Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-20-2014, 08:31 PM

solobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Revell Monogram TOS MK1 Viper

Hi all. Nearly finished my MK2 but getting started on this one. Bought it of ebay months ago. It came with a few upgrades - Aztec Dummy masks & a resin cockpit/pilot and the clear canopy.

I've started basic prep but I'm stuck on this resin and clear cockpit part. I've done searches but found no info on the resin piece I have. Not sure but am I missing parts. Please see pics.

IMAGE 001.jpg

IMAGE 002.jpg

IMAGE 003.jpg

IMAGE 004.jpg

IMAGE 005.jpg

IMAGE 006.jpg

Struggling to find any build threads on this one, plenty on the new Moebius version. Not sure how to go ahead or should I just get the later release upgrade that's in the Starship modeller store.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated on this. Not going to bother with lights on this either.

I will continue cleaning and preparing parts in the meantime.

Thanks in advance. Barry.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:40 PM
Not to scale

robn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Revell Monogram TOS MK1 Viper

You're off to a good start. This is the best build up I've seen of the Revellogram kit, with uogrades to look more like the studio models http://olcabour.hangar.blog.free.fr/...per-TOS-Revell

I think it's better than the Moebius when done up right.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:04 AM

solobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of lightsolobob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Revell Monogram TOS MK1 Viper

Thanks Rob. Yes I agree will be studying that one for sure, thanks for the link.

Made some progress.
This is how I'm doing the canopy. Surprised I didn't loose a finger trimming this, not even a nick. Just have to trim the clear moulded part to fit once painted. Won't be needing the canopy masks.

IMAGE 007.jpg

I've never scribed panel lines before so thought I'd have a crack. The raised lines just didn't do it for me. A bit rough in areas but should tidy up once painted.Slow process though but worth it I think. Ended up removing some of the detail during sanding but I will replace it.

IMAGE 008.jpg

IMAGE 009.jpg

IMAGE 010.jpg

Still not sure what I will do with the cockpit, probably just add to the resin piece I have.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by solobob; 04-22-2014 at 11:10 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:44 AM

ResinEddie New face in the crowd
Thumbs up Re: Revell Monogram TOS MK1 Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by solobob View Post
Surprised I didn't loose a finger trimming this, not even a nick.
Then you're not doing it right.

Very clean work. Looking forward to this build-up.

Cheers
Eddie