Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Military

Military Military WIPs

Old 07-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I Am Sofa King We Todd Ed

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future
Default Polish Leopard 2A-PWL

Hey Guys! I decided to build this for my father , his father (my grandfather) fought against the Nazi, and then Soviet invasion toward the end of WW2. He was part of a Polish Underground Army anti-armor division.. My grandfather enjoyed talking about tanks and had just about every book about them. He did often tell me how superior the German tanks were to the Soviets.. He always hoped to see Americans troops with their Shermans, but that never happened... Hope you enjoy it. Constructive criticism is appreciated!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1007 (1).jpg (87.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-25_15-30-22_628.jpg (1.43 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-26_00-43-45_707.jpg (1.24 MB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-03-26_00-43-57_438.jpg (1.07 MB, 24 views)

Last edited by mackjsm; 07-10-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:22 PM

Hackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond reputeHackcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Polish Leopard 2A-PWL

Very cool subject! I saw an Leo 2 in action at an Bundeswehr exhibition as i was kid. The sound is very impressive. I still can hear it.

If your Dad like german tanks build him an Kingtiger.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:57 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

One of the top 5 favourite tanks of mine! What kit is this btw?

B
Old 07-10-2012, 01:41 PM

mackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant futuremackjsm has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackcore View Post
Very cool subject! I saw an Leo 2 in action at an Bundeswehr exhibition as i was kid. The sound is very impressive. I still can hear it.

If your Dad like german tanks build him an Kingtiger.
Great advice! Thanks!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
One of the top 5 favourite tanks of mine! What kit is this btw?

B
Agree.... It's HOBBYBOSS.. I also had to order decals for this version from Europe.

PS I just found this pic on line.. holy shit.. these German tanks OWN the battle.. look fierce.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leopard_2_A5_der_Bundeswehr.jpg (4.17 MB, 13 views)

Last edited by mackjsm; 07-10-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:55 PM

Default Polish Leopard 2A-PWL

OK .. got him painted in base color... camafloge and getting ready to do the weathering.. gonna make it muddy.. The tow line I had to do from scratch.. the original was horrible..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-04-08_15-00-46_962.jpg (1.19 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-04-08_15-00-53_687.jpg (1.15 MB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-06_20-13-46_890.jpg (1.35 MB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-19_20-42-03_522.jpg (1.10 MB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-19_21-02-58_519.jpg (1.12 MB, 9 views)
Old 07-11-2012, 02:04 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Ah, thanks! I am interested to get these HB Leopards sometimes down the road. As it is, your build is looking good, M!

B
Old 07-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

add some lengths of sprue inside the hull between the lower hull and engine deck. ALL Leopard 2 kits have a sag point just aft of the turret ring at the engine deck. You will see when you put the turret on that the rear of it hits the air intakes and radiators or comes real close.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Shit got real.

HWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati GodHWR MKII Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
Ah, thanks! I am interested to get these HB Leopards sometimes down the road. As it is, your build is looking good, M!

B
Build the tamiya one first. The HB kits are OK but require ALOT of work to even get to fit properly in some cases. I am still struggling through their Leopard 2A6M CAN kit and i have had it for a year.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
Build the tamiya one first. The HB kits are OK but require ALOT of work to even get to fit properly in some cases. I am still struggling through their Leopard 2A6M CAN kit and i have had it for a year.
Thanks, HWR! I was told the HB details are soft and in minor areas, not so accurate BUT I did not know the fitting is shit?

B

Edited: I forgot to say I got both the Tamiya Leopards but will finish both the Italeris first. Shoulda buy more of these when prices were reasonable. Stupid military kit prices today is ridiculous!

Last edited by Boxster; 07-26-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWR MKII View Post
add some lengths of sprue inside the hull between the lower hull and engine deck. ALL Leopard 2 kits have a sag point just aft of the turret ring at the engine deck. You will see when you put the turret on that the rear of it hits the air intakes and radiators or comes real close.
Damn.. I'm screwed.. because I'm pretty much done.. I got 2 to 3 hours of work left. And yes the parts don't all fit perfectly.. the hull was a bitch!!! Here is some pics..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-05-28_14-45-34_850.jpg (1.33 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-28_14-48-51_87.jpg (1.05 MB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-05-28_14-49-35_783.jpg (1.07 MB, 14 views)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Shit got real.

you can still add it. Just take the turret off and install the sprue through the turret hole. Its best to do it after the hull is glued together anyway since it can help you get the height right.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 PM

OK I'm done with this bitch.. will be posing asap.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Shit got real.

HURRY UP!