Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-02-2018, 09:09 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350 U.S.S. Miranda Refit - Star Trek Reliant Conversion

Fantastic! Can't wait to tune in!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 08-03-2018, 09:10 PM
the Vinyl Frontier

Aztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond repute

first episode is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXuxRdWWEzU&t=22s
it starts with me finishing another project then goes to the Reliant
Old 08-04-2018, 10:17 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztek Dummy View Post
first episode is up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXuxRdWWEzU&t=22s
it starts with me finishing another project then goes to the Reliant
Merciful God, THANK YOU-- this is a fantastic assembly guide for DonS's magnum-opus.

What epoxy are you using to hold the saucer parts to the resin blockhouse?

-SF
Old 08-09-2018, 08:45 AM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Nice job Lou!

All that cutting----you're a brave man.....

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 08-12-2018, 02:07 PM
the Vinyl Frontier

Aztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond reputeAztek Dummy has a reputation beyond repute

all epoxies are Loctite 1 minute or 5 minute epoxy

here's the second thrilling chapter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Y54YSvFXU
Old 08-18-2018, 05:55 AM
the Vinyl Frontier

part three is up
"how to keep your nacelles straight"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW2m...re=em-comments
Old 08-25-2018, 03:59 PM
the Vinyl Frontier

and 4.
This week I start painting the azteks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe0u...re=em-comments
Old 08-25-2018, 05:09 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

I love these. More please!
Old 08-30-2018, 09:00 AM
Shipwright

Lord_Schtupp New face in the crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCI-FI View Post
I love these. More please!
I second this Mr. Aztec I have done some searching for an aztec-ing procedure without success with a mind towards what a TOS-TMP transition aztec pattern might look like (more primitive i would imagine). I mean I think I have it figured out how its done with everything that Ive seen but still would like to see a complete procedure if anyone knows of one

Lord Schtupp @ Deviant Art

Last edited by Lord_Schtupp; 08-30-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:34 PM
the Vinyl Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Schtupp View Post
I second this Mr. Aztec I have done some searching for an aztec-ing procedure without success with a mind towards what a TOS-TMP transition aztec pattern might look like (more primitive i would imagine). I mean I think I have it figured out how its done with everything that Ive seen but still would like to see a complete procedure if anyone knows of one
I took a crack at this
http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Classic...y-_p_2633.html

as for the subject at hand, I've locked down the top of the Reliant and I'm currently tackling the nacelles
Attached Images
File Type: jpg topside.jpg (112.3 KB, 29 views)
Old 09-01-2018, 05:27 PM
Large Member

DonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, that looks great, Lou! No wonder so many people are contacting me about a reissue of the kit.

Or visit my CG gallery: www.eclectric-fx.com
Old 09-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Humble Aspirant

Related question for Lou: when are you releasing a mask set for the 1/350th Reliant?
Old 09-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Shipwright

Lord_Schtupp New face in the crowd

Quote:
Yes that looks really nice, thanks for the link!

Quote:
as for the subject at hand, I've locked down the top of the Reliant and I'm currently tackling the nacelles
Magnificent work thus far is all I can say

Lord Schtupp @ Deviant Art
Old 09-09-2018, 11:37 AM
Humble Aspirant

Lou's videos are so informative, I subscribed to his YT channel, and bought my first Aztek Dummy set -- 1/537 Reliant Aztek set, which I will use as a practice project before I attempt the "azteking" on my 1/350 Reliant....

Of course, I need a 1/350 Reliant aztek set for that...

Last edited by SCI-FI; 09-09-2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:48 AM
the Vinyl Frontier

Thanks for the kind words, guys...

part 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrICBnP27Q&t=159s

part 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMzIvE-tkSw

I'm really close to the finish line.
I've asked Don to put out the word when I have a template set ready for sale. right now it's estimated at 35.00 and will include everything you saw in the videos. I just need to nail down the quantities ( like how many windows are needed etc...) and it'll be ready to go