Resin Illuminati

Go Back   Resin Illuminati > The Oratory > General Science Fiction Discussion

General Science Fiction Discussion For all Sci-Fi Series, Books, Movies, and TV

Old 10-12-2009, 02:24 PM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future
Default Re: Avatar Teaser Trailer (Quicktime)

I thought so too. I like how it builds on the current shuttle... really grounds the design in reality.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Luke ThreadKiller

bwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond reputebwayne64 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I just hope the rest of the movie looks as good, Cameron usually delivers. I remember when I heard he was doing Titanic, I was like Why the heck is he doing that boring stuff. Then I went and saw it. For me Kate Winslet was enough reason to love it. But it was good, I had to admit. If he can take a story as old and anti climatic as Titanic and make it work..... well I'll have hope for this one, Cheers,

Joe C.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:24 AM

PetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant futurePetarB has a brilliant future

STOP YOUR GRINNIN' AND DROP YOUR LINEN!
The new trailer is out and it is ay-may-zing!
Trailer addict version
Or wait for Quicktime version out tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:25 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

Yeah, looking pretty good! It still looks CGI in a lot of parts, but I can't imagine Cameron releasing something that won't blow our socks off. I can't wait to hear Horner's score either- for me, the music is a big part of the movie experience and I hope this one delivers.

Mike
Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 PM

The Quicktime version is out now (1080p) and it is amazing. I really hope they issue some models from this one as well - the more footage we see, the more and more vehicles appear.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TOTALEFFINDESTRUCTION.jpg (259.6 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by PetarB; 10-29-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:34 PM

elgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to allelgato is a name known to all

The first time I saw this new trailer for Avatar was on my trusty but old laptop. I thought it was great. Went to the theatre tonight and caught Paranormal Activity again but before seeing it stepped into the theatre next door playing Saw VI which had the new Avatar trailer and saw this thing in all its digital glory. My GOD! There's a scene that is full CG where Jake is in the jungle as his Na'Vi avatar and I swear it looked just like Sam Worthington in a bunch of makeup! But it was full on CGI. I think Cameron may have done it. This thing is jawdropping. After the film, we went to a friend's house and caught it in 1080p on a massive LCD screen. We were able to slow things down and take a look at all of it and try to figure out what is real and what is CG. It's just too damn hard! We looked at the scene that I mentioned above several times and were just awe struck. Shit! Cameron's a genius!
Old 11-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

HOLY SHIT!!!!

Check out the trailer at the end:

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/1...vatar_cameron/
Old 11-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Glacial Pace Builder

LastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati GodLastBattlestar Resin Illuminati God

We saw the Avatar trailer recently in HD projection at the cinema and it really looks fantastic on the big screen. I'm really looking forward to this!

Did you notice the huge dropship miniature behind Jon Landau?

Mike

Last edited by LastBattlestar; 11-23-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Mostly Harmless

777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God777 Resin Illuminati God

I know, freaking cool. Lots of new ships coming out of this baby!! James Cameron seems like a great guy too.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:23 AM

Bishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond reputeBishop37 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a featurette here: http://player.canalplus.fr/#/297591
Old 12-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

I've just been listening to the score samples at Amazon and I quite like it. Very tribal/African/new age, but it sounds good. Still no fat, memorable main themes that you'll remember for the rest of your life, but that's the 'in thing' these days with film scores...

Mike
Old 12-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Absolutely! That featurette was fantastic. I think we are underestimating the film at this point. Eight more days until I'm buying my tickets and popcorn on line for V-Max, HD-projection 3D big screen goodness!

Mike
Old 12-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Early reviews are out- Avatar sound like it's a winner! 5 days to go!

Spoilers ahead:

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117...goryid=31&cs=1

Mike
Old 12-13-2009, 01:10 AM

I cannot bloody wait!
Old 12-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Glacial Pace Builder

Yeah, only four more sleeps until we see it in the local mega V-Max auditorium with spacious double seats, HD projection, 3D and 1,590,624 watts of amplification!

Mike