Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > Works in Progress > Sci-Fi and Fantasy

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Sci-Fi and Fantasy WIPs

Old 10-25-2015, 05:52 PM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute
Default 1/350 TOS era Abbe-Class

Hi Gang:

During Wonderfest 2015 I decided to throw my hat into the 1/350 ring. I knew right away what I was going to build; a TOS version of the Abbe-Class Destroyer.

An actual size print of the 1/350 TOS era Abbe-class. To wrap my brain around the project I felt I needed to get an idea of the scale of the model.

The torp pod takes shape. Let's see how this goes.

I was not going to include a saucer mounted shuttle pad. I changed my mind.

It's a hard thing cutting into a $100 model. The landing pad graphic is based on the actual Sammy B helicopyer landing pad.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:17 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: 1/350 TOS era Abbe-Class

This is going to rock - that will be a great ship and she's got a fine name.

Carry on!
Old 10-25-2015, 06:29 PM
My ass is itchy...

Neb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati GodNeb Resin Illuminati God

Awesome Tom! Can't wait to see this baby take shape!

Now, even if I WERE to attend, y'all better keep them costume wearing types away from me. I don't like you model people. How I ever got hooked up with you geeks, I'll never know. I lived all this time, just to end up spending my days with fucking "Skill Level 3" and "Ages 8 and up".
--Eagle-1, the funniest bastard on Earth!
Old 10-25-2015, 06:46 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Wow.
Another build for me to be all envious about...
Looking forward to seeing your progress Tom.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:47 PM
It's gonna get real now.

The Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati GodThe Cat Resin Illuminati God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim NCC1701A View Post
Another build for me to be all envious about....

Looks like our 350th fleet will be taking WF '16 by storm!
Old 10-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Wow. Cool reinterpretation of the Abbe, and a nice start on the physical.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:31 PM
The Kiwi

Location: Out there. Thataway. New Zealand actually. The country Universal Studios left off their globe...
Jim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to beholdJim NCC1701A is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
Looks like our 350th fleet will be taking WF '16 by storm!
I think I've figured out why American pickup trucks are so big, it's for hauling 1/350 scales to WF...
Old 10-26-2015, 07:22 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

Just more to be inspired about! Looks awesome already - and it's just been started!!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 10-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Imperial

Road Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud ofRoad Warrior has much to be proud of

Awesome. Great to see all this 1/350 tos love going on around here!!!
Old 10-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Large Member

DonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of lightDonS is a glorious beacon of light

I love big models so this is right up my alley!

Or visit my CG gallery: www.eclectric-fx.com
Old 10-27-2015, 02:56 AM

Heavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond reputeHeavy Melder has a reputation beyond repute

Great idea! When will you be casting it up for the rest of us to buy?

And a suggestion- move the engines back some so the bussard collectors aren't under the saucer. Or was this a design change from the refit era Abbe? Any side views? Did you draw this yerself?

"This is how Admiral Okita fights."
Old 10-27-2015, 03:49 AM
Ridged For Her Pleasure

The Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Mad Klingon has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there Heavy:

Thanks for the kind words.

Casting huh? I'm not sure right now. I was going to try and light this thing and that really throws off how I typically construct a model.

Regarding the nacelle placement - I based the location on Jackill's illustration but the piece is fluid and may change.

The TOS Abbe design is mine and I did draw her. Here are the additional views you requested.

Last edited by The Mad Klingon; 10-27-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:06 AM

Tiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant futureTiberious has a brilliant future

I'm not much for TOS designs, but that is seexxyy!

http://thome216.imgur.com/

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z156/Thome216/
Old 10-27-2015, 05:06 AM
All ahead full

AdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant futureAdmiralBuck has a brilliant future

Great design and illustration Tom! Looking sharp
Old 10-27-2015, 06:11 AM
Humble Aspirant

SCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to allSCI-FI is a name known to all

Clean drawing, clean design; very well done.