Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future
Default 1/32 F-16D PL VIPER Block 52+

Hey guys.. I'm putting my science fiction projects on hold.. I decided to build something original. I took the Academy 1/32 F-16I Sufa and decided to convert it to the Polish F-16D Block 52+ Viper. This is going to be a bit of work with some custom weapons and missiles and body mods... Some of the missiles I got were from www.zactomodels.com.. the quality is fantastic. i.e. AIM 9-X. Constructive criticism is appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-10-21_16-09-12_873.jpg (1.13 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-04_13-38-23_379.jpg (1.04 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-25_13-06-42_528.jpg (1,016.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-25_15-10-30_4171.jpg (899.7 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by mackjsm; 11-26-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/32 F-16D PL VIPER Block 52+

I know Chris (Zactoman) personally. His product cannot be beat. Most of his stuff is 1/32 russian but he has other things too. If anyone has a trumpy SU-27 DO NOT pass up his intakes, Nose and canopy correction sets! His casting is absolutely flawless.

As for a Polish F-16 having 9X capability. I dont know. Its something most US units are still adjusting to. Polish craft would be more likely to have AIM-9L/M. Cant wait to see what you do with this bird though.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 PM

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
I know Chris (Zactoman) personally. His product cannot be beat. Most of his stuff is 1/32 russian but he has other things too. If anyone has a trumpy SU-27 DO NOT pass up his intakes, Nose and canopy correction sets! His casting is absolutely flawless.

As for a Polish F-16 having 9X capability. I dont know. Its something most US units are still adjusting to. Polish craft would be more likely to have AIM-9L/M. Cant wait to see what you do with this bird though.
I agree with you 100% When I got the AIM 9-X from Chris.. he e-mailed me and I ended up sending him the 1-32 Trumpeter AIM-9X.. there is a pic of it here.. its the worst looking one... so that he can show you the difference on the site.. it was horrible way off.... His work is perfect.

The AIM-9X is in full use for the Polish Air force. 90% of the pilots have the helmet mounted sights for the F-16s developed for the AIM-9X The AIM-120C is the med range missile they also use. They do not use the older AIM missiles. I have family that lives there, they are really into this stuff , sent me a TON of articles and a book detailing everything about the Vipers.. All I can say is thank you U.S.A.!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AIM9X_7-1.jpg (35.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by mackjsm; 11-26-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

I am well versed in the AIM-9X. i was a weapons loader for 10 years. Knew about them back in 2003/2004. The seeker is so sensitive that it can see the heat difference between panels on an aircraft.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I am well versed in the AIM-9X. i was a weapons loader for 10 years. Knew about them back in 2003/2004. The seeker is so sensitive that it can see the heat difference between panels on an aircraft.
That is sick...

You know I was thinking.. with all these "stealth" aircraft.. I think the next generation of missiles will be so advanced that stealth will not stand a chance... I'm sure the U.S., Russia, China and Israel have some really crazy stuff in the works.. I don't think stealth can get away from a modern advanced IR missile..
From what I understand they can track stealth aircraft (VHF band with L Band and S/X band Gamma radar at the same time) Its all going to be timing, experience, and luck...
Also from what I have seen and heard.... we are lacking when it comes to BVR.. i.e. F/A-18 Super Hornet, F-35.. look great.. but the Russians can blast them out of the sky with their Su-30s.... I think we need a revival. Keep the politicians OUT.. unless we have something no one knows about..

Last edited by mackjsm; 11-26-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Shit got real.

research AC-778 Its an F-16D. it has 3 accomplishments under its belt with one missile. 1st US F-16 A/A kill
1st US F-16 AIM-120 AMRAAM kill
1st US F-16 Beyond Visual Range kill

Against a Mig-25.

The problem isnt BVR its overall missile range. Until the AIM-9X we didnt have a IR guided missile with great range. AIM-120 was our medium missile. The russian equivalent IR guided missile was greater than AIM-9L/M and equal to AIM-120. the AIM-9X now exceeds all known russian IR guided missiles and the latest AIM-120s exceed all known russian equivalent radar guided missiles. So now all US missiles are back into the equal to or superior category.

As far as stealth is concerned though. Its all made out to be better than it is. Stealth aircraft still show up on radar just a smaller signiture that gets lost in clutter. The aircraft still generate heat as well...
Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 AM

youngtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura aboutyoungtiger1 has a spectacular aura about

Looks like a cool project. I have the same kit that I hope to start someday. It looks like you did most of your sub-assembles already. I kind of do similar during my projects that way when you need wings they are already done Keep up the good work and can't wait to see next update.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Shit got real.

So how is this coming Mack?
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
So how is this coming Mack?
Hey Bud... We had to set up two dentist offices last week... I'm in the I.T. industry.. Sunday was my only day off.... I'm sure you got my point.. this Saturday night I'm going to start working on the F-16 again.. Thanks for checking up.. Hope all is well..
Old 01-01-2013, 03:56 PM

Just a small update.. this is taking a bit longer then I want.. but it is what it is.. Hope you all enjoy the update. Happy New Year!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-01-01_16-31-54_193.jpg (1.26 MB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-01-01_16-48-47_47.jpg (1.27 MB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-01-01_17-05-16_191.jpg (1.04 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-01-01_17-06-00_395.jpg (1.03 MB, 9 views)
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 PM

Alioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of lightAlioth is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Bro suffice to say your work itīs outstanding ... Definately your are crazy!!!... Please accept all my best wishes of happiness and prosperity for the whole 2013.... God Bless You... A hug from Monterrey, Mexico...
Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Shit got real.

Looking good. The white part of your burner can is too clean though. Give it a thin tinting of burnt umber overall. The insides of the feathers are coated with a ceramic layer to ease the high temps off the turkey feathers. These turn a dingy off yellow/brown color after just a few flights. I have a scrap turkey feather from an F-16 GE motor that i can take some shots of tomorrow. The engine in your kit is a GE not a Pratt and whitney.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
Hey Bro suffice to say your work itīs outstanding ... Definately your are crazy!!!... Please accept all my best wishes of happiness and prosperity for the whole 2013.... God Bless You... A hug from Monterrey, Mexico...
HEY BUD!! Sorry I was out for so long.. Thank you for the nice wishes.. Same to you!!! Been busy as hell.. Got more stuff coming soon.. will keep you posted!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Looking good. The white part of your burner can is too clean though. Give it a thin tinting of burnt umber overall. The insides of the feathers are coated with a ceramic layer to ease the high temps off the turkey feathers. These turn a dingy off yellow/brown color after just a few flights. I have a scrap turkey feather from an F-16 GE motor that i can take some shots of tomorrow. The engine in your kit is a GE not a Pratt and whitney.
Hey Bud.. I changed it a bit.. was not too happy with it.. and it IS a Pratt and Whitney.. I got the colors a bit off.. Redid them will post asap.. The Polish F-16s don't use the GE.. there is an option in the kit with the bigger intake and all... Keep in mind the don't have the Polish F-16 one in 1/32 scale.. I'm praying I don't fuck it up..