Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-14-2010, 05:10 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Shadowknight's Colonial Mover

Thank again Phil i just found your thread in the reference section i don't know why i did'nt look there. I guess i was so pumped up on working on this kit i was'nt thinking.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Well it's a build worth getting pumped for mate.

There hasn't been a lot of good reference around publicly for the CM.But the stuff Jase has obviously been given permission to post at SSM is basicly the same stuff i was using for my build.You can't go past good reference now.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:40 PM

shadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of All

Sweet. I'm looking forward to this build. If you have any questions or need any parts let me know. I'm away on my honeymoon so my internet is spotty but I promise I will get back to you.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:48 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Hello gang,

And thanks shadowknight and i hope you are having a great honeymoon!!!
Well i guess its time for a small update i did a little work on the engine section this past week i got the i guess what you would call the engine bell glued on the the main engine section .

Now the engine bell did give me a little trouble it turned out it was a little bit warped and the inner ring seemed a little to small or more likely i sanded it down a little to much any way i just glued in a strip of styrene in the engine bell which made the inner ring fit nice and tight and holding the engine bell firmly in my hand i CA glued the inner ring and the engine bell togrther which semm to take out most of the warp out of it.

Now for the part am not to happy with myself with i messed up a little bit when glueing in the small saturn v engines parts that go in the engine bell i got the spacing a little off i was only able to get in 7 of the 8 parts in the engine bell man i thought i had the spacing all figured out well thats how it go's sometimes.

But over all i think it look ok now its still a little rough i still have some more smoothing out to do but again i think its going to turn out just fine.

As always thanks for looking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colonial mover 4 002.JPG (462.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 08-22-2010, 09:34 AM

shadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of All

If you think that the little rocket end that goes in the center of that engine is sticking out a bit much you can either drill the back of it out a bit or cut the part behind it down some. I can't tell the position of it from the picture.

Also, don't worry about the little glue mishap. Once you weather that section you probably won't be able to tell.

Last edited by shadowknight; 08-22-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:05 AM

Hey shadowknight thats what i was thinking to after its painted and weathered i don't think your really see it unless you get a light and count them as for the little rocket in the center thats another small mistake i made i should have looked at the ref. pic's a bit closer but i think its only out just a little bit to far but i may go back and fix it later.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:32 PM

Well if you decide to take that rocket part off and it gets messed up I can ship you a new part.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:45 PM

Thanks shadowknight but i think i got it fixed i should have another update soon and you can tell me if you think it looks right.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:07 PM

Ok gang heres a quick update sorry if the pic's are'nt to good i kinda took them in a hurry. Well i got the bulk of the big parts of the engine section done and i sprayed it with some primer so i can see all the area's that need sanding and smoothing out.

And i think i got the small part that go's in the center of the engine bell fixed i cut it down so it would sit back further and i think it looks about right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colonial mover 5 006.JPG (426.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg colonial mover 5 003.JPG (419.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 08-22-2010, 06:20 PM
JAWS MODELS

JAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant future

Wicked Mark. Nice work & nice kit CJ. Keep up the good work.

http://studioscalemodelers.com/
Old 08-22-2010, 07:52 PM

Thanks Jason!!!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:02 PM
JAWS MODELS

JAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant futureJAWS MODELS has a brilliant future

No worries. Glad the ref helped.

http://studioscalemodelers.com/
Old 08-23-2010, 02:25 AM

That is looking really good. I can't wait to see more.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:42 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice work so far!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:32 AM

Thanks guys!!!!