Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute
Default JTR's 1/35 SEG-888 Hornet - Unimotorcycle Thing

I saw this kit at the Venice (FL not CA) show and after talking with the builder learned he purchased it on eBay. I picked the little resin kit for only $8.99 plus free shipping from China. The seller called it, "MA.K Resin Model KIT 1/35 JUNK SERIES NO.3 SEG-88" and after some searching I was able to figure out it is a recast of the Japanese outfit Junk Tank Rock's 1/35 SEG-888 Hornet.

The kit arrived quickly and well-packed but after a parts inspection I noticed the hand on the right arm had broken off and was missing. A replacement is suppose to be on the way.

The seller did not include the springs for the exhaust hosing so I'm hoping I can find something a local hardware parts store.

The casting was fair with minimal flaws. The exception was a seam running along the top and read of the bike but nothing a little putty couldn't fix. The bike went together well and I reinforcing all joints with brass wire. The grips and mud flaps are pretty delicate and I am hoping I don't break along the way.

The base was fun! It's built from the shale rock found along the road during the trip home from WF last year. My plan is to conceal the wire with bits of the rock and simulate the bike is jumping from the ledge.

Here's a cool build-up of the kit over on Fichenfoo's site from back in 07.

That's it for now.

Peace out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unicycle_Sketch.jpg (273.9 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Unicycle_Parts.jpg (393.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Unicycle_Base.jpg (384.7 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by The Mad Klingon; 04-09-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:06 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: JTR's 1/35 SEG-888 Hornet - Unimotorcycle Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Klingon View Post
The base was fun! It's built from the shale rock found along the road during the trip home from WF last year..
That was a rather eventful trip, if I remember right?

Interesting subject, Tom. I'm looking forward to seeing more!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM

Gans is on a distinguished road

Hi

Yes its a nice little kit!
Wave sells the type of springs you are after. They are on these pages at HLJ
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SeriesID=5245&Dis=2

Here is my SEG888
http://www.brisbanemodelbuilder.com/...k%20ground.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your paint job

http://www.brisbanemodelbuilder.com/
Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

I came across your build while researching the little model.

I'm going to look at bass guitar strings and see how they work.

Otherwise I'll order the springs from HLJ. What size did you use?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:12 AM

I can't remember the size, just measure the part it is to connect to, that should give you a good Idea. You could also just wrap silver wire around the right thinkness of black electrical wire

Thanks
Gans
http://www.brisbanemodelbuilder.com/
Old 04-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

I thought of that. If my guitar string idea doesn't pan out then I'll create the things. If that fails - I'll have the springs from HLJ to fall back on.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

Made some recent progress.

The cycle's heads seemed very vulnerable to impact so I added a brass wire bash guard. The foot pegs had broken off and lost; those were replaced with hand grips from an old Tamiya BMW R75. The guns were OK but hard to see so they were removed and replaced with a couple of spare MG34 barrels.

My kit did not include the hosing and after looking into a few options I decided to order it from HLJ. I used Kotobukiya's MSG 3mm Spring Unit. He-he, I wrote unit.

The helmet mike and power cable from the helmet to the backpack were created with fine wire.

I will be replacing the seat with something a little better textured.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unicycle_June24.jpg (466.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Unicycle_Rider_June24.jpg (457.0 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by The Mad Klingon; 06-25-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:41 AM

Geez that figure cast is a shocker, mine was much better than that.
I suppose for a recast at $8.99 it was expected

Looking forward to the paint job
Gans
Old 06-25-2012, 04:44 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

Yeah - the image isn't very flattering. I will go back and work on it a little more.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Looks great to me. I like the design and fine detailing too. Very cool!

Mike
Old 07-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

Progress today

Along with foot pegs I also added a shifter

The seat was replaced with something more detailed; constructed from resin and styrene heated to shape.

I busted the grips while replacing the seat so I added new resin cast ones. To create the grip's texture I wrapped copper wire around rod and made resin copies.

Stowage added - more to come.

The camo is based on the 3-tone camo of green, light blue and black featured on the Russian Maz-537 Tractor.

And finally, I figured out the hair spray technique.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unibike_Camo.jpg (369.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Unibike_Camo2.jpg (363.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Hairspray_Jerry_Can copy.jpg (347.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

Getting there. Nats is right around the corner...

Dot filter and pin wash done tonight. Tomorrow: chips, finalize the stowage and then a pigment wash. Wednesday I need to mount the bike to the base.

Maybe it was me but the Model Color paint I used for the white "nose" section did not respond well to the hairspray technique. Instead of chipping off, the paint sloughed off in sheets so there's way more of the under color showing than I wanted. I switched to Tamiya for the lower section and it worked fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Getting_There.jpg (271.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 08-06-2012, 10:53 PM
BOING BOING BOING

allthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond reputeallthumbs has a reputation beyond repute

funny...its my favorite part! Looks like its been wind-battered and repainted. Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Klingon View Post

Maybe it was me but the Model Color paint I used for the white "nose" section did not respond well to the hairspray technique. Instead of chipping off, the paint sloughed off in sheets so there's way more of the under color showing than I wanted.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

I checked my pigments this morning for a dust color and guess what - I have none. Now I need scramble. Probably something I should have looked into last week.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:08 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

This thing is wearing me out. I wish I had a few more days. And yes, I'll be adding all that stowage!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wearing_Me_Out.jpg (360.9 KB, 14 views)