Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 05-09-2008, 06:49 PM

rider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati Godrider Resin Illuminati God

I would doubt it, no one has the patent on spaceship flyby's. It more likely goes back to editing and pacing.

Having seen some out takes (especially the alternate one where Zac bites it), I would guess lots of fx footage was shot. But in introing the ship, they stuck mostly with the upper views so you can better establish it I guess, and budgetary reasons kept the repeat footage of said shots going. (I think a lot of the 'unused' footage made it's way into the series as it progressed).

As this was a one off 'tv movie' they could at least utilize this long play time to service the credits. But anyway, whatever the reason, it's nice that it exists and is not rotting away in a film can somewhere.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Here are a few more caps, not 'Mission' specific FX shots though. Very cool anyway. CGI sucks!

Mike, Oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NDVD_179.jpg (212.1 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_190.jpg (222.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_187.jpg (276.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_191.jpg (285.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_192.jpg (235.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_195.jpg (219.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_197.jpg (233.7 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_198.jpg (208.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_202.jpg (186.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_204.jpg (191.1 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_214.jpg (249.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_217.jpg (231.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_219.jpg (233.5 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_221.jpg (224.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_232.jpg (220.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_264.jpg (229.6 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by LastBattlestar; 05-10-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Count Baltar

birdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of All

Mike,

Nice caps Mike.

What episodes is the caps of the Galactica shuttle and Cylon Raiders from?

I would love to see a Galactica movie with all the original Battlestar models. I know it will never happen with everyone doing cgi but it sure would be nice to see the old girl fly one more time. It don't hurt to dream.

If they couldn't get Gary's model maybe they could use yours Mike. Im sure it would look great on the big screen sailing among the stars with the rag tag fleet behind it.

Thanks for the caps and letting us see the progress on the wonderful Galactica model your building Mike.

Mark
Old 05-10-2008, 04:37 PM
SUPATRPR"littering&..."

belleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud of

Any chance for more of the Shuttle? I'm a shuttle whore, and that pic showed that even the Mireki Replica isn't complete, the part on the front I've never seen that clear a shot of before.

ALL good stuff, and thanks for taking the time to post it . . .

Ryan
Old 05-10-2008, 05:12 PM

OTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant futureOTIST has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleauwood View Post
Any chance for more of the Shuttle? I'm a shuttle whore, and that pic showed that even the Mireki Replica isn't complete, the part on the front I've never seen that clear a shot of before.

Ryan
Miareckis' shuttle is correct, what you're seeing is a variation of the front mounting point cover. I have shots showing both versions.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

More cool stuff, not much else on the shuttle though.

This one shows the pre- 8Rad turret detail on the main body top. I think there is a Gepard part with a large battleship turret, maybe Yamato, behind it.

This is interesting: you can just see the outline of an orange halogen bulb, showing that the fire effects were achieved on a separate photographic pass, the exposure hiding all the messy wires that would have been taped to the model.

Just....cool....

Mike, Oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NDVD_269.jpg (284.6 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_268.jpg (223.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_256.jpg (159.9 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_262.jpg (222.1 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_254.jpg (203.8 KB, 117 views)
Old 05-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Count Baltar

birdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of Allbirdtree Overlord Master of All

Awesome pics. What episode or movie did the first picture come from.

Mark
Old 05-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

The pic of the Galactica over the planet was in 'Mission', but probably seen in 'Living Legend'.

Some more...

Mike, Oz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NDVD_255.jpg (212.7 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_250.jpg (184.6 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_248.jpg (183.6 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_267.jpg (215.3 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_245.jpg (172.8 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg NDVD_217.jpg (231.9 KB, 114 views)
Old 05-11-2008, 06:02 AM
Eats Roots,Shoots and Leaves

Wombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati GodWombat Resin Illuminati God

Real nice screencaps of the Beastie Badass Battlestar Mike!

She sure is one bloody big beastie in real life too!

Phil
Old 05-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Count Baltar

Great pics Mike.

Mark
Old 05-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Bringing good things to life

ShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond reputeShowCraft has a reputation beyond repute

Nice choices for screen caps Mike. Those horizontal views give the G a great sense of presence and make her look quite menacing.

Jim C
Old 05-11-2008, 10:27 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

No worries Jim, glad to oblige. The Battlestar design looks good from any filming angle, unlike a few other famous starship designs, doesn't it.

Yikes- your message made me realise that I'm still at the bench at nearly 2am Monday morning... That's what it takes to build one of these monsters I guess.

I still owe you an email, Jim. Also, can we get a look at your Galactica work in progress?

Puh-leeeeese?

Mike, Oz
Old 05-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Member at large

Base Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleauwood View Post

Ryan

Yes, Jon is correct. They made a seperate cover to represent the Pegasus shuttle. Note the GAL is masked out. The same base model. Only the front mount point cover was changed.

I had to fall, to lose it all.
But in the end, It doesn't even matter.
I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go.
For all this, There's only one thing you should know....
Old 05-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Cromulentum Perfectum

Sean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati GodSean C Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
More cool stuff, not much else on the shuttle though.

This one shows the pre- 8Rad turret detail on the main body top. I think there is a Gepard part with a large battleship turret, maybe Yamato, behind it.
The Gepard part is #D13 on Starboard, #D14 on Port. The turret is from the Heller Dunkerque kit, part #25.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:31 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Anyone know why that detail area on the G was changed? Seems like a pointless mod to me?

Mike, Oz