
Old 04-21-2013, 07:08 AM

PhantomMajor has a spectacular aura aboutPhantomMajor has a spectacular aura aboutPhantomMajor has a spectacular aura about

ig ot one of these kits in my stash so i'm waiting to see how this one turns out
Old 04-21-2013, 08:46 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Looking real good. Especially the bays.

I too have one in the stash, in an unmarked and anonymous box, sans instructions. Will it look more like the original Galactica? No. Will it look more like this? http://hokens.deviantart.com/art/the-colonial-146912803

Yes.

Eventually...

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 04-21-2013, 03:35 PM

You'd think I had more time during the weekends.. but no.
Sunday evening was the first time again I could do something.

So I finished the lighting on the other bay.
Sorry for bad quality.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:41 PM

And... working on the greebles again.
I don't have enough kits to plunder for small parts.
Think i'm halfway now with 'greebling' this part. Still needs to do the legs, front, and fill up here and there. Other side is in same condition.
Then next would the the sidebays and the bottom half.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:44 AM

I'm bored with it now!
Had enough of the greebling (is it ever?)

So now that is done, I have started drilling the 0.7 mm fiber optics into this bucket.
And as said before, im not going for screen accuracy, so I added much more fibers. Also I couldn't find any good reference pics with the lighting on the tos battlestar.

And I FINALLY found a solution for which glue to use for the fibers.
I normally used simple hobby(white) glue for it.
But that took ages to dry and it would always run to the lowest point, so you always had to balance the kit in order to keep the glue where it should be.
The wonderglue is the new Pattex wood glue. Dry within 10 seconds and it's more like some gell.

Anyway, on to the next phase.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:02 PM

Spend another evening fiddling with the fibers.
Added a couple more, did some electronics.

Such a nice change to only add a couple of dozen instead of 2000..

Still have the bottom half to do.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:00 AM

robiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to beholdrobiwon is a splendid one to behold

Looks great. Cant wait to see this finished.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:06 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Damn, with all those lit fiber-optics it looks like she's launching a full missile load! Awesome!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 04-28-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Ministress of Alterations

Kitbash Girl has a brilliant futureKitbash Girl has a brilliant futureKitbash Girl has a brilliant futureKitbash Girl has a brilliant futureKitbash Girl has a brilliant futureKitbash Girl has a brilliant futureKitbash Girl has a brilliant futureKitbash Girl has a brilliant futureKitbash Girl has a brilliant futureKitbash Girl has a brilliant futureKitbash Girl has a brilliant future

Florjon, I haven't been on this site for a while. Various reasons. None bad. lol.

I wanted to say that I am really enjoying what you are doing with the TOS G. To me it does not matter that it isn't "canon" (if you see my name you'll know that's true. ). To me, if it looks good, and even close, that is what matters most.
Well, that and enjoying yourself.

I would love to get my hands on at least two more of those kits.

The greedlifying you are doing is really great.
What are they mostly from? I primarily have naval ships and a couple of parts from tanks. But not much.
I think that is the main reason I haven't finished my 'Tiamat', or my 'Olympia' yet.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know I am really enjoying what you are doing with this kit. I love the Engine light box. Beauty.

Cheers.
April
Old 05-02-2013, 03:59 PM

Kitbash, thank for the compl's.
For the greebles I mainly used the German pak40 kit and some small various tank kits that I practically could get my hands on for nothing.

I did some more greebling and fibering and finally connected some of the electronics.
Bit of a mess...

Cleaned up a bit.

And finally decided to glue the parts.
Still missing the engine and side bay's. Those will be installed later so I can better seal the joints.

I'll let this dry for a day before continuing with the side bay's and engine.
After that some more greebling here and there, putty and gluing.

Already started on the stand in between jobs.