Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-16-2008, 12:46 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Revel Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
Sorry my bad LAUNCH RAIL , don't know what i was thinking.

Thanks for the info K-Dog.

Mark.
Were you hungry maybe? Cause I am now!

So to stay on topic: K-dog, you mentioned a possibility of bare metal finish? Now I like that idea and think it could be justified easily by any number of backstories. Don't know if you'll choose it but I would like to see it!
Old 08-16-2008, 01:23 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Yeah that must be it DD. LOL.

Anyway a bare metal finish now that would be different like maybe a protype Viper or something along those lines.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:23 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 daytona View Post
Yeah that must be it DD. LOL.

Anyway a bare metal finish now that would be different like maybe a protype Viper or something along those lines.
In the case of US WWII warplanes we switched from painting on camoflouge schemes to 'bare metal' (almost always aluminum alloy) when we gained air superiority in whatever TEO was involved. It was quicker, cheaper and lighter not to have to paint a plane and at a time of war when long term protection against the elements was not of concern it made perfect sense. I say all of this because once you have that as a background it's not such a stretch of the imagination to justify why a sci-fi subject might also be 'bare metal'. It's a look I'm still eager to see on any number of subjects. Another scheme I'd like to see although it doesn't photograph well (usually) is your good ole basic black, perhaps with minor trim? Why not? Nightfighters and stealth aircraft in our history have been all black but when do we see that on a scifi subject?

Then too, maybe I should just be the one to do it and stop wasting someone else's threadspace?

Sorry K-Dog but you did bring up paint schemes?
Old 08-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute

See i was was also thinking a couple different shades of black too.

I did a 1/72 B5 Thunderbolt in metal once, it has since been taken apart and put in the to do pile after I got new wings for it. Th first set sagged with in a couple months.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Running Ban

k-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond reputek-dog has a reputation beyond repute

Well i finally finished the sanding. Ill get a primer coat on tomorrow afternoon after work. Then i should be able to knock what seams and such i missed then decide on a paint scheme.

Here it is all together. The engine part will be painted separately then added. The canopy has been covered in future and waits its turn to be masked off.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:39 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

This is coming along great. Big respect for letting your experimental side go free. Looking forward to the painting, and I hope the timing works out kindly enough to allot you to complete this. Keep it up
Old 08-18-2008, 04:07 PM

JohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant futureJohnLogan has a brilliant future

She's looking good!!
That's a problem I seam to have, work keeps getting in the way of my model building. LOL
-John
Old 08-18-2008, 04:23 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

That look great!!! Can't wait to see it with paint on it.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Running Ban

Almost there. Here are the gun mods. Once it is all dry and sanded it gets to go to primer time.
the crocked one is all fixed now.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM

WOW!!! that looks cool!!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

k-dog,

The gun barrels look great. Did you cut these grooves into the metal? The detail looks too fine to be separate pieces glued together.

Looks great. Like the engine details too.
-Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (49.5 KB, 95 views)
Old 08-18-2008, 11:27 PM
suki5150

suki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of Allsuki5150 Overlord Master of All

Those barrels look great.

Cheers,
Chris.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:23 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Dude it's getting close and looking bloody good!
Damn those barrels look real fine!
Some real nice work ya done there and looking forward to seeing it with some paint!
Keep up the good work!!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Running Ban

dbhs, those barrel upper parts come from some indrustrial timers i found at work last year. I had to take each one apart and i got four per. I going out to the site i found them to see if they have more to take. They work great in all different things.

Thx for the great comments guys. I layed down some primer last night. Have to fix and sand some things then it should move along.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Running Ban

Well just rinsed it off after sanding the bad spots. Will hit it again tomorrow afternoon with spot priming and finish up the guns.

While it drys I will clean up the base and get it primed up also.