Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 05-14-2008, 01:49 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Love. That. U-Boat.

Never had much interest in the later Mk 7's until I saw these pics.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:16 PM
On Vacation

fokkerpilot has disabled reputation

An update from Glenn at Last Pacific Creations. [ I'm posting for him as he
has difficulty trying to get his computer to cooperate with the internet ]

"This was a real start from scratch job! I had no round stock to work with so I made my own by taking plastic from some saved trees that I keep on hand and found some that were close to the size I need. I placed that in my drill using coarse sandpaper and removed all the lumps. Then I took a piece of 3/16 copper tubing and placed the tubing over the plastic and taped downwards. The end result was a perfectly uniformed 1/8 rod. I then heated the rods and made 90 degree turns. Using a micro saw, I cut the assembly to size. The flanges are made from 1/32 card stock" Glenn .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg U-249-SCHNORKEL-INDUCTION-M.jpg (74.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 05-18-2008, 08:43 PM

Captain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to beholdCaptain Han Solo is a splendid one to behold

Very good Build.

I love U-Boats!!

Regards
Beatlepaul
Old 05-18-2008, 11:58 PM

lastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you. Hear are some photos of the modification done to the deck and the lower part of the Bridge, to show how she U-249 looked by wars end.The pipe on the lower starbord side of the conn is the Schnorkel Induction Manafold .Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg U-249 bridge 001.jpg (587.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 bridge 006.jpg (607.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 bridge 007.jpg (599.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 bridge 009.jpg (622.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 bridge 008.jpg (589.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 bridge 010.jpg (606.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 bridge 012.jpg (593.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 bridge 022.jpg (653.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 bridge 029.jpg (628.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 SCHNORKEL INDUCTION MANAFOLD 007.jpg (621.6 KB, 46 views)
Old 05-19-2008, 12:17 AM

lastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of lightlastpacific is a glorious beacon of light

Hear is a photo of the conn before modification. Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg U-BOAT V11C-41 RIGGING 3 004.jpg (622.5 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-28-2008, 08:14 PM

Hear are some up dated photos of the U-249 build,I'm now working on the 37mm and 20mm guns instaling the flash suppressors, for you sub boys enjoy Glenn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg u249 005.jpg (603.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg u249 009.jpg (627.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg u249 006.jpg (634.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg u249 017.jpg (607.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg ENGINE TELEGRAPH DIAL VOICE TUBE AND COMPAS 001.jpg (628.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg ENGINE TELEGRAPH DIAL VOICE TUBE AND COMPAS 004.jpg (643.9 KB, 39 views)
Old 05-29-2008, 03:55 AM
On Vacation

fokkerpilot has disabled reputation

Ausgezeichneter arbeits herr Admiral
Old 05-29-2008, 11:21 AM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Last Pacific,
As a fan of U-Boats it's a joy to behold the detail you are lavishing on this build! This one has gotta be stunning when completed!

Thanks for sharing your craftsmanship here!

Don
Old 05-29-2008, 05:28 PM

Thank you very much Don.I just finnished making and instaling the flash suppressors on the 20mm and the 37mm deck guns, enjoy Glenn
Old 05-29-2008, 07:29 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

DarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati GodDarthDuck Resin Illuminati God

Glenn,
Ooooh! Highly detailed guns always set a 'great build' apart from the pack! Luvin' it! Just keep the goodies coming and post the pics as often as you can! I'll be eating it up as you go!

Don
Old 06-10-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDuck View Post
Glenn,
Ooooh! Highly detailed guns always set a 'great build' apart from the pack! Luvin' it! Just keep the goodies coming and post the pics as often as you can! I'll be eating it up as you go!

Don
Thank's Don, here are some more up dated photos of the U-249 build the 3.7mm and the 20mm AA guns, and the FPR-DF loop antenna, some hand grabs as well. enjoy, Glenn
Old 06-15-2008, 08:16 PM
...By the power of Grayskull

Raist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati GodRaist3001 Resin Illuminati God

Glen, absolutely amazing my friend. That shadow of yours sure is big

Old 06-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Banned

REL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati GodREL Resin Illuminati God

Fantastic work on that, very impressive.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:09 PM

Thank you Tony & Rel I'm all most done with the build end of it, soon the painting.How dose the saying go you haft to brake some eggs to make a cake. I broke some eggs alright, wile working on one of the gun decks one of the rudders fell off and I rolled over it with the office chair !%$#@!*& a small set back rebuilt the rudder and cutting glass lenz's for the marker lights
Attached Images
File Type: jpg U-249 OUCH 001.jpg (628.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 OUCH 002.jpg (625.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 OUCH 003.jpg (597.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 OUCH REBUILD 003.jpg (688.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 MARKER LIGHT LENZ 008.jpg (702.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 MARKER LIGHT LENZ 003.jpg (710.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 HAND RAIL AND SAFETY CABLES AND NEW LOOP 013.jpg (645.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 HAND RAIL AND SAFETY CABLES AND NEW LOOP 001.jpg (602.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 jack staff 003.jpg (680.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 jack staff 002.jpg (548.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg U-249 elc con 011.jpg (549.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-19-2008, 10:54 PM
FOUNDING FATHER

^
Your fantastic efforts continue as does my anticipation for more!

Kudos,
Don