Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 12-15-2011, 12:46 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Zarkus TX-130 Tank 1:32

Hi Guys,

this is a little fun project. I build it almost straight out of box without many modifications. I plan to replace the gunner figure and the stormtrooper helmets cause i like to do a Republic version.

Itīs a really heavy piece of resin and the casting is outstanding. Mark did a really good job on this one. Itīs a very nice kit. Here are some pics. The Tank is currently painted with the basecoat a mix of white and deck tan.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of
Default Re: Zarkus TX-130 Tank 1:32

Very cool. Always liked the TX-130.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:33 AM

cosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud of

the turned barrels are very nice Stefan

Last edited by cosmic_x; 12-15-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:10 AM

tomkat364 will become famous soon enoughtomkat364 will become famous soon enoughtomkat364 will become famous soon enough

I've got this one sitting on the shelf too. Wonderful kit. I also had wanted to replace the imperials with clones. What are you going to use for the new heads? Sculpting or casting something?
Old 12-16-2011, 02:43 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Wow, this is a great design. It's not very Star-Warsy, but in a good way. Are you going with the red-white paint scheme or something different? I could see this heavily weathered and done in dark grey or a camo pattern and look really cool.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:32 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Great start Stefan----can't wait to see what you do with it!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-17-2011, 12:49 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkat364 View Post
I've got this one sitting on the shelf too. Wonderful kit. I also had wanted to replace the imperials with clones. What are you going to use for the new heads? Sculpting or casting something?
I ordered some SW unleashed battle pack figure sets. I hope there are some cool helmets that fits for my needs. I hope the battle pack stuff is around 1:32 scale. My plan is to make a mold of the helmets and cast them or something like that.

Last edited by Hackcore; 12-17-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhs View Post
Wow, this is a great design. It's not very Star-Warsy, but in a good way. Are you going with the red-white paint scheme or something different? I could see this heavily weathered and done in dark grey or a camo pattern and look really cool.
Yes Doug the republic standard paintscheme in red/white. Imperial TIE Grey would be also cool but iīve chosen the red/white scheme.
Old 12-17-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb View Post
Great start Stefan----can't wait to see what you do with it!
Nothing special itīs just a fun project.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

You know.....this would be way better if those tie downs were functional...

Last edited by Road Warrior; 12-17-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
You know.....this would be way better if those tie downs were functional...
I think about it. I painted them with steel but functional tie downs would be cooler.

I started to paint and weather this steel beast. Oh man i love to do that!

Old 12-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Imperial

Paint looks great!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:35 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:31 AM

I got the troopers yesterday and they look pretty nice next to the tank. I think about it to make a little Diorama. What do you guys think? The Yodaīs Elite Troopers?

or the Troopers with Phase II Armor.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Imperial

Cool! Stefan, though I love the jungle/forest troopers Yoda had with him I think that you had better go with the phase 2 guys. Something tells me that tanks assigned to those elite woodland troops would has some green paint on them. Though, I could be wrong.

A diorama would rock by the way.....