Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 06-10-2012, 06:41 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future
Default Su-15 Interceptor.. One of the Soviets "sensitive aircraft"

I did some digging around.. and found this one, the Su-15, to be very interesting.. it has a dark and deadly history - Korean Air Flight 902 in 1978: 2 dead, Argentine Canadair CL-44 in 1981: 4 dead, and the deadliest, Korean Air Flight 007 in 1983: 269 dead. All were civilian, Americans included.

The "Su-15, like other highly sensitive Soviet aircraft, was never exported to the Warsaw Pact or any other country due to its sophisticated systems. Some Su-15 were reported to be deployed in Egypt in 1972 but were used with Soviet crews."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg su15tm-2.jpg (49.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-03_15-37-23_338.jpg (1.39 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-10_16-03-38_413.jpg (1.11 MB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-10_20-04-35_793.jpg (1.09 MB, 39 views)
Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Su-15 Interceptor.. One of the Soviets "sensitive aircraft"

Looks good so far. Looking forward to see more.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:29 PM

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future

Thanks! I forgot to mention.. I found this right before I was going to glue the nose Sunday night.. Every time I build a kit from Trumpeter there is ALWAYS something "off"...wish Tamiya, Academy or Hasegawa built more cold war aircraft like this....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-06-12_01-20-53_353.jpg (607.4 KB, 68 views)
Old 07-28-2012, 08:23 AM

I found some up close shots of the Su-15 on line.. Now I have to make a Soviet Style pilot for this kit.. I decided to make a copy of the pilot from the Revell Su-25 kit. Lets see how this turns. out..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ds_su-15tm_137.jpg (165.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg ds_su-15tm_159.jpg (212.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg ds_su-15tm_174.jpg (164.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg su15tmnro69.jpg (81.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-07-28_10-18-26_471.jpg (1.13 MB, 20 views)
Old 08-05-2012, 10:45 AM

Just added the silver finish... Next weathering.. missiles... etc..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-08-05_12-34-32_804.jpg (1.16 MB, 20 views)
Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 PM

G-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of lightG-Man is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackjsm View Post
I found some up close shots of the Su-15 on line.. Now I have to make a Soviet Style pilot for this kit.. I decided to make a copy of the pilot from the Revell Su-25 kit. Lets see how this turns. out..
I was looking through here just looking at pictures, and not reading the text accompanying them and i got to this post and actually said out loud " Holy Shit that looks fucking real!"

That being admitted, sheepishly i might add.
This should look very nice when complete.

George

And you can follow Catalyst Creations on face book:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catalyst-Creations/345458355475644
Old 08-09-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I was looking through here just looking at pictures, and not reading the text accompanying them and i got to this post and actually said out loud " Holy Shit that looks fucking real!"

That being admitted, sheepishly i might add.
This should look very nice when complete.

George
Thanks George.. I did the airbrushing/painting.. but to be honest with you I'm not to happy the way it came out.. have to retouch a bunch of stuff... I'm still a aircraft novice..

Last edited by mackjsm; 08-09-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:11 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Mackie-
What a great subject. I've long loved the Soviet craft for their similar yet somehow always different approach to how to get a job done. You mentioned you were working your way through the paint and I'm sure you'll get it sorted. I look forward to more progress shots!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Mackie-
What a great subject. I've long loved the Soviet craft for their similar yet somehow always different approach to how to get a job done. You mentioned you were working your way through the paint and I'm sure you'll get it sorted. I look forward to more progress shots!
Hey bud.. I redid the body with aluminum paint/powder and I also used different tones to make it more realistic. I am applying decals now before I weather it. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the nice comment!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-08-12_17-34-47_571.jpg (1.05 MB, 25 views)
Old 09-03-2012, 05:40 PM

OK Done... will post pics in a few days.. here is a sneak peak! I took a shot under the wing..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-09-03_19-17-22_927.jpg (1,004.4 KB, 19 views)
Old 10-27-2012, 08:42 PM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

I am really liking what I am seeing! Looking very very good!

B
Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
I am really liking what I am seeing! Looking very very good!

B
Hey Bud!! I'm already done with it!! Posted the finished Su-15 a while back.

http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=13979
Old 10-28-2012, 07:02 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Shit! I thought you build another one! I must have not seen the last photo of this boird you posted. But now, I know I am supposed to be in the Finished Models section instead of the WIP one.

B