Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 12-03-2007, 07:01 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holy Crap!

golly gee willikers...you guys will never guess what showed up in the mail today, and I have yet to find out who sent it...I got the 1/48 Eagle from space 1999, the lab pod version! wow, some friggen awesome secret Santa Christmas gift! if it was anyone here, thankyou thankyou thankyou!

now, I wanna get my current comission done so I can build this thing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RUbox.jpg (53.7 KB, 97 views)
displaying member of http://www.avenuewestgallery.org/
www.moorcatarts.com

Last edited by R L Bleecker; 12-04-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

I've looked at it and it's nice.... it came from FedMods and it's 1/48th scale. About 2 feet long.

Who makes that again? Replica-something??

Eagle1?? Rob, you know of this kit?
Old 12-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Pissin 'em off since :1999

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Hey,

Yes, there is a kit from Replica's Unlimited. It's a bit larger than 1/48 scale though. It's out of proportion from any of the actual scale sizes used for the series.

The sizes for the series were 44" (1/24-ish), 22" (1/48-ish), 11" (196-ish), a 5.5" (1/192-ish) and a 3" (?-ish) versions. Like many of the shows of old, they went more by the sizes in length than the scales, especially where there were kits available for bashing in several different scales, as close as possible in detail.

AB Models has come the closest, so far, for studio scaled accuracy. They produced a 44" kit and a 22" kit of the Eagle several years ago.

Moorcat, there was only one "labpod" version ever produced in kit form at a "1/48" size. That was the Replica's Unlimited 23" kit. The "standard pod" version of that kit is what the Product Enterprise 23" "Collector's Eagle" is patterned directly off of. It's nowhere near studio accurate, but......

"Thank you" is right! Sandy Claws likes you.

Rob.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:33 PM
the many faces one

Moorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond reputeMoorcat has a reputation beyond repute

eh, its close enough for me to 1/48 (printed on the box), and it is a sci fi kit...so its anyone guess since it doesnt have a real life prototype to go n measure. I already have plans *rubs paws together* the cockpit module is hollow....*evil laugh* can you say scratchbuilt cockpit? Im even considering lighting...this thing is just so awesome...and huge...and I still dunno who sent it to me.
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 12-04-2007, 04:04 AM

Eagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati GodEagle-1 Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorcat View Post
I already have plans *rubs paws together* the cockpit module is hollow....*evil laugh* can you say scratchbuilt cockpit? Im even considering lighting...
Then this may help!

Yes, it certainly is a nice gift. Don't get me wrong with all them "stats" I spewed forth earlier. Neither here nor there, just stating.

Rob.

Last edited by Eagle-1; 12-04-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:36 AM
Goldmember

R L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati GodR L Bleecker Resin Illuminati God

Those are either really tiny seats or that's a big door! I don't know my Eagles that well, but it seems like a lot of wasted space in there...
Old 12-04-2007, 05:03 AM

Naw, it's the seats that are too small. By the time you get the backwall on, there's no room left for seats at all, so to have seats you can see through the windows, I had to make 'em a little small. The door is about right. I started not to put seats at all just to have a backwall. I made the seats seperate from the master so they could be "optional" (see the mounting stub). The side walls roll around so close to those seats, they would have to have been cut almost in half at the seat to get bigger ones in there. That woulda been ok to do to, since it turns out you can't really see a lot through the windows once everything is buttoned up anyway. It started out just backwall. The seats were last minute......

Plus, that was 6 years ago. The seats were still young then. They've had time to grow some since.

Rob.

PS. Here's a picture of an RU box for the title page.

Last edited by Eagle-1; 12-04-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

You are a lucky, LUCKY Man indeed!

"Choose to have a good day!" Michael J. Fox
Old 12-04-2007, 12:36 PM
the many faces one

heh, OOT was teasing me last night cause I couldt keep my paws out of the box...I was already scrounging parts and sanding the flight module. I has a 1/48 fully suited astronaught...
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 12-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Kuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati GodKuhn Global Resin Illuminati God

LOLOLOLOL... that is funny! Well... we are kids at heart... and it's Christmas time! LOLOLOLOL

Ya know? We may have to talk about this beastie!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:18 AM
the many faces one

studing this kit...its a wonderful design, I can do as much as I want to without tying up my bench for months...by building one module at a time. when they are all complete, just pin everything together. one reason I always loved these ships, they look like they really could exist, and prolly should have followed the Apollo LEMs into service. just a matter of a few pins and reconnect plumbing and wiring, and you have reconfigured the ship for a different mission.
www.moorcatarts.com
Old 12-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Blue Screen Mad Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorcat View Post
one reason I always loved these ships, they look like they really could exist, and prolly should have followed the Apollo LEMs into service. just a matter of a few pins and reconnect plumbing and wiring, and you have reconfigured the ship for a different mission.
EXACTLY!!! They really seem as if they were an extension of the existing space program! I think that is why I like them so much! Good Call!