Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 07-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God
Default Esci 1/72 M60A2 "Starship"

A failed experiment from the 70s. They tried to combine the gun/missile launcher from the sheridan with the M-60. the end result was a weird tank that worked about as well if not a little worse than the Sheridan tank did.

The model im making is based on the old but still good ESCI kit. It has some hallmarks of older 1/72 kits like solid road wheels with no split down the middle. and tracks with no guide teeth. These problems can be overcome. I have started detailing the turret and searchlight. The light on teh real tank has what seems to be a slide over metal cover on teh front for the lense. I replicated this by wrapping the light in tape and painting Mr Surfacer on. Once the surfacer dried i removed the tape and a scale thickness layer effect was achieved. I then made a cover for the light out of thin foil. I will be making the wrinkled canvas mantlet cover out of aves. It is missing completely from teh kit as is the canvas boot on teh commanders 50 cal.

I also replaced teh kits gun tube for one without a bore evacuator and have made the necessary CBSS bulge on the rear of the tank. CBSS Stands for closed breech scavenge system. I believe it was some way of removing leftover propellant gasses from the gun tube before reopening the breech to reload. The CBSS bulge was added to fit the compressor equipment in the tank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg models 102.jpg (3.30 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg models 103.jpg (3.28 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg models 104.jpg (4.12 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg models 105.jpg (3.80 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg models 106.jpg (3.67 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg models 107.jpg (3.67 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg models 108.jpg (3.72 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg models 109.jpg (3.65 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg models 110.jpg (3.21 MB, 7 views)
Old 07-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Esci 1/72 M60A2 "Starship"

Suspension is sorted out. I have added a groove to the center of the road wheels to make them look like the double wheel the real tank has and not a solid wheel. I also added the track support rings to the drive sprocket and mud/debris relief holes.

The next big step is to take many slices of tiny U channel and add them to the inside face of the track to replicate the split guide horns on the tank. The U channel isnt 100% correct in shape but it will look the part once paint is applied and its installed on the tank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg models 111.jpg (4.30 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg models 112.jpg (4.59 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg models 113.jpg (4.30 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg models 114.jpg (4.82 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg models 115.jpg (4.23 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg models 116.jpg (3.12 MB, 3 views)
Old 07-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Shit got real.

track installed as well as the turret baskets. A few more details to add still then its on to paint! Real question is do i make it solid forest green like initially issued or make it in MERDC like the other M-60
Attached Images
File Type: jpg models 124.jpg (2.65 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg models 125.jpg (2.73 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg models 126.jpg (2.69 MB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg models 127.jpg (2.56 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg models 128.jpg (2.85 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg models 129.jpg (2.40 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg models 130.jpg (2.75 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg models 131.jpg (2.81 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg models 132.jpg (2.70 MB, 7 views)
Old 07-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Shit got real.

And here it is ready for paint. im giving it a final look over before i decide on paint. I dont like MASSTER camo maybe another MERDC like the A3. Possibly a straight up forest green like they were initially issued in.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Shit got real.

well teh image uploader is fucking up. Ill try again later
Old 08-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Shit got real.

lets try uploading this shit again.

YAY it fuckin worked!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg models 133.jpg (3.27 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg models 134.jpg (3.29 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg models 135.jpg (3.31 MB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg models 136.jpg (2.90 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg models 137.jpg (2.48 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg models 138.jpg (2.72 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg models 139.jpg (2.89 MB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg models 140.jpg (2.91 MB, 9 views)
Old 08-07-2012, 11:18 PM

Lord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati GodLord Darth Beavis Resin Illuminati God

Do it in a WhIf desert scheme. Imagine the looks on all the rivet-counters faces.

That looks several dozen times better than my attempt from 25 years ago.

Please consider making a donation to Shriner's Hospitals For Children.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

I like your 'A2 a lot - great attention to detail(s). The 'A2 gets little love in the modeling and real tanker community. When I was more active in giving tours at the museum, I spent a little more time talking about the 'A2 than other more "popular" vehicles in the collection.

I built the old Tamiya 'A2 some time ago and finished it in the woodland camo scheme. I liked the way it came out. One of "Alvin"'s crew members saw it on my site and sent me an email complimenting it - he felt I did his old ride justice. I was stoked.

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

... Cry Havoc and let slip the Pastels of War! ...
Old 08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Shit got real.

Thanks man. I have decals for "Alvin" I just am not aware of the signifigance of the vehicle. It seems popular for some reason. As long as "Alvin" wore the brown and green winter verdant MERDC scheme ill use it. If it was a MASSTER vehicle forget it. I hate MASSTER schemes.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Olive Drab is Sexy

Gunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati GodGunnie Resin Illuminati God

I'm not aware of any particular historical significance to "Alvin" other than it was the only 'A2 color drawing plate in the old Squadron Signal book on the M60 that had a crew nickname. It's been around for so long, many modelers recognize it.

The former crew member who contacted me seemed a little bemused about the popularity of "Alvin" too.

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios
Museum Associate Curator - Supervisory, Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (MVTF), Portola Valley, California

Old 08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Shit got real.

after a quick search it seems Alvin wore MERDC. So my tank will be wearing the markings it came with.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Olive Drab is Sexy

For grins and giggles - here's mine from 2002...

These are the only pics I have. I remember at the time I was more concerned about the camo scheme more than anything else, as I wanted something I could park on my office desk. I should have done it in 1:72 scale - as in 1:35 it's big and cumbersome. One day I'd like to revisit the 'A2...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Alvin1.jpeg (67.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpeg Alvin2.jpeg (63.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpeg Alvin3.jpeg (49.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg Alvin4.jpeg (56.6 KB, 6 views)

Jim Lewis
GunTruck Studios