Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 08-14-2009, 07:37 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Group Build: BSG TOS Viper (Revellogram)

Thought you fella's might be interested in this. Particularly if you're like me and have an old, beat to crap Viper from your youth still in a box somewhere: TOS Colonial Viper replacement lasers. I ordered two sets on a Friday evening, they were shipped Saturday and I got them on Monday. The castings are crisp and devoid of any airbubbles. I've got two old Vipers which can use these and look forward to - one day - rebuilding them as regular Vipers instead of being forced to build them as C.O.R.A.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:05 AM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Great find Jeff!

~Pete~
Old 08-14-2009, 10:00 AM

shadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of All

Thank you very much mech. I agree with the composite shot, that would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
Shadownight, that Viper kicks ass. Love the lighting effects and the weathering.

We should do a composite shot of all these when they are all built up.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:08 AM
Battlestar Triton

Griffworks has disabled reputation

Oh, yeah! Sorry, meant to mention this in my post above - excellent frakkin' work on your frakkin' Viper, SK! Definitely work to which we should all aspire! Or at least me!

Old 08-14-2009, 04:01 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Composite shots would be COOL!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:44 PM

thunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati Godthunderbearr Resin Illuminati God

been covered up, no progress
Old 08-15-2009, 03:08 PM

79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God79 daytona Resin Illuminati God

Don't feel to bad thunderbearr between us moving in to a new house i have'nt had to much time to work on my but it is coming along and i should have an update soon.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:53 AM

sj385 is a name known to allsj385 is a name known to allsj385 is a name known to allsj385 is a name known to allsj385 is a name known to allsj385 is a name known to allsj385 is a name known to allsj385 is a name known to allsj385 is a name known to allsj385 is a name known to allsj385 is a name known to all

I havent worked on mine for a while either...Maybe tonight...
Old 08-16-2009, 12:38 PM

shadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of Allshadowknight Overlord Master of All

A few of you asked how I lit my cockpit.

First I drilled two holes in the right side of the cockpit the same diameter as the clear sprues that came with the kits clear parts. I then shaved off two pieced from the sprues, glued them in, painted them clear red, and added decals from the kit.

I then drilled holes in the cockpit for the colored fiber optics to sit in. I ran the fiber optics and glued them in.

After that, I painted the back of clear front display clear green and added the decal to the front.

Next built a wall to hold the LED that would be facing the front of the cockpit and glued tin foil in the areas where the cockpit would be sitting in.

Then I put the cockpit on and ran the LEDs.

That bundle of electrical tape behind the seat in this photo is the LED that was supposed to light the fiber optics, but I pulled a little to hard on it and the LED came out. So now the cockpit is being it my the single LED that is i the front.

Well, why this is not a "proper tutorial" I hope that it helps.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:53 PM

Cool!! thanks for the info Shadowknight.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:58 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Cool thanks SK!

~Pete~
Old 08-16-2009, 09:42 PM

No problem at all.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:07 PM
El Guapo

dbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of Alldbhs Overlord Master of All

Thanks for the info and picks SK. The foil seems like a great light-blocker.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhs View Post
Thanks for the info and picks SK. The foil seems like a great light-blocker.
It totally is! If I had to build this again, there would be foil under all the seems! Lesson learned!

Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 PM

Hello gang,

Well here's a small update, I did a little more work on the weathering and just about got the canopy done, soon i'll be starting on the pliot which iam not to good at.

As always thanks for looking.