Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 01-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Nothing like Tig ole' Bitties!

BB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of AllBB43MAN Overlord Master of All
Default Re: Live Action Yamato (Star Blazers) Teaser Trailer

Wait a sec..........did anyone catch what 777 said "I'll have to check my records to see if I have one (a model) in storage".

Storage? Records?

The man has so many models he has to keep records of where they're stored?!?!?!

Nice problem to have!!!! LOL!!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:04 PM

elgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBattlestar View Post
I want one of those!

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban946749

Mike
I actually bought my 1/350 Yamato from Hobbylink Japan, when they had a booth set up at the 2007 Wizard World Comic Con in Chicago. They brought one with them from Japan and I saw it on opening day and snagged it up. My friends thought I was crazy for walking around with that huge box all day but they didn't know the anime. However, every once in a while, somebody would come up to me and say "YAMATO HASSHIN!" or "COOL! IT'S THE ARGO." It is a terrific model, parts all fit like a glove and the sound and lighting and moving cannons make it one of the best toys I have. For about $500.00, it is a truly great collectible. I actually never saw Starblazers when I was a kid but watched all of Space Battleship Yamato in subtitled form about a decade ago. It was a spiritually moving experience and is now probably my second favorite anime series behind Evangelion or Gundam.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:10 PM

elgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulman View Post
They took a page from the BSG remake and made the Mr Potatohead doctor a woman.
Yeah, Dr. Sado is now a woman. That kind of saddens me simply because he provided all the comic relief in a very dark, serious anime. Plus, he was a drunk always drinking up the sake and a womanizer always trying to see up Yuki Mori's skirt who was his nurse. She's now a fighter pilot and member of the Black Tigers in the film. And I guess we won't get Sado's cat either in the new film. Sucks. When Sado and his cat died in the Arrividerci Yamato film, I cried.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
Well, according to my records, I've got one called "Bandai Space Battleship Yamato (SPX 01)" in storage in Brisbane... I hope this is the same one.. I think it is...
Hey 777. Do yourself a favor and hit on that link to the HLJ website and purchase that Bandai 1/350 Yamato. You will love it! And I for one would love to see what you could do with it.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Thumbs up Re: Live Action Yamato (Star Blazers) Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB43MAN View Post
Wait a sec..........did anyone catch what 777 said "I'll have to check my records to see if I have one (a model) in storage".

Storage? Records?

The man has so many models he has to keep records of where they're stored?!?!?!

Nice problem to have!!!! LOL!!!!!
haha, I wish . It may sound a lot more impressive than it really is! It's a long term storage warehouse near Brisbane. It looks pretty much like the ending of "Raiders" where everyone puts crap in long term storage. It's a... long story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgato View Post
Hey 777. Do yourself a favor and hit on that link to the HLJ website and purchase that Bandai 1/350 Yamato. You will love it! And I for one would love to see what you could do with it.
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but the best I could do would be to... put it into storage I don't have the space where I live at the moment I am busting to do a kit though... one day I'll buy a place somewhere on the planet and get cracking

That kit does look impressive.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God
Question Re: Live Action Yamato (Star Blazers) Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgato View Post
Yeah, Dr. Sado is now a woman. That kind of saddens me simply because he provided all the comic relief in a very dark, serious anime. Plus, he was a drunk always drinking up the sake and a womanizer always trying to see up Yuki Mori's skirt who was his nurse. She's now a fighter pilot and member of the Black Tigers in the film. And I guess we won't get Sado's cat either in the new film. Sucks. When Sado and his cat died in the Arrividerci Yamato film, I cried.
I wonder what benefit they feel they're getting form changing these things. I can see why they would want to mix it up with The new BSG, but this hasn't been done live action before nor is it mainstream (yet!).
Old 01-22-2010, 01:10 PM

Peagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of AllPeagis Overlord Master of All

Sweet!!!

~Pete~
Old 06-28-2010, 03:16 PM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute

The newest trailer:

Old 06-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Kneel Hoomans! Mwaahaa!

Apophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati GodApophis Resin Illuminati God

Oooo, when?
Old 06-28-2010, 06:19 PM

spongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to beholdspongebob is a splendid one to behold

Cool, I will need to watch this one.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Mostly Harmless

Cool. liked those guns rotating at the end. Sweeeet.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:58 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

I just can't wait for this, it looks fantastic, and here's hoping there's some new kits to support it. I would hope some of the designs come from the latest HYPERWEAPON I have, but I think thats from an older animated movie I haven't seen yet. Still, some of the interceptors etc could do with an update.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Member at large

Base Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond reputeBase Star Commander has a reputation beyond repute

Next up, ROBOTECH......?

I had to fall, to lose it all.
But in the end, It doesn't even matter.
I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go.
For all this, There's only one thing you should know....
Old 06-30-2010, 01:53 AM
SUPATRPR"littering&..."

belleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud ofbelleauwood has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Base Star Commander View Post
Next up, ROBOTECH......?
Fuck yeah!

But Minmei had best not be such a whiny bitch.

And Lisa Hayes has GOT to be HOT!

Ryan
Old 06-30-2010, 08:49 AM

Location: Corellia, just south of Mandalor, north of Tatooine, east of Coruscant and west of Gotham City.
Boxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant futureBoxster has a brilliant future

I tried to stay away from this thread because mention of the Yamato model will come up and how right I am! BUT, I think its a good thing coz I am sure Bandai will produce the movie version of the ship!

Dunno how the movie will turn out but it looks good!

B