Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 12-02-2012, 04:59 PM

Chablar will become famous soon enoughChablar will become famous soon enough
Default Revell USS Voyager

Hey guys, i've been working on this for a few months now and have put some threads up in other forums but thought I would put a thread up here to get your feed back. Ive been building the Revell Voyager, lighting it and accurising (if that's a word) it and have just got her stuck together. Because i've got a few photos ill just put the photos up with some brief captions rather than detailing each individual step.

The first thing I start with is the windows on the primary hull

And apply some of ParaGrafix's wonderful PE parts

And the same with the rest of the ship

Nacelles are primed and lined with tin foil

They are then wired up using a 3mm Superbright red LED for the bussard collector, and a 5mm Superbright blue for the nacelle grills. I also used a piece or cardboard with foil on the help trap the light.

I then use two pieces of 1.5mm fibre optic strand for the port and starboard beacons.

The impulse engines are then drilled and filed out and wired up too.

I then do the same on the fantail section of the ship, using 3 of the before shown fibre optic set ups crammed into the aft section, and a single white LED to light the aft windows

The white LED isnt lit as it will be hooked up to the flasher circuit later. The same is then done with the beacons in the saucer section. The primer is a little thick so this will be smoothed down later

A cluster of LEDs are then set up in optimal positions in the primary hull

I then begin detailing the secondary hull

Torpedo launchers are wired up

Stand is inserted

Orange LEDs for the torp launchers

Nav deflector LED and light trap

I then set up a lighting rig for the secondary hull

And all the sections are then wired together with the chaser circuit for the strobes

And here's a video of the strobes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtlIv...ature=youtu.be

She's only taped together at this point. Also the windows are not filled yet, which will explain the inconsistencies in light distribution to the windows. Further updates will be more detailed from here on out. Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8214449008_ba538398e6.jpg (71.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Chablar; 12-03-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:50 AM

SJM is a jewel in the roughSJM is a jewel in the roughSJM is a jewel in the roughSJM is a jewel in the roughSJM is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Revell USS Voyager

I really enjoyed looking through these! Makes me want to start my own lighted project, great work!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:48 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Excellent work Chablar----the lighting is terrific! The photo-etch is a huge plus as well. When I built mine, the PE wasn't available.

Can't wait to see the rest!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:53 AM

pheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura aboutpheniks has a spectacular aura about

superb work on the detailing
Old 12-05-2012, 02:10 PM

Thanks a lot guys, im just filling her in now. Im just waiting to get a replacement hose for my air brush then ill get cracking on the paintwork which is a challenge enough
Old 12-05-2012, 02:14 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM View Post
I really enjoyed looking through these! Makes me want to start my own lighted project, great work!
SAME HERE!!!!!!I love it.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:29 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Hey Cha!
Good to see ya on here fella, welcome aboard and the Voyager is looking well sweet lit up
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 AM

Tugg is on a distinguished road

Wow Chablar .. She is turning out great !!! Lighting is gonna be super
I agree.. seeing the PE on her, as well as your extra details.. sweet!!
Thanks for sharing !
Old 12-06-2012, 12:07 PM

VolcanoLogic New face in the crowd

Very nice! This model hardly ever gets the credit it's due, but it really is a nice kit.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 AM

Finally managed to get a spare few hours after Christmas, I must apologise for the lack of updates and hope you didn't all lose interest. Ive finished filling her in, masking her, and have applied the final primer coat, admittedly I should have left her until this stage to prime her only the once to try and preserve detail. I am however quite pleased with how smooth she has turned out, it really is a nicely detailed kit and the accurising (again, if that's even a word...) looks very nice.

I've got just a couple of pictures to show how she looks at the moment. The next step is to paint a couple of coats of my base grey, and then begin work on the panels on the hull. Im still toying up whether or not to pre-shade her, what do you guys think? At first glance it should look really good, and there is a lot of opportunity to do it on the kit due to their being a large amount of recesses. But after looking at the ship in the series it looks as though the panel pattern will be sufficient. Anyway, I hope you all had a great Christmas, and keep checking back for more piccies

Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM

Started on the paintwork. First she's given a coat of Light Ghost Grey.

Then I get to work on the panelling. I've got small piece of card and cut a few different sized rectangles into it, this is then used as a mask in certain places to get the desired effect on the panels. For this I use Dark Ghost Grey. Pictures below.

Without Flash

With Flash

I'm happy with the result of this. It looks just as subtle as it should do, and as you can see the result looks different with and without flash, and will definitely look different in natural light so I'll take some more pictures in the morning and see how she looks. Let me know what you think

Rich
Old 03-13-2013, 09:43 PM
JAFO

PakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of AllPakRatJR Overlord Master of All

Subscribed

I just got my hands on the "over seas" version. And got all the PE goodies for it also. Hoping to get a start on some time this year
Old 03-13-2013, 10:48 PM

G-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of light

Beautiful work, Look forward to seeing it finished and ready to display!

George

And you can follow Catalyst Creations on face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644
Old 03-14-2013, 02:02 AM

shadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of All

Lots of good work here. I'm looking forward to your updates.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:55 AM
Oh my!

lakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati Godlakespeed Resin Illuminati God

Really good work. I like the coloring as well....it looks spot on.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
His eyes opened!
The bubbles rose.