Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Live Action Yamato (Star Blazers) Teaser Trailer

Wombat loaned me the Yamato BluRay and I watched it last night. I really enjoyed the hell out of it!

It's incredibly cheesy, but that's a good thing IMHO. The plot holes are enormous, the secondary characters are terribly acted, but that's all part of the fun. The main characters were pretty likeable and faithful to the original series (from memory!).

The FX and set designs are spectacular. Think of huge style influences from TNS Galactica and Starship Troopers and you'll get the idea. The Yamato looks incredible, massive detail, and beautiful flyby shots honouring the original cartoon. No, it's not dubbed into English, but you get used to the subtitles pretty quickly,

Yeah, it's good and bad, but the cool factor makes it a must see for anyone remotely fond of the show. My new sig-chick is a major reason to watch it too.

Mike
Old 11-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God
Default Re: Live Action Yamato (Star Blazers) Teaser Trailer

oh yeah shes hot!