Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-05-2011, 09:37 PM

hicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Did you construct the landing gear bays or did you buy them in kit form?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:58 PM

hicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura abouthicks7120 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhs View Post
Well, here's where she is as of tonight. I got the stripes sanded off and re-did the paint job around them. It looks better with just the camouflage pattern and without the stripes.

After that the decals and a pin wash on the panel lines went on. Most of the decals just disappear into the pattern especially with the clear backing on them. I guess that's a good thing actually if you wanted the camo to be functional.

I didn't post the bottom before but I did a false cockpit pattern on the bottom. I saw this on an example photo of digi camo on a fighter jet. Thought it was a good idea but not sure it would fool a cylon....

-Doug

I'd love to know how u did that paint job it's incredible
Old 08-05-2011, 10:35 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicks7120 View Post
Did you construct the landing gear bays or did you buy them in kit form?
I constructed the landing gear bay, yes. However, when I finish the build, I'm throwing the bays and the landing gears themselves into the trash can because they're so shittily molded as to be unusable.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:42 AM

Excellent build I am just starting to do weathering and havent obtained proficiency yet
Old 08-06-2011, 04:13 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicks7120

I'd love to know how u did that paint job it's incredible
Thanks. I mapped out the pattern with the help of some sample graphics that were posted in the reference section here on RI and used tons of tiny squares of masking tape. it was quite tedious. Progress pics are here http://www.hanshortes.com/dbhsmodeler/VRIGBdiary.htm
Old 08-12-2011, 11:07 PM

Paciffier will become famous soon enoughPaciffier will become famous soon enoughPaciffier will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

I have not posted any thing to contribute do to a langthy move and job change. Man, moving sucks ass!!

But here's the really bad news: One of my storage units was broken in to. With the things that were stolen were, my P.O.S. DXG digital camera/video camera/mp3 player/audio recorder ("its a desert topping and a floor wax"), and all 5 of my airbrushes + both air brush compressers, and all my model weathering supllies.

the cam was just a 5 maggapixel, but good for 720p movies. Maybe worth 20$ at a pawn shop. But the airbrushes and supllies realy stings!!
Iv'e been waffling between suicidal and homacidle.

I had a Badger 350, I bought with paper route money when I was 10 (my first airbrush).
A Binks Wren-B (a realy nice brush with a cast-aluminum body, and a sharp nylon plastic "stinger") I bought when I was 12.
A Paasche H, and a Paasche VL (both were full sets with 3 tips and nozels). the Paasche H was a very well built single action brush. the Paasche VL was an awsome double action brush (I spent many hours polishing the needles so paint wold not stick to them).
The newest brush I had was a Sotar 20/20 , again with a polished "fine" needle.

So this is going to set me back on finishing my Viper, or posting pics of it or my manny other models.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:27 AM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

That sucks. I hope things get back on track for you. Don't the storage people have anything to say?
Old 08-13-2011, 07:29 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear about that, P! 777 brought up a good point tho.

B
Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 PM

Paciffier will become famous soon enoughPaciffier will become famous soon enoughPaciffier will become famous soon enough

Nope no insurance, and all I got was "that's happening a lot lately"
Old 08-13-2011, 10:00 PM

You won't beleive it (and this has nothing to do with our hobby) but, my car (an 87 honda prelude with 2500$ of Snap-on tools in the trunk and a 1500$ car stereo system)and truck (a 77 Ford F150 Ranger XLT with a bed full of building supplies) were both stolen fom my driveway that same week.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:09 PM

Well enough of the off topick!!

All the Vipers Iv'e seen here are simply AWSOME.

I will recover and I will post pics of What Iv'e done and become an active member of this board.

Are the squadron decals still available (its only been 2 years)????
Old 08-13-2011, 11:01 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

I think I still have the templates let me know what ur name/callsign/tail# would be

~Pete~
Old 08-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Not to scale

robn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of Allrobn1 Overlord Master of All

Holy crap Paciffier! Sounds like you're being targeted. I wouldn't be surprised if the thief is someone you know, or at least someone who has information about you.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:36 AM

Angry Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

Sorry more off topick/topik/topic?? (my P-touch spell checker just died)

Any way yes I know who is responsable and yes they knew I was out of town.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:34 AM

This is getting way far off topic but, the price for scrap metle is very high and those ass monkies knew I was gone, but didn't think I was coming back!!!