Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-04-2014, 08:08 AM

Florjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bandai's 1/600 Andromeda Build

I like your build.
Just saw the movie space battleship yamato the other night.

But..hows that red filler called you are using?
Old 01-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florjon View Post
I like your build.
Just saw the movie space battleship yamato the other night.

But..hows that red filler called you are using?
It's Bondo Glazing & Spot Putty. Available at most auto parts stores and big box stores.

It works just as good as other fillers like Squadron's plus you get more for your money. Also, it can be thinned with Testor's thinner and brushed on with a fine paintbrush for super control.

If you decide to try it out make sure you get the Glazing putty, #907. There is a similarly packaged two-part product. Also, there is at least three version of the packaging. But, just look for glazing and #907.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bondo.jpg (583.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to add some markings to the model. I came up with a short list of names including: Deimos, Pegasus, Ketos, Perseus and Hephaestus. Angela liked, "Deimos" the God of Terror so that's what I went with. I fabricated some simple decals using the the nice color laser at work. I liked the idea of the crew painting an emblem on the ship and after some research settled on the image of Deimos as depicted on the statue of Leonidas in Sparta.

Next I moved on to the color modulation. It's a little more of a dirtier look than I envisioned (the photograph emphasizes it a bit) but it will have to do.

I'm almost there. A pin wash and a flat coat and that's about it. I do have to construct a base. I know what you are thinking. The kit included a fine base... more on that later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deimos_Decal_Image_ALL.jpg (493.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Andromeda_ColorMod.jpg (529.0 KB, 34 views)
Old 03-02-2014, 11:45 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Very nice on the ship's 'ensign.'
When I go to model shows, I make a point of going through the decals boxes looking for stylized images like that.

These are what I used on my EDF Nike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9751.jpg (84.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9738.jpg (75.1 KB, 33 views)

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/

Last edited by Tiberious; 03-02-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:28 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

That just kicks ass Tom! I love it!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 03-05-2014, 06:09 PM

droplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud of

That came out very cool.

The decal did give it a bit more character.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

All done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deimos_All_Done.jpg (561.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-04-2014, 11:09 PM

srspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant futuresrspicer has a brilliant future

Looks fantastic man!!
Old 04-05-2014, 06:28 AM

droplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud ofdroplite has much to be proud of

Nice shading and color choices.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:49 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
Old 04-06-2014, 06:52 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

Took third with the Deimos at the Venice show. I expected to sweep the category but the judges served me a nice big slice of humble pie. The olive drab Viper in the upper right, behind the sign won.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SciFi_Cat.jpg (525.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-06-2014, 11:19 AM
My ass is itchy...

So....the judges could wrap their heads around a Sci-fi subject painted up in a WWII paint scheme, but not a space-fairing naval battleship with a superior finish.

No humble pie there Tom-----they just didn't "get" what they were looking at.

Some things never change....

Old 04-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Lurker

Trekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant futureTrekmanscott, M,Ed. has a brilliant future

I agree with George. The judges just didn't get it. If was a typical IPMS show Aircraft guys probably judged Sci-fi. I never really got into Battleship Yamato and I know that is a quality model. The good news is the guys in Louisville seem to like models with good paint jobs, your is fantastic so IT'S GOLD!!!