Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 03-12-2010, 10:31 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

Hey T, sent you another PM I'm working on getting you another set bud!

~Pete~
Old 03-12-2010, 04:27 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Sorry to hear that Talen.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Chef in Training

Talen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond reputeTalen has a reputation beyond repute

its all good..and thanks Peagis for replacing them, you didn't have to, you're awesome.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:05 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

No problem!

~Pete~
Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 PM

Location: A little hole in the south east of England named Essex
incrediblefruit is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, i've been following this thread for a while and picking up a lot of useful hints & tips (most of which i've tried and failed at) and decided to actually get my arse into gear and start my own Viper so here's where i've got so far: http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...per29-4-10.jpg and I found this site a while back which has been invaluable for reference and I apologise if someone else has already posted this link but here it is: http://www.cloudster.com/sets&vehicl...Top.htm#studio incredible work everyone and I hope you don't mind Daytona if I use your pics as a painting guide as it's an outstanding job you've done!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Looking good so far. It's nice to see some action back in this thread.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:07 AM

Yes, good stuff! Talon I havent forgotten about you either I've just been going crazy got laid off from work. You'd think I'd have the time and get some models built but oh noo.....

~Pete~
Old 04-28-2010, 11:11 AM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

I agree thats looking GOOD so far and i don't mind one bit if any of my pic's can help go for it.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:03 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Am I too late for this party?

I remember a year or 2 or maybe 3 back that this talk of a Viper group surfaced. I voiced my interest but one thing leads to another and here I am, now, recently just got my 7 Viper kits and working on the basic assemblies. That is the easy part.

Sanding the wings etc is a no brainer and the excess plastics on the intakes, that is a burden. Taxing on the eyes, fingers. I am working on not 1 Viper but 7, aye?

And the asshole parts for later which is the accurising of the areas of this kit to look passable as a studio model, I am still working on the sandings e.g, paragraph 2. I really hate sandings!

Without a workshop now, its a pain to spray anything. Therefore, my cockpits not even painted yet! Its going to be a long build for me but will be much faster than the studio scale AMT X-Wing because that kit got too many issues to handle. If you're still with me here, that means this GB's still going on.

B
Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 AM

Have at it! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

~Pete~
Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

Ah good! Will post some WIP piccies tomorrow. We ought to have a TOS Viper GB banner!

B
Old 06-23-2010, 07:00 AM

Welcome to the party Boxster!!

Can't wait to see your Viper!!
Old 06-23-2010, 07:29 AM

Hello 79 Daytona,

My progress on my 7 Vipers so far, sanded wings and vertical fins. Since I am on a budget, I can't buy 7 sets of the MMI intakes and therefore, I have to sand off the excess on the intakes myself, its easy works but my eyes aren't like what it used to be so more.

1 intake sanded but not final sanding yet and you can see from the pic below that is still rough, 6 more to go. Shit! I hated sandings, very very much!

After the intakes, I have to handle the rear end issue!

I haven't decide if I want to light up any but I know I want to build 3-4 as standard BSG colours while the rest, I will come up with some kustom paintjobs I am playing around with on paper right now.

I wish I bought more of this kit when they were still around, damn!

B
Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 PM

WOW!!! Great start it looks like you are making your own squadron.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Great to see some activity in here again. Do you have a special display or diorama in mind for all 7?