Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 01-23-2013, 02:31 PM

Florjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to beholdFlorjon is a splendid one to behold
Default Advise needed, Kazon Fighter

Hi all

To practice on my airbrushing skills I have decided to build a fairly cheap kit.
The Kazon Fighter.
Im going to be honost here... i REALLY liked building this one.
This was much more fun then i anticipated and also the weathering and airbrusing went smoother then i expected.
Now that the kit is almost complete i'm beginning to have some second thoughts about the decisions i took.
First of all.. i should've detailed it! That would've really brought the kit to life.
Second decision i took was that i did not light it.

So what to do now.. just slab the decals on it and be done with it.. or try to save some and drill a couple of holes for the windows and stick a brigth led from under the kit?

What would you do?
Sorry about quality of pics, they are taken with my phone at night under the table light...
Will take better ones ofcourse when i'm done with it. These photos really don't bring out the details in paint which you can see with the bare eye.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130123_221424.jpg (329.6 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
One-trek Mind

Trekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati GodTrekriffic Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Advise needed, Kazon Fighter

That looks really good! If you wanted to light it I woudl suggest drilling some holes for windows and inserting a short length of acrylic rod flush into each hole with the hull. The acrylic rod will pick really light up nice and bright. Your light source could be a 3 or 5MM Superbright white LED mounted on a brass tube inserted in a wooden base. The LED woudl be mounted in some type of collar made from styrene tubing that inserts into another piece of tubing mounted in a hole in the underside of the ship. You could take a short length of the same size tubing you have glued into the model and use it as a stop; slide it down over the LED stand collar far enough so that the model tube slides down over the LED collar until it butts up against it. Sadly, you'd have to ditch the kit stand.

"I'm afraid the guilty party is in for a very severe punishment."

Last edited by Trekriffic; 01-23-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Ne Jabba no Barter

JediPuju will become famous soon enoughJediPuju will become famous soon enoughJediPuju will become famous soon enough

These can be had so cheap I would get another one - light it and try out some other techniques. Why not!?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 AM

VolcanoLogic New face in the crowd

I agree, you did an excellent job with this. I wasn't too keen on the Kazon themselves, but I have to admit, I did like the design and look of their ships... this one kind of reminds me of a flea, lol. Nice job!