Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 04-13-2010, 07:20 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God
Default A Sort Of Star Wars Twofer...

Greetings gang!
Right, got a couple unceremoniously thrown my way.
Hasbro SW legacy TIE fighter toy conversion and the...wreckage...for want of a better word, of a resin SS X-Wing fighter.

Well on with the silliness. Page 1's both so just the lead in to the sorry tales to be
TIE fighter:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipswltie.html

X-Wing:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipssxwing.html

Go easy people.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-323F.JPG (124.6 KB, 31 views)
And I have a fuckin' attitude.
Does that count?

Last edited by Raytheon; 08-22-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 AM

3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold3D-builder is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A Sort Of Star Wars Twofer...

Cool will be interesting to watch you work
with what you have, and see how much better
you can make it.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:23 PM

Guy Cowen has disabled reputation

He'll make it look stunning Mike, always does.

Ian, you really need to stop chewing your work bench there's not much left.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:35 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Ian Lawrence Models = ILM!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:44 PM

Qrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of lightQrest Fourstar is a glorious beacon of light

The x certainly looks like a Captain cardboard.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:07 PM
acceptus est impugnatio

Raytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati GodRaytheon Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D-builder View Post
Cool will be interesting to watch you work
with what you have, and see how much better
you can make it.
Always try to do me best with what I've got Michael...how it works out in the end is another matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Cowen View Post
He'll make it look stunning Mike, always does.
That friend Guy, remains to be seen. It'll behave itself in the end true enough but wether it'll look as it should do, we shall see mate
Quote:

Ian, you really need to stop chewing your work bench there's not much left.
It's the food that keeps on giving...especially when you spend the next few hours picking the bits from between ya teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Ian Lawrence Models = ILM!

ILM indeed my feline friend.
Impossibly Loony Modeler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrest Fourstar View Post
The x certainly looks like a Captain cardboard.
I do belive you are correct, certainly looks like one from pics I have seen of the castings Scott did. Not a bad wee bestie.

Well now, had a good yak with the individual who is going to have these two sitting on his shelving and for the X-Wing, plan is as follows:
Specific X-Wing markings, told me to do whatever I wish.
Lighting for cockpit and engines, re-chargable batteries onboard
Finishing details, anything I like.
Told me to make it look as battered as possible. Differing panel colours/raw metals, battle damage, the works.

So agreed that it would be Red whatever number and no need to stick to whatever accepted scheme that number from Red Squadron has, a panel or three missing, rents, dents, scratches, bangs, dings, worn paint and just filthy as hell.

In short, build and paint as I see fit. Sorted

Well did a bit of paintwork on the X-Wing pilot so update time:
http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/wipssxwing2.html

Didn't come out too badly.

Go easy all!
Does that count?
Old 04-14-2010, 12:27 PM

Crash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to beholdCrash&Bern is a splendid one to behold

^^^^^^

:notwo rthy:
That's all I've got say
Old 04-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

yeah - that's a great pilot
Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Man! The pilots face looks like real! Great paintjob! I love the helmet!
But I think the orange of the suit looks a little bit dead. Or a thousand times too much washed.
The rebels should change their detergent to one with more color protection.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:52 PM

Hectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to beholdHectors House is a splendid one to behold

That pilot certainly looks better than the Red II ILM miniature, as that pilot a sort of dirty red colour with a bikers helmet on.

Yep looks like Cap cardboard; its the engine detail.
Nice one Ian.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:11 AM

ModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant futureModelMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raytheon View Post
...In short, build and paint as I see fit. Sorted
Now that's a commission I would love to have! building is a chore w/o creative freedom.

Quite excellent on the pilot. As with all your builds, I'll be using yours as a master reference for when I get my CC-X underway.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

This is going to be fun to watch....AGAIN!

Mike
Old 04-15-2010, 10:43 AM
acceptus est impugnatio

I thank ya fellas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackcore View Post
*snip
But I think the orange of the suit looks a little bit dead. Or a thousand times too much washed.
The rebels should change their detergent to one with more color protection.
Stefan, you got it in one about the colour washout
It will fit in with just how beaten up this thing will end up being. Sorta ship worn out, pilot also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectors House View Post
That pilot certainly looks better than the Red II ILM miniature, as that pilot a sort of dirty red colour with a bikers helmet on.

Yep looks like Cap cardboard; its the engine detail.
Nice one Ian.
Ta Gary, I know what ya mean about the pilot in the studio miniature.
We all know why some were built and painted the way they were and much kudos to the guys and gals of ILM but eventual owner of this monstrosity loves the design and the models but he is not one to tolerate the 'full on' studio scale thing.
If I tried to build him say, an SS TIE with the grey primer splattered harrier pilot in the cockpit with a metal bar running through it, he'd ask for his money back and I manure you not.

To a degree I feel the same way but each to thier own so fair play to those who re-create the miniatures as exact as they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMan View Post
Now that's a commission I would love to have! building is a chore w/o creative freedom.

Quite excellent on the pilot. As with all your builds, I'll be using yours as a master reference for when I get my CC-X underway.
Good thing about this client, he does give me a fair bit of latitude. Then again i've been knocking stuff together for him for a shade over 15 years so I got a fair idea of what he want's...well generally anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
This is going to be fun to watch....AGAIN!

Mike
Another use of the word 'fun' I may not be aware of...

Well been having a fiddle about with the TIE. The truncated conical bit on the back of the studio model...this bit:

Is in need of a wee bit of a rework on the toy. It looketh like this:

So a bit of additional stuff for depth and close up the diameter of the middle flat bit. Enter the resin nugget and lathe.

I'll make a new backplate and the black hexagonal bit in the middle will be a seperate black faced bit connected to the push switch for the lighting. Just seemed the best way to hide it and make the detailing work for me...for a change

Also had a bugger about with the front window. The toy part:

And after a bit of faffing around from yours truly and some dangerous sharp impliments being waved at it:

Some cleaning up and a few of the holes are out of alignment that need to be shifted but it's a start.

What a performance eh?
Go easy gang!
Does that count?
Old 04-16-2010, 01:58 AM

cosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud ofcosmic_x has much to be proud of

I have one on these TIE's, very interested to see what you gonna do with it!
how did you manage to remove the canopy?
Old 04-16-2010, 02:09 AM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_x View Post
I have one on these TIE's, very interested to see what you gonna do with it!
how did you manage to remove the canopy?
TNT!!!